Keurig...do you leave yours on 24/7?

I got the B70 November of 2010. They had to send me another because mine was shorting us on the water in cups, anyway, it is the best thing that we have bought! My hubby drinks decaf and I love leaded! This waywe both get what we want and the kinds of tea, coffee, hot chocolate choices is endless....As far as keeping it on all day, I have the timer set to come on at 7:15 AM and off at 10:15.

Ours is programed to turn on at 5:45 AM and shut off at 3 PM. But I usually shut it off manually when leaving for work.

I have a Bunn coffee maker which keep the water hot as long as it is on. I put it on a timer so it turns on about 30 minutes before I usually wake up so the water is heated by the time I need it and it turns off a couple hours later (for the weekends).

ETA: My Bunn pulls 50 watts so it would be like leaving a 50 watt lightbulb on 24/7.

Never realized the Bunn used thy much power. Mine just died and I replaced with a Keurig. I can't wait to see if it effects my bill :)

This is a good point. I actually had to clean out the water holder this past
weekend because there was a nice green film along the inside of the container:scared1: I have it set to automatically turn on 15 minutes before I get
up and to automatically go off about an hour later. Should I keep it on all the time? The water in the holder isn't hot though, just room temp. It's the
water inside the machine that stays hot.

Has anyone experienced bacteria in their water holder?

No.

But green sounds more like algae. How long did it take to get like this?

I'm a new keurig owner and still learning.

I'm probably defeating the purpose of the machine, but I run a cup of just plain water and then dispose of it. Then, I make my coffee. (I have time because I've been on vacation and don't go back to work until next week.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter