key west aquarium

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
Shirley just sent us some GREAT stuff about key west and I quickly look through it. My son saw the one about "pet a shark at the key west aquarium" and thought that was so cool. anyone done this? Is it a living shark? Info please!thanks Ann

We did this a few weeks ago. They have feeding times every couple of hours where they feed the stingrays, sharks, sawfish, etc. During the shark feeding, they swim up and rip fish out of the feeder's hands. After feeding the sharks, they scoop up one or two baby sharks (about 18" long) and walk around the tank, allowing anyone who wants to touch the baby shark. They also had a very nice touch tank with starfish, sea cucumbers, urchins and horseshoe crabs. You may touch and pick up any of those. It is not the fanciest, most modern aquarium, but they make up for it by allowing the closeness to the animals. We thought it was well worth the cost.

wow thanks for the fast reply! This sounds like a good idea for my shark loving son! We needed something kid friendly in key west!

On our 8/3/02 cruise our friends took their 9 year old son to this and HE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! They said it was so cool to see them feed/pet the sharks.

The Aquarium itself is on the small side but they said if you go at feeding times it is well worth going to see. You can easily walk to it from where the ship docks.

MJ

Good morning
I sincerely believe the aquarium is just a great place for kids - this aquarium is as old as Father Time (well almost) my mama went there as a little girl and so did I - of course at that time it was only 15 cents to get in :p ----it has come a long way and it has improved quite a bit - I remember once upon a time they would take in "sick" fish, get them well and set them loose again in a "pen" outside of the aquarium - I haven't been there in many years, but I have heard that even tho it is old, it is a safe place for kids - I will be going down to KW again before the end of the year and will check it out.
Stay safe everyone and hugsssss from Florida
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter