Key West Electric Car Fun!!

erinlees_mommie

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if any of you have tried this out yet? And if so because of it being on the road is it safe for a 4 yr old to participate in with us or should this be just DH and I? I just worry about no car seat and it being an open vehicle but it looks FUN :)

There are reviews of this in the EXCURSION REVIEWS for Key West in the DIS DCL FAQ thread at the top of this forum. :)

thanks..But I didn't see anything about kids being taken out on them :(
Maybe we will go in person and check it out.I don't want to book them and end up wasting the time and $ if we can't all go enjoy it.

We rented one last year (we do not have kids). It was fun, but I doubt it was safe. :confused3 Most drivers there seem used to the electric cars, bikes and motor scooters on the road. I never felt endangered by other drivers, but I never really felt safe. It was a very efficient way to see the island, seeing what we wanted at the pace we wanted. Hope that helps a little.

We rented one in June 2006 with our almost three year old. We had seatbels with shoulder strap. We buckled her in and off we went. One of us always sat in the back beside her since there are no doors. Not as safe as with a car seat (which we didn't have) but I also was not overly concerned about having an issue. As mentioned before, a lot of those cars, bikes, scooters on the road. I would do this again if we were in Key West again!

Have you looked into the trolley tour? You can do this on your own and print out a coupon listed on their website. You can get on and off this when you want to at the stops too.

We rented one in June 2006 with our almost three year old. We had seatbels with shoulder strap. We buckled her in and off we went. One of us always sat in the back beside her since there are no doors. Not as safe as with a car seat (which we didn't have) but I also was not overly concerned about having an issue. As mentioned before, a lot of those cars, bikes, scooters on the road. I would do this again if we were in Key West again!

Cool...THANKS :)
I guess I was thinking about her being in the front with whoever was driving but I guess either way one of us would be sitting with her at all times :)

I will be adding this to my wish list of things to do before I decide the final excursions!

Thanks again

We rented one last year (we do not have kids). It was fun, but I doubt it was safe. :confused3 Most drivers there seem used to the electric cars, bikes and motor scooters on the road. I never felt endangered by other drivers, but I never really felt safe. It was a very efficient way to see the island, seeing what we wanted at the pace we wanted. Hope that helps a little.

:) That is what I am thinking about is us seeing it at our pace.
Did you rent through DCL or on your own.I see it is cheaper to go through them and not the CL.

Have you looked into the trolley tour? You can do this on your own and print out a coupon listed on their website. You can get on and off this when you want to at the stops too.

Yeh I saw the trolly thing on there...I was just thinking this because we have done the trolly in St Augustine and she get bored easily.So this might be a way to make her feel like a big girl and if we can stop here and there that might be the key for us.

:) That is what I am thinking about is us seeing it at our pace.
Did you rent through DCL or on your own.I see it is cheaper to go through them and not the CL.

We rented it on our own. It was us and another couple, so it cut the cost in half. We did not arrange for it until we were at Key West. I do not remember the company name, but they drove us from the dock to their business. Made for a very enjoyable day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter