Keurig... Spring water vs tap water

DISshopkeeper

<font color=green>Had 3 topplings over the years<b
We got a Keurig for Christmas! :cool1: LOVE it! :cool1:

On the down side, the book said to use spring water if available. Well, it IS but we are blowing through out 5 gal jugs in record time and it's not cheap.

So ... Does it really make a difference? I know I wouldn't be able to TASTE a difference. And in a last minute flurry to prepare for guests, I've misplaced the book that came with the machine. :confused3

On the down side, the book said to use spring water if available. Well, it IS but we are blowing through out 5 gal jugs in record time and it's not cheap.

So ... Does it really make a difference? I know I wouldn't be able to TASTE a difference. And in a last minute flurry to prepare for guests, I've misplaced the book that came with the machine. :confused3

We use water from our Britta. We hate the water we have here and I try to use the filtered water for everything including ice. DFH had tap water in the Keurig and it had a gross film in the water tank from the hard water.

I can't understand why tap water and spring water would be much different except for taste (chlorine) or minerals (hard water), but if that's the case, why can't you occasionally run vinegar or cleaner through to get the deposits out like a regular coffee machine :confused3 We have well water which tastes great and I can definitely tell the difference in my coffee when I use tap water from elsewhere that has chlorine in it. We always take our own drinking and coffee water with us when we are out of town. Good luck ;)

We only use filtered Britta water in our Keurig. That being said... we are on our 3rd machine in less than a year. Thank goodness Costco keeps taking the broken ones back because we love using our Keurig. :thumbsup2

Distilled water

Get a Brita filter. Regular tap water may make the Keurig even more problematic than they can already be relative to clogging and short cups and things. Even with filtered water, we had to have ours replaced under the warranty.

thanks, folks! Now I'll just sit back and wait for the trouble to start, I guess...:lmao:

I have family that live/work at a church camp out in the country. It has the most "brackish" water you've ever tasted (high mineral content)

But it makes the BEST coffee ever! Seriously! I hate to drink the water straight out of the tap, but the coffee is great! (We bring our own to brew in the cabin when the dining hall is not open)

I second running vinegar through the machine. I myself wouldn't use bottled water to make coffee... and I LOVE coffee!

We also use Brita filtered water in our Keurig.

Define tap water. From a well or a well water going thru a water system, city water (chlorinated), water thru a filter system, spring water with minerals. We have had all kinds.

My husband bought me one for Christmas!! I am in love!! I also use our Pur water. We have really gross, super hard water. It is beyond horrible.

When my husband ordered mine he got a whole "set" they make water filters for the Keurig that goes in the water tank. I have them, I am not sure if it makes a huge difference, but it may be something to look into if you don't already have them.

I wouldn't dare put unfiltered water in our machine, our water is that bad and I know the mineral deposits would mess it up. I am "picky" about water, but our water is so nasty that we still buy bottled water. Our filtered water is okay if there is some type of flavor to it. We also have to use special cleaner for our dishwasher - it's a pain. If it messes up our dishwasher I would hate to know what it would do to my Keurig... :goodvibes

I noticed our tap water made the tea from my Keurig taste icky - a hint of chlorine. So I started using the filtered water from my refridgerator and the tea tastes much better.

Are you exchanging the bottles at the store like at Home Depot and Walmart? Those are expensive.

Find one of those watermill water refill locations, or Glacier, and I'm sure there's more out there. I use that for my Keurig, and haven't had any problems in the year that I've had it. It's around 25 cents to 30 cents a gallon.

I can't stand the taste of Texas water either, so I have a few 1 gal jugs at my aunt's to fill up at the Watermill station by the house.

There's also a water filter you can get for the Keurig, it's $15. Not sure how much the replacement piece is though.

We use tap water. Our tap water tastes ok, though. Love the keurig! We even take ours to Disney when we go. (We drive and stay at SSR) :thumbsup2

Tap water unless I'm being good then it's filter through the brita.
If it seems like you are getting a smaller cup of coffee then it's time to clean it. There should be instructions in the instruction book.

We use water filtered by our Pur pitcher. I would not waste money on bottled "Spring water" because if you look at the fine print on some of the bottles, the water comes from a public water supply.

I use tap water. My machine has the built in water fillter and our city water is pretty decent drinking water.

We only use filtered Britta water in our Keurig. That being said... we are on our 3rd machine in less than a year. Thank goodness Costco keeps taking the broken ones back because we love using our Keurig. :thumbsup2

Wow!! I use water from the tap which is well water in my case and I've had the same Keurig for 2 years and honestly don't clean it nearly as often as I should!!

Guess I got a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter