Key Lime Pie

Izzysdad

Mouseketeer
I have been reviewing all of the menu's everything on it from what I have read and seen, thanks to everyone who has posted pictures, you are making my mouth water :thumbsup2 ;) ! I am looking for Key Lime Pie and could not find it :confused3 . Can someone please advise if this is available on board? I find it odd that we are stopping in Key West and Key Lime Pie is not offered anywhere on board. Please help!

I have been reviewing all of the menu's everything on it from what I have read and seen, thanks to everyone who has posted pictures, you are making my mouth water :thumbsup2 ;) ! I am looking for Key Lime Pie and could not find it :confused3 . Can someone please advise if this is available on board? I find it odd that we are stopping in Key West and Key Lime Pie is not offered anywhere on board. Please help!

Haven't a picture but have had it on a 7 night cruise, best place is in Key West of course, there is a famous restaurant but I forget its silly name, Shirley would know.

http://www.blondgiraffe.com/home.htm
http://www.keylimeshop.com/

I don't remember it onboard.but in KW.....go to The Blond Giraffe........according to the Food Channel, and ME....it is the best.if you like a tart pie!:thumbsup2

I don't remember it onboard.but in KW.....go to The Blond Giraffe........according to the Food Channel, and ME....it is the best.if you like a tart pie!:thumbsup2

I don't remember it on board either. They do have a very nice lemon meringue tart at Parrot Key, but I don't remember key lime pie. (Although in the back of my mind I think I remember it offered at Lumiere's for lunch one day.)

The key lime pie at the Blond Giraffe is to-die-for! They have a shop right near Mallory Square so it's easy to get! They offer regular slices or that little bit of dessert heaven known as chocolate-covered-key-lime-pie-on-a-stick. I know...it sounds a bit gross...but it isn't! It was amazing.

Here it is from lunch at Triton's:

DCLOctober2008099.jpg

And ME!
If you want REAL AUTHENTIC Key Lime Pie you MUST go to the Blonde Giraffe while in Key West! It is THE BEST!!!
blond-giraffe-logo.gif

Personally, I do not like the Key Lime Pie on the ship. Could be because I am spoiled on the REAL STUFF! LOL

Also, get some Hog's Breath Original Spice while there. LOVE IT! I need more!!! Goes great on everything from eggs to BBQ.
hogs-breath-logo.gif

I think they have had it at the buffet at lunch, also at Palo's brunch.

oohhhh KEYLIME PIE!!! YOU MUST GO TO KERMITS IN KEYWEST!!!

My sister in law sends me keylime cookies from there every year for christmas!!! :thumbsup2

I had key lime pie on the Wonder in March at the buffet on Nassau Day at Beach Blanket.

I had Key Lime Pie at Topsiders and Parrot Cay on the Magic and at Triton's and Parrot Cay on the Wonder. I liked the version at Triton's best. Of course this was before I tasted the Key Lime Tart at Olivia's at OKW. This is the best Key Lime Pie/ Tart that I have tasted to date. I can't wait to visit Key West next year to sample some of the local Key Lime Pies.

dolphingirl47

It is soooo popular, I know I have had it on the Magic and also at Key West, but one of the best I have had was at Clearwater in Florida, I think it was a Frenches on the beach.

The best KLP in south Florida comes from Pubix supermarket bakeries .......

get a whole pie for what a tourist vendor will charge for a slice of less ......

Here it is from lunch at Triton's:

DCLOctober2008099.jpg
That looks worse than it used to be. I had it one time and when I told the waiter it was horrible he sent the pastry chef out to have a talk with me. I had already told the waiter I don't order klp out since it's never as good as I make it. Needless to say it was not good at all and hence the reason for the pastry chef's visit. He asked me what was wrong with it and I told him it didn't have enough key lime juice in it to make it tart like it should be.

There's also a store in Key West that sells it frozen on a stick and it's dipped in chocolate. No clue the name or street that it's on.

OK, here is the "key" question for me...which places have KLP with meringue and which places use whipped cream??

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will be thinking of you all when I am enjoying some KLP either on board or where I may find in KW.

The best KLP in south Florida comes from Pubix supermarket bakeries .......

get a whole pie for what a tourist vendor will charge for a slice of less ......

Yes yes yes - being Floridians, my family and DH's family have always been huge fans of key lime pie and Publix's is always the best. My own was great, but I did squeeze about 2 lbs of teeny tiny key limes for it..

I know that Triton's was "ok" but not great unfortunately.

Yes yes yes - being Floridians, my family and DH's family have always been huge fans of key lime pie and Publix's is always the best. My own was great, but I did squeeze about 2 lbs of teeny tiny key limes for it..

I know that Triton's was "ok" but not great unfortunately.

Here's a hint for you.....the easiest way to squeeze key limes is to use a garlic press. So much time is saved this way. :thumbsup2
I still prefer to use the bottled juice, you get a more consistent flavor with it than the fresh key limes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter