Kenny's golf cart prices

cprofits

Earning My Ears
Has anyone made a new reservation with Kenny since January? I've rented from him before and read through some recent posts to try to get an idea of the cost since we will be renting for a longer period this time. The price I was just quoted on the phone was a lot more than what people have posted they were recently charged in the last few months. I asked her about this thinking I needed to name drop the disboards to get my special discount and she said no, they had recently had a price increase in January. :(

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the increase.

I think ours is around $250 for 7 days. DH just booked ours with him last week for our trip in May.

We had a rate at Thanksgiving 2009 that was almost half the Disney daily rate for a week's rental. It was very close to what OwensMomma quoted.

What was the rate you got? Do you mind sharing it with us and how long you asked for?

Thanks,

Bama ED

PS-the Disney rate is $65/day for a cart with no discount for longer rentals.

I read through some posts here and found people have paid $220 for one week, $300 for 11 days during Thanksgiving and $390 for two weeks.

I was quoted $360 for 11 days. That's $60 more than someone paid for the same amount of time three months ago and also only $30 less than someone paid for a rental that is three days longer.

I was assuming it would be about $300 for 11 days and was surprised it has increased to $360.

I am aware his prices are considerably less than Disney's prices. That's why I continually rent from him.

Make sure any comparisons include taxes, etc. The weekly rate I had with Kenny was averaging about $34 a day (with tax).

Regardless, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Be thankful it's not the Disney rate! :sick:

Bama ED

I would assume whenever anyone posted what they were charged, they posted 'what they were charged.' Why would someone say they paid $200 for x days when they really paid $240 (for example) with taxes? If everyone's earlier posted charges were before taxes, then I feel better about my $360 quote. I'm not questioning my gift horse, I was questioning why my gift horse was giving me a lesser gift.

Why do you feel the need to keep passive-agressively chastising me for my question? First you reminded me how much cheaper it was than Disney and I politely told you I knew that because I've rented from Kenny before. Now you're telling me not to look my gift horse in the mouth and be thankful it's cheaper than Disney's rate. I feel my original post was polite, mature and well within the boundaries of what a post should be. I researched Kenny's quoted prices and mine were well above them. I wanted to discuss it...why don't you want me to discuss it?

I am going to be renting a cart from Kenny for the first time in September, but I cannot find his number anywhere. Can someone please let me know what it is.
Thank you.

(407) 276-0809. Have rented from Kenny 3 times and my parents are renting from him in April, he has been nothing but good to us :goodvibes got to call him about October!

I would assume whenever anyone posted what they were charged, they posted 'what they were charged.' Why would someone say they paid $200 for x days when they really paid $240 (for example) with taxes? If everyone's earlier posted charges were before taxes, then I feel better about my $360 quote. I'm not questioning my gift horse, I was questioning why my gift horse was giving me a lesser gift.

Why do you feel the need to keep passive-agressively chastising me for my question? First you reminded me how much cheaper it was than Disney and I politely told you I knew that because I've rented from Kenny before. Now you're telling me not to look my gift horse in the mouth and be thankful it's cheaper than Disney's rate. I feel my original post was polite, mature and well within the boundaries of what a post should be. I researched Kenny's quoted prices and mine were well above them. I wanted to discuss it...why don't you want me to discuss it?

cprofits,

Your question boils down to something simple.

You didn't give us the rate you were quoted in your OP which is info we needed to help you.

It's a simple decision to make.

1. Don't rent a cart at all
2. Rent a cart from Kenny at the rate quoted to you.
3. Call Kenny to verify the rate that was previously quoted to you
4. If you feel you were discrimintated against then take appropriate action

I suppose there are other options but these sprang to mind first.

Bama ED

If memory serves I think Kenny's carts are all the standard 2-seater models (one seat for driver and passenger facing the front, one bench seat in the back facing the rear).

People ask sometimes if you can squeeze more than 4 people into Kenny's carts and the answer is yes you CAN but I would not advise doing so for safety reasons.

Again if memory serves the other non-Disney renter (run by Steve somebody-or-other) does rent bigger carts than Kenny and also delivers to the Fort but you would have to use the search function on this forum to find his info.

So it's either that or get two from Kenny.

Good luck!

Bama ED

The "Steve Something-0r-other" is Steve Senesi. He is regional sales manager for Golf and Electric Vehicles of Orlando. I have booked 2 carts with him for 8 days in August for a grand total of $479.25 including tax, pickup and delivery. That's $239.63 per cart for 8 days. How does that compare to Kenny's price?

For the 4th time, we had a golf cart from Steve Senesi at Golf and Electric Vehicles (407-947-2013) from the 5th of January until the 5th of February. It was $479.25 for the month including delivery and taxes. He does not require a deposit when you make you reservation, but he does not take credit cards. You must pay with cash or check. He drives the cart to your cabin/site and picks it up the same way. He has 6 person carts, but I don't know how much they are.

So I understand that Kenny does not have a website, does Golf and Electric Vehicles of Orlando? I tried googling it and not sure I found the right one. Or if they do not, does someone have contact info? (never mind..I just saw in the post before mine)

We are making three trips to the Fort this year!

Thanks!

We rented from Ken this past Christmas, it was all class. We ended up talking for awhile and just like all of us, he's not out there for free, but make a living to support his family.

Being out of the golf business I understood where he's coming from, his cost(AKA people who lose battery chargers, tear/destroy drop down flaps on carts, replacing parts here and there because people who rent cart have the rental car mentality with his equipment, it's not their own so they can abuse it.

At the end of the day, Tee Time provides an EXCEPTIONAL value to his customers. If he was to charge $35 this is still almost a 50 % cost savings over WDW.

If you can get a cart before his repeat customers does. You should be happy.

We rented from Ken this past Christmas, it was all class. We ended up talking for awhile and just like all of us, he's not out there for free, but make a living to support his family.

Being out of the golf business I understood where he's coming from, his cost(AKA people who lose battery chargers, tear/destroy drop down flaps on carts, replacing parts here and there because people who rent cart have the rental car mentality with his equipment, it's not their own so they can abuse it.

At the end of the day, Tee Time provides an EXCEPTIONAL value to his customers. If he was to charge $35 this is still almost a 50 % cost savings over WDW.

If you can get a cart before his repeat customers does. You should be happy.

Very nice to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter