Kevin, love to know more abt your tomato sauce.

Kimberle

WL Vet
I'm intrigued after your restaurant review. How does the alfredo sauce blend with the red sauce? I'd love to hear how you make it at home if you're so inclinded to share. :flower3:

It's pretty simple actually.....

When I'm making red sauce....I take some butter and flour and let it cook out a bit and then add milk / cream and parmesan cheese and stir. Almost like you are making mac and cheese from scratch

This needs to be done over low heat and stirred until it's thick and creamy.

I then add it to the red sauce.

I even do this with jarred sauce....but I'm not as fancy.

I pour the red sauce into the pan and then pour a bit of mil into the empty bottle with some grated parmesan cheese. I swish it around and then pour it into the sauce.

Or...if it's easier...buy a jar of red and jar of alfredo and mix them together.

I find a lot of red tomato sauces a bit "acidy" and I like them a bit more mellow.

My jarred sauce of choice is Rao's. It's more expensive...but worth it.

Ooooo...cooking with Kevin. Sounds like a great new segment idea. Hugs.

That sounds like something I could make easily...I love Alfredo but I also love red sauce, but it doesn't love me that much...LOL!!!

Kevin,

Could you post the vegetable recipe you mentioned in Florence? It seemed so simple but when I tried it as I remembered it (as in, open bag, dump vegetables on cooking sheet, pour olive oil on vegetables), it was not all that much of a success. I think it might have lost something in the translation.

When I'm making red sauce....I take some butter and flour and let it cook out a bit and then add milk / cream and parmesan cheese and stir. Almost like you are making mac and cheese from scratch

I pour the red sauce into the pan and then pour a bit of mil into the empty bottle with some grated parmesan cheese. I swish it around and then pour it into the sauce.

Or...if it's easier...buy a jar of red and jar of alfredo and mix them together.

I find a lot of red tomato sauces a bit "acidy" and I like them a bit more mellow.

Kevin, that sounds good, I'll have to try it. After having my gallbladder removed, I'm finding that anything with red sauce bothers me....and I love Italian

Kevin,

Could you post the vegetable recipe you mentioned in Florence? It seemed so simple but when I tried it as I remembered it (as in, open bag, dump vegetables on cooking sheet, pour olive oil on vegetables), it was not all that much of a success. I think it might have lost something in the translation.

I roast a lot of veggies.

Preheat over to 425 degrees.

Place veggies on baking sheet.

(Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, any squash, root veggies all turn out great)

Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.

Roast 20 minutes.

*** Variations
Parm or cheddar on the cauliflower
Garlic and a lemon cut into 8 wedges in the broccoli
Balsamic vingar on the asparagus
Brown sugar on butternut squash

Depending on what you add and how much oil you use.....these are all pretty low cal.

"(as in, open bag, dump vegetables on cooking sheet, pour olive oil on vegetables)"

I'm not sure if by "open bag" you mean frozen bag of veggies? This technique only works with fresh vegetables.

Roasted veggies are my fav!!

(Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, any squash, root veggies all turn out great)

Roast 20 minutes.

*** Variations

Depending on what you add and how much oil you use.....these are all pretty low cal.

Thanks. Now I'm really hungry.

And Auntie, they were not frozen. I'm too lazy to cut up my own so I buy fresh in bags. They make a good snack.

hummm, sounds wonderful! I'm going to try it...:)

Roast 20 minutes.

*** Variations

I do this with frozen cauliflower and onions (fresh). I put the cauliflower in a corningware baking dish, add chopped onions and olive oil. Roast. Yum!!!

We call my mom's red and alfredo her "pink" sauce. It's especially good over cheese ravioli and stuffed shells IMHO. I'm wondering what kind of jar alfredo sauce you use Kevin? My mom uses jar red sauce, but no one liked it when she tried using a jar alfredo too. It was too thick and didn't have alot of flavor.

Roast 20 minutes.

*** Variations

Dh and I love veggies like this...everything...brocollli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, green beans, squash...almost any fresh veggie is great cooked like this. Yum!

Also, if you are a bit sensitive to acidy things like tomato sauce and you don't have time to mix in the alfredo sauce, putting a little milk or cream can help to neutralize the acid a bit.

I use garlic infused olive oil when I sauté or roast my veggies. It's incredible. And I really want to get that black truffle salt from the Spice and Tea Exchange again. That stuff rocked.

During the winter, I experimented with making soups and marinara sauce from scratch. Loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter