Kevin and John would like to announce.....

Although I think every day is a great day to be alive, reading this news just made it especially great. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to give the groom and the groom big hugs.

Many years of wedded bliss.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Congratulations!!!! So thrilled for you both!

Best news I've heard all day!

See you in less than 4 months!

I've been asked for details...

it's really sort of simple.

John and I were together 10 years last September and we started talking about this.

While it's perfect and exciting for some, we are not "big party and fuss" kinda guys.

We had talked about going to NYC for a couple of days and doing it that way, but the timing never worked out.

When Disney announced that the Fantasy was going to be christened in NYC, we thought this might be our chance.

We were not at all sure of the schedule of events until just prior to leaving Florida.

Monday, Pete and Walter wanted to shop for winter coats (it's COLD here), so we dropped them off at Macy's and went to the City Clerk's Office to apply for a license.

We didn't tell anyone about this until we were sure that this would work with our schedules. We didn't want to tell people we couldn't do it, so we figured we would wait until we were sure we could.

Last night at about 5pm, we decided that we should go buy rings, so we went dashing through the rain to the Diamond district.

We bought simple wedding bands in about 4 minutes and the man sized them while we waited.

We got up this morning and went back to the City Clerk's office and were married at approximately 11:20am EST.

After that, we went out for Italian food.

That's it.

That's the full details of how this played out.

Oh nuts, why did someone ask for details. I can't avoid getting mysty-eyed at weddings. That sounds so romantic, especially the Italian dinner!

Congratulations John and Kevin! I am so pleased for you! I hope you have a wonderful wedding day! :goodvibes

that today, March 1st 2012, we will be getting married in NYC.

Just wanted to share our exciting news.

John, Kevin I am absolutely delighted and ecstatic for you both.

I remember very well when civil partnerships became identified in law in Scotland and the UK and I though how wonder that was for couples.

I wish you both every happiness and hope you had a wonderful day :goodvibes

I've been asked for details...

it's really sort of simple.

John and I were together 10 years last September and we started talking about this.

While it's perfect and exciting for some, we are not "big party and fuss" kinda guys.

We had talked about going to NYC for a couple of days and doing it that way, but the timing never worked out.

When Disney announced that the Fantasy was going to be christened in NYC, we thought this might be our chance.

We were not at all sure of the schedule of events until just prior to leaving Florida.

Monday, Pete and Walter wanted to shop for winter coats (it's COLD here), so we dropped them off at Macy's and went to the City Clerk's Office to apply for a license.

We didn't tell anyone about this until we were sure that this would work with our schedules. We didn't want to tell people we couldn't do it, so we figured we would wait until we were sure we could.

Last night at about 5pm, we decided that we should go buy rings, so we went dashing through the rain to the Diamond district.

We bought simple wedding bands in about 4 minutes and the man sized them while we waited.

We got up this morning and went back to the City Clerk's office and were married at approximately 11:20am EST.

After that, we went out for Italian food.

That's it.

That's the full details of how this played out.

I am glad you included the food details.....that is always very important. How can you go wrong with Italian food in NYC.

Awww, I'm so very happy for you two. :lovestruc

Not only did you get to see the Fantasy, you now get to live it, too! :cloud9:

Congrats and wishes for many, many, MANY happy years together. :flower3:

Sometimes simple can be wonderful. My wife and I were married in a small ceremony in front of the fireplace at a friends house. We invited just a few family members and a couple friends.

We have been married for seventeen years now and never missed the big wedding. Congrats again to you both!

I agree.

Diane and I have been together for over 20 years and have 3 wonderful children (14, 10 and 9). We got married at the Kissimmee Court House on our first visit to Florida in 2009. Then txt our parents to let them know.
Next stop was booking into Universal Hard Rock Cafe.
Our only dated photo of the day is the 5 of us on Men In Black, much to DMIL chagrin :laughing:;)

Chuck, Chris and I wish you much love and happiness for many, many years!

:yay:

I think simple sounds fantastic. It was all about you with none of the drama of planning a wedding. Time for a honeymoon now. How about Paris??????

Laurie

:cool1::cool1::cool1: I am so late to the party, but I wanted to add my congratulations as well! I am so happy for you both!:banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter