Key West?

kathy87

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am planning on doing Universal/Disney and Key West in September. Can anyone recommend a hotel that they love in the Keys?

TIA

I had a reservation at one of the small hotels (really a motel chain) but they cancelled it automatically because of a storm. However, some of the recommendations were to book one of the guest houses rather than a hotel per se.

Hi,

I am planning on doing Universal/Disney and Key West in September. Can anyone recommend a hotel that they love in the Keys?

TIA

Honestly stay wherever you can find that isn't a dump, whether it be a hotel or a B&B! KW has limited inventory, and AFFORDABLE inventory is even more limited. If possible, get somewhere within walking distance of Duval Street and Mallory Square, but cabs are plentiful if you can't. Luckily September is not quite peak season so you should still be able to get some decent stuff. The beaches in KW aren't the best, so don't worry about distance to the beach. Often the beaches are closed due to "high amounts of fecal matter"! For that reason, a hotel with a pool would be a plus!

We've been to Key West 3 times in the last 4 years for a total of 21 nights and have only stayed in one room. Master Suite #1 in the Curry Mansion. Perfect for us, steps off of Duval in Old Town, 2 hour happy hour every night, breakfast included, free washer and dryer, free parking. There is a lot to pick from depending on what you like. Keep in mind it is not a beach destination.

We stayed at the Best Western Ambassador in Key West. Not the one that's right there near town, but the one a couple miles outside of town. They have free parking, bus and trolley service to and from town. Free continental breakfast, Tiki bar with food and drinks including alcoholic beverages right beside pool, nice pool with close view of Atlantic Ocean. I think their rooms have been recently remodeled. It's not a fancy hotel, but very nice. To be honest, we stayed here because it was affordable, and would stay here again, in a heartbeat. I also liked that their balconies were screened in.

Last edited:
We've been to Key West 3 times in the last 4 years for a total of 21 nights and have only stayed in one room. Master Suite #1 in the Curry Mansion. Perfect for us, steps off of Duval in Old Town, 2 hour happy hour every night, breakfast included, free washer and dryer, free parking. There is a lot to pick from depending on what you like. Keep in mind it is not a beach destination.
Very true...not a beach destination. There is Smathers Beach and one other beach, and that's it for beaches, I think.

If you're active or retired military, there are some great options. We had a two-story, three-bedroom townhouse bicycling distance to everything for $120 a night.

The Curry Mansion also has a special; stay 4 nights pay for 3 that includes September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter