Kevin, I 100% agree with you about ADR system

JERME81

Do what you like, Like what you do
Kevn, I feel your pain and frustration.

I cannot tell you how much I hate the new ADR system. I think people are making reservations that they will not keep which is preventing people from getting an ADR.

I was one of many who called the day I was allowed to make ADR's and could not get many that I wanted. So I called in and the cast member could not find openings either. So I asked her how that could be and was given the speech about how guests are checking in before you and there is the plus 10 day thing and so on. I asked to taked to a manager and he told me the same thing. He also told me he could not do anything about it but to give me an email address to complain to someone, which I did not. I didn't want to get a letter from Disney weeks later thanking me for my comments and to have a magical day.

I think Disney needs to go back to the old ADR system so people cannot make multiple reservations. Or.....they should tie your ADR to a credit card, so that if you are a no show they charge you a nominal fee. Sorry for the long rant, hope I don't get flammed.

I hear your frustration but I think the problem is more complex then just duplicate reservations.

We were in there in June and had an 8:25 ADR for Le Cellier, group of 4. We arrived 5 minutes before our time. The place was packed. They were seating groups of 6+ within 5 minutes and groups of 2 just a little bit longer. We were not seated until 9:45. It was only groups of 3-4 that were waiting like this. I think the system had too many tables available for ADRs. I suspect that the process of loading tables for availability is corrupted some way

Kevn, I feel your pain and frustration.

I cannot tell you how much I hate the new ADR system. I think people are making reservations that they will not keep which is preventing people from getting an ADR.

I was one of many who called the day I was allowed to make ADR's and could not get many that I wanted. So I called in and the cast member could not find openings either. So I asked her how that could be and was given the speech about how guests are checking in before you and there is the plus 10 day thing and so on. I asked to taked to a manager and he told me the same thing. He also told me he could not do anything about it but to give me an email address to complain to someone, which I did not. I didn't want to get a letter from Disney weeks later thanking me for my comments and to have a magical day.

I think Disney needs to go back to the old ADR system so people cannot make multiple reservations. Or.....they should tie your ADR to a credit card, so that if you are a no show they charge you a nominal fee. Sorry for the long rant, hope I don't get flammed.

Yes, getting a reservation can be almost impossible. I did manage to get California Grill one night during our upcoming trip. I did it on line and did have to secure it with a credit card, and the site states that I will be charged $20 if I call and cancel within 24 hours of the ressie or I am a no show. I'm glad they're doing it, I wish other restaurants also had that policy.

I hear your frustration but I think the problem is more complex then just duplicate reservations.

We were in there in June and had an 8:25 ADR for Le Cellier, group of 4. We arrived 5 minutes before our time. The place was packed. They were seating groups of 6+ within 5 minutes and groups of 2 just a little bit longer. We were not seated until 9:45. It was only groups of 3-4 that were waiting like this. I think the system had too many tables available for ADRs. I suspect that the process of loading tables for availability is corrupted some way

This worries me because Le Cellier just opened up a bunch of time slots in September (at around the 60 day point). It's our first time eating there and I'm afraid our party of 3 adults are going to feel like a bunch of sardines. :crowded:

Yes, getting a reservation can be almost impossible. I did manage to get California Grill one night during our upcoming trip. I did it on line and did have to secure it with a credit card, and the site states that I will be charged $20 if I call and cancel within 24 hours of the ressie or I am a no show. I'm glad they're doing it, I wish other restaurants also had that policy.

I had to give our CC info when booking CRT and the Princess Storybook breakfast. I figured we would for CRT since it is so coveted and a 2 TS restaurant, but I was a little surprised by Akershus. I wonder how they decide which one will require a CC because there were other signature restaurants that we booked didn't need it (Brown Derby, Yachtsman). I can't believe they don't make you give that info for other popular restaurants like Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's or O'hana. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the most popular restaurant in all of EPCOT...........San Angel Inn! :rolleyes1

I was surpirsed to hear the rant this week and reading the posts about the trouble with the online ADR system. My wife and I are going down in the end of Oct, I went on at the 90 day mark and was able to to get the reservations for all I was looking for. I was able to secure reservations for Narcossi at 6p on a Sunday, Crystal Palace for breakfast, and Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Now of course I did get those weird off times, as we know nothing in Disney is at "normal" times. Maybe it was because a party of 2 and the time being October made it easier. Or maybe I was just getting lucky!!! I didn't pick any of the in demand places either, at least not that I thought. Good luck to others!!!

I was surpirsed to hear the rant this week and reading the posts about the trouble with the online ADR system. My wife and I are going down in the end of Oct, I went on at the 90 day mark and was able to to get the reservations for all I was looking for. I was able to secure reservations for Narcossi at 6p on a Sunday, Crystal Palace for breakfast, and Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Now of course I did get those weird off times, as we know nothing in Disney is at "normal" times. Maybe it was because a party of 2 and the time being October made it easier. Or maybe I was just getting lucky!!! I didn't pick any of the in demand places either, at least not that I thought. Good luck to others!!!

I did our ADR's online at the 90 day mark, too (end of June for Sept. trip) and had a few "hard to get" ressies that I had no trouble obtaining (thankfully). Le Cellier, CRT, Storybook Breakfast, CP, 1900 PF, Tusker House breakfast, etc. I even changed some days around a couple of weeks later and still had no issues getting what we wanted for the times we wanted (if I tried to do that today, though....no way Jose!). For some meals we were a party of 2, sometimes 3 and sometimes 5. I feel bad for the others that had so many issues getting what they wanted. I found that a good trick to getting the really popular stuff was planning them toward the end of our trip so there would be more availability. That and we don't have kids, so we can be flexible with our times.

I could totally see people browsing online, finding the restaurant they want for a different date/time than what they were looking for, or maybe the right date/time, but a different location, and getting a stock pile of back ups until they find what they were initially looking for. I do like how the website gives you 'other options', but it can be very tempting to book stuff you didn't really want just because you see it's available and you know it's hard to get. :hyper:

I just want to remind people to keep trying for what they want. I called at my 90 day mark for a 6 pm reservation and the only thing available was 4:45 so I took it. I have been checking on-line for the last 1 1/2 months and there has been nothing available there...then today, lo and behold I was able to get a 6:05 reservation plus there was a 6:50 and 6:55 available too. So keep on trying. (p.s. I did cancel my 1st reservation for 4:45)

I agree to keep trying to get the ADR you are looking for. I did manage to get Le Cellier a few days after I first tried. I did not get an ealier time at Sci-Fi on a particular day. I had originally booked dinner one night at 8:30, which is a bit late for dinner in my opinion. I kept trying online and could not get an ealier time and I also called and could not get an ealier time. So, I decided to give Maya Grill a try and got a 6:15 p.m. ADR there for that same night. So, the good person I am, cancelled my 8:30 Sci-Fi ADR. I still may cancel my Maya Grill ADR and try to do Big River Grill, which does not take ADR's.

I made my reservations 2 weeks ago for my October Trip. Here is what I experienced, that may help others find those elusive reservations.

First I tried to used the online system - It Would not recognize my 90+10. I tried on multiple computers still would not work, so I called the Phone in ADR line.

I got a very helpful cast member, though I don't remember her name. I will be traveling Solo, so I was mainly looking for a reservation for 1 person.

When searching for reservations at places like California Grill, Kona Cafe, Chef Mickeys, Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse... The system was either saying there were no openings or would give me a reservation time at Closing 8:45 pm - 9:00 pm time frame. On a whim after trying several dates to no avail for Kona Cafe, the cast member decided to try for a party of 2 and the whole system opened up, I got my preferred times on all my ADR's, we just had to reserve for two people on several of my reservations, if it would not find anything for 1 diner.

My recommendation is if the system is not finding any openings, try a different combination of diners in your party, as it may open up one of the tough to get reservations, you can always call back and cancel the extra person. To make any changes to the reservations, you need to wait until the reservation hits it's 90 day mark if it is one of your +10 ADRs. Also be flexible on your times, I basically told the CM, that I wanted a reservation around 7:30, as she then would tell me what was available to choose from.

I hope this helps - good luck with your future ADRs.

I made my reservations 2 weeks ago for my October Trip. Here is what I experienced, that may help others find those elusive reservations.

First I tried to used the online system - It Would not recognize my 90+10. I tried on multiple computers still would not work, so I called the Phone in ADR line.

I got a very helpful cast member, though I don't remember her name. I will be traveling Solo, so I was mainly looking for a reservation for 1 person.

When searching for reservations at places like California Grill, Kona Cafe, Chef Mickeys, Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse... The system was either saying there were no openings or would give me a reservation time at Closing 8:45 pm - 9:00 pm time frame. On a whim after trying several dates to no avail for Kona Cafe, the cast member decided to try for a party of 2 and the whole system opened up, I got my preferred times on all my ADR's, we just had to reserve for two people on several of my reservations, if it would not find anything for 1 diner.

My recommendation is if the system is not finding any openings, try a different combination of diners in your party, as it may open up one of the tough to get reservations, you can always call back and cancel the extra person. To make any changes to the reservations, you need to wait until the reservation hits it's 90 day mark if it is one of your +10 ADRs. Also be flexible on your times, I basically told the CM, that I wanted a reservation around 7:30, as she then would tell me what was available to choose from.

I hope this helps - good luck with your future ADRs.

I have difficulty finding a reservation for two, but if I ask for a ressie for 3 or 4, then suddenly it's available. I actually learned this little trick from Awesome Kevin and I use it all the time now.

I had a lot of difficulty getting the ADR's for the second part of my trip online at my 90 day mark. There was no + 10 here as we are offsite for this part of our stay. But I checked everyday and now have everything we want. The only ADR I haven't been able to get was 1900PF for my dd's birthday for 4people. So I changed it to 5 people and my choice of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter