Kerry Gains Among Undecideds

Originally posted by richiebaseball
That's not true. Iraq was called an imminent threat.

"I think Iraq is the most serious and imminent threat to our country.
Senator John Edwards 2/24/02

This is the same Senator Edwards that was on the Intelligence committee.

Richard

Thank you Richie - that made me chuckle.

But, the Democrats say that was "nuance" - it was not the same "imminent" that they pretend Bush said.

Kerry and Edwards are "nuanced" - they can utter one thing one day and the opposite the next day and be praised for their 'nuanced positions'

Bush can say the same thing day after day and they claim he is not "nuanced" enough to be president.

Then they claim Bush is a "flip-flopper" when they quote what someone ELSE says that Bush says, even it happens to coincide with ONE of the positions that their own "nuanced" heros are uttering.

These people are simpletons - or liars.

It is hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Okey all hearing from either sides is about war. Unitl either candinate start talking about Americans getting jobs then. That's when I start listening what they have to say.

Bush is on verge to leading us into a depression. Everytime I turn on the news now is about people lose there jobs.

I am voting for Kerry to see if do a better job then Bush.

Puts flame suit now.

Originally posted by crazelion
Okey all hearing from either sides is about war. Unitl either candinate start talking about Americans getting jobs then. That's when I start listening what they have to say.

Bush is on verge to leading us into a depression. Everytime I turn on the news now is about people lose there jobs.

I am voting for Kerry to see if do a better job then Bush.

Puts flame suit now.
Kerry WILL do a better job than Bush. This I'm quite sure of.

From the American President:

"We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things, and two things only: making you afraid of it, and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle age, middle class, middle income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family, and American values and character, and you wave an old photo of the President's girlfriend and you scream about patriotism -- you tell them she's to blame for their lot in life. And you go on television and you call her a *****.

We've got serious problems, and we need serious people. And if you want to talk about character, Bob, you'd better come at me with more than a burning flag and a membership card. If you want to talk about character and American values, fine. Just tell me where and when, and I'll show up. This a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up.

My name is Andrew Shepherd, and I AM the President."

IMO it is similar...Kerry said "the president did this and that and I disagree...I will negotiate a solution...draw us out of Iraq...etc". Never did I hear HOW. Tell the people what they want to hear and they will vote for you....

Have you ever considered why "jobs were lost?"

Does the fact that Bush inherited a recession from Clinton enter your analysis?

Does the fact that in the two months following 9-11 over a million of those jobs were "lost" because of the business losses incurred in the travel industry, the vacation industry, etc.?

Does the fact that the unemployment rate is now LESS than what Democrats BRAGGED about in 1996 enter your consciousness? Democrats then campaigned on the fact that Clinton should be re-elected because of a LOW unemployment rate of about 5.7%

The unemployement rate now is under 5.6% = yet you are whining about it.

The Bush recovery has already made up for the economic damages done by the recession, the bursting of the Dot.com bubble, and the corporate corruption practices (all of which he inherited from the prior administration) AND the attacks on 9-11. Does this have any positive effect on you?? Or - do you think he could have done better?

Just what DO you base your stated opinion on?? statements by Kerry? Michael Moore? Cher?

The economy has performed a MIRACULOUS recovery - without the Bush tax cuts, we would be in a spiraling depression with no hope for recovery within years. Thank GOD for Bush's economic decisions.

Your turn - I predict you will punt.

Originally posted by Nancy
Well then DON'T be interested in ME! It must be wonderful to be so self righteous that you have a clue on how my mind works. Maybe I am undecided because of all the crap I hear from both sides...why would I want either man in office when all the hear is garbage being spewed from both parties. I have been voting since I was 18...I am now 46...this is the FIRST time I have felt the absolute uncertainty that neither candidate is right for the job. So I guess I have just made up my mind...I'm voting for the lesser of the 2 evils. And you can just forget about me.

You've had months to decide. That's the point. However, I can see how in this election there can be more undecides since Kerry has yet to stay on message more than a week. So, I do sympathize with you. But generally it's not all that difficult to figure out where a candidate stands. Except for Kerry, it's pretty easy to figure this out by convention time.

Originally posted by Gupsmom
No one ever said they were an imminent threat.

http://www.ph.ucla.edu/epi/bioter/iraqimminent.html

Really? I thought that was exactly what Bush said.

Jess

You'll have to help me out here. I read through the link above and cannot find a direct quote from Bush or anyone in the Administration stating that Iraq IS an imminent threat. Care to cite it for me, please?

The easier thing would have been to simply cite the full text of the SOU. http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030128-19.html

I read through the whole text and still cannot find any reference to Iraq being and immenent threat.

All I could find was:

"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike? If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words, and all recriminations would come too late. Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option. (Applause.) "

Could you please cite the "Iraq IS an imminent threat" text for me?

Originally posted by dmadman43
[B
"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. [/B]

Thanks, dmadman:

I thought that Bush had said something along those lines, but it was not in the source cited in the post I responded to. It is telling that it was the line BEFORE the source cited began the quote that I responded to.

Another example of selected "factoid" cherry picking and distortion.

So - it is evident what the president meant - now as it was then - and yet STILL kerry and his henchmen use the same old attack line.

Isn't it odd that some newsman, somewhere, sometime over the past year would have said =

"Wait Mr. Kerry - that is NOT what the president said. Would you like me to quote the verbatim remark so you could comment on THAT?"

But, the public impression has been set - the media set it up for Kerry and Kerry ran with it, never challanged.

I'm sure the Bush campaign has never used
a partial quote, or taken something out of context
that Kerry has said and used it in a campaign
soundbite or commercial:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mudhen
I'm sure the Bush campaign has never used
a partial quote, or taken something out of context
that Kerry has said and used it in a campaign
soundbite or commercial:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The point remains. Produce the quote where Bush said Iraq IS an imminent threat, or drop the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter