• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kennel at Universal: Good or Bad, Please Help

Momejules

Mother of 3 future Disney Fanatics!!
We are travelling to Universal for my daughter's 16th birthday. We have a small dog (under 4lbs). We are taking her with us because she sleeps in bed with my younger daughter at night and I feel she is still too young to be boarded for 4 straight days. I know the prices, hours, etc. My questions are:

Where is the kennel located exactly?

What is the check in/check out procedures? (my daughter read about a dog being given to the wrong owner YEARS ago and now she is freaking out)

Is it close to the parks, so we can go a couple times during the day to walk her?

Is it usually crowded?

Any other opinions or experiences are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience with the kennel but here's the information from the website:

Universal Orlando offers a day time kennel for dogs and cats.

Proof of The following vaccinations are required before boarding your dog or cat:
Dogs: Rabies, Bordetella and D.H.P.P.
Cats: Rabies, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia and Rhinotrachetitis
All of the shots must be listed along with expiration dates.
The kennel fax number is (407) 224-9516

The kennel is for dogs and cats only. No native or exotic species are allowed in the kennels.

The kennel does not take reservations. The kennel is on a first come first served basis and opens at 8:00am. The kennel is locked and unattended two hours after the latest theme park closes, however, dogs and cats can stay at the kennel until 3:00am. After the kennel is locked, you will use a phone that is located outside of the kennel and someone will come by to assist you.

All dogs weighing 39 pounds and more will be boarded in an outside kennel. The outside kennels are completely covered and there are fans. The outside cages are 7' x 4' and made of chain link fencing with a cement floor.

All cats and dogs weighing 38 pounds and less will be boarded in an inside kennel with A/C. The kennels are 3' x 2 1/2' and have solid metal sides, top and bottom with a chain link front.

You may bring food, blankets and toys to make them feel at home. The kennel attendant will supply water and a clean and safe kennel. Guest(s) should plan to return to take their pet for a walk at least once during the day.

The cost is $15.00* per pet / per day. Premier Pass holders will receive 50% off of one pet boarding per pass / per day. Pass holder must be present.

Directions: At the intersection of Universal Blvd and Hollywood way follow the signs for parking. After you go through the toll plaza, follow the signs to the RV and Camper parking lot. Park on the left side and the kennel is on the corner.

Any further questions about the kennel call (407) 224-9509

haven't heard anything negative about them.

from the UO site:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Parking-Information.aspx?Intsrch=dog kennel

Universal Orlando offers a day time kennel for dogs and cats.

Proof of The following vaccinations are required before boarding your dog or cat:
Dogs: Rabies, Bordetella and D.H.P.P.
Cats: Rabies, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia and Rhinotrachetitis
All of the shots must be listed along with expiration dates.
The kennel fax number is (407) 224-9516

The kennel is for dogs and cats only. No native or exotic species are allowed in the kennels.

The kennel does not take reservations. The kennel is on a first come first served basis and opens at 8:00am. The kennel is locked and unattended two hours after the latest theme park closes, however, dogs and cats can stay at the kennel until 3:00am. After the kennel is locked, you will use a phone that is located outside of the kennel and someone will come by to assist you.

All dogs weighing 39 pounds and more will be boarded in an outside kennel. The outside kennels are completely covered and there are fans. The outside cages are 7' x 4' and made of chain link fencing with a cement floor.

All cats and dogs weighing 38 pounds and less will be boarded in an inside kennel with A/C. The kennels are 3' x 2 1/2' and have solid metal sides, top and bottom with a chain link front.

You may bring food, blankets and toys to make them feel at home. The kennel attendant will supply water and a clean and safe kennel. Guest(s) should plan to return to take their pet for a walk at least once during the day.

The cost is $15.00* per pet / per day. Premier Pass holders will receive 50% off of one pet boarding per pass / per day. Pass holder must be present.

Directions: At the intersection of Universal Blvd and Hollywood way follow the signs for parking. After you go through the toll plaza, follow the signs to the RV and Camper parking lot. Park on the left side and the kennel is on the corner.

Any further questions about the kennel call (407) 224-9509

*prices subject to change

if you stay onsite, you can request a pet room and have your pet stay with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter