Key West: Margarita Ville or Hard Rock?

luvbnmama

Earning My Ears
Really want to go to one of these places. Hard Rock's are everywhere, but I've never been to Jimmy Buffet's Margarita Ville. Is it close to the pier where we are let off? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

4/10/04 Magic

:earsgirl:

We ate there on our Western cruise and loved it. I had to have the Cheeseburger in Paradise and a Margarita. The t-shirt shop is right next door. About two blocks from the ship if I am not mistaken.
We ate at Hard Rock in Gatlingburg, TN two weeks ago and I did not care for it at all. Music way too loud and the food was just so-so.
I am sure you will get a variety of opions.
Russ

Being a Parrothead, I have to go to Margaritavile. However, for the price of the drinks and the food, you are better off going elsewhere. I was dissapointed in the burger(preformed) and the quality of the drinks the last time we stopped in.
By all means, go to the store and buy a t-shirt or whatever. But you are paying for where you are and not what you are getting at the restaurant.

Can you go to Margaritaville for just drinks, or is it strictly a restaurant?

The two times I visited Margaritaville it was ONLY for drinks.:o I had a great time they had an Elvis impersonator performing who is African American and he called himself the one true Black Elvis. It was a hoot. And the drinks were great, even the fu-fu drinks.:crazy:

Definately do Magaritaville and have a cheeseburger in Paradise!

I didn't eat or drink but I did shop in Margaritaville. It looked like a fun place but I heard the burgers were not to great:crazy:

I was so disappointed in Margaritaville....

we spent a week in Key West last August abd tried it on several occasions and - no good....the shop was always packed.....and if you are coming from a cruise ship it will definitely be packed. The bathrooms were yucky and it was just a downright disappointment........

These are very close to each other (in fact almost across the street!) You can always hit both if you like. The food at Margaritaville is a little better than Hard Rock (in my opinion) but I love Hard Rock too. You can always just hit the merchandise shops and eat at a MUCH better place than either of these too.

Sue Ellen

Ok - this is Shirley and my own opinion on both Jimmy Buffett's and Hard Rock cafe - I have gone to both - first you must realize both of these buildings especially where Margaritaville is located was an S & H Kress building that gosh must be well over 100 years old, and I agree, when I checked out the upstairs - NOTHING had changed, well almost, since I was a kid - the bathrooms hadn't changed much either tho they have upgraded some of the fixtures - do I think they take good care of it - no I don't - I took my sister and her 2 daughters, my son and his wife and one daughter plus myself in there to eat (total of 7)- I loved the atmosphere - I really really did, BUT I was not impressed with the food - when the bill came, I had almost decided I needed to go somewhere to get a quick loan to pay the bill - now on the upside - I keep forgetting that Key West is now a total tourist town so they are going to charge anything and everything they can - the louder the music and the clicking of the fingers, the more you are swaying and getting into it and yep you are going to get carried away - why I know this, cause I am an ol conch that KNOWS BETTER and I still get sucked in which is ok - we have saved our monies to get away and yes we deserve to have a good time - Hard Rock Cafe is on Caroline and Duval Street which is about 3 blocks North of Jimmy Buffett's place - at one time this building was the Elk's Club and the building also is very very old - I also went there to eat simply again cause it brought back a lot of old memories - the food wasn't bad and I liked the entertainment - again it was expensive - so you have to decide ok do I want the atmosphere, great entertainment against taste and cost? that is what it is down to. No I am NOT degrading my hometown, but truth is truth - do I love JB;s - yep - I love to go in there and just remember way back when it was a sode fountain and I like the memories - do I love HRC - yep for the same thing.
So you each decide - give it a try and you decide -
I still love my hometown - I don't like how they treat you, the tourist.
Always
Shirley

If you are doing the Magic western cruise you could stop at Margaritaville in Key West and the Hard Rock in Grand Cayman.
Being parrotheads we had to make a stop at Margaritaville on our last cruise and we thought the food and atmosphere were well worth it. We did not eat at the Hard Rock in Grand Cayman but we did stop in at the store.
Either way I think you will enjoy yourself.

John

MARGARITAVILLE ALL THE WAY!!!!!
NEVER miss a chance to go to Margaritaville!
Have a cheeseburger in paradise and a margarita for me, will you?
Made the "pilgrimage" to Orlando for my 30th...went to food and wine fest, and Margaritaville. WHat better b'day could you ask for?

FINS UP!!!!

Margaritaville - all the way. I ordered a "cheesburger in paradise" both times...was not dissapointed. Any Parrot Head would appreciate the shop next door...great Jimmy merchandise.

FYI - across the streen from Margaritaville...is a Coach leather store - GREAT SALE PRICES!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter