Key to the World card question

mraviator

Earning My Ears
I've read about the Key to the World card being the jack-of-all-trades card for use throughout the ship. I'm seeing conflicting info, however, on how it works with money.

In one place I read it is simply tied to a credit card and any charges you put on the card will go to the CC at the end of the cruise. At another place I read that you have to put down a $500 deposit (cash or CC) and once that it used up, further charges go to the CC or more cash is requested.

And what do we do with our 3-year old's card...? Does she need it on her person for ID in the various kids activity clubs?

Thanks

What I was told by DCL - they pre-auth in $400 increments, but that no pre-auth remains on your card when you disembark - they finalize your billing the day you get off the ship.

Or you have the choice to pay in cash and I believe they will ask you to provide some cash up front but I can't remember if that is $400 or $200. You may not have to provide anything if you have OBC.

The 3 year old does not need the card to get into the clubs - they will be outfitted with a wristband. But they do need the card to get off and on the ship at ports of call. You can have charging turned off to the card.

When in doubt, call the DCL customer service line with your specific questions - they were very helpful answering all my money questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter