Kennedy Space Station Visit

AverysMommy

DIS Veteran
I have been thinking of doing a quick tour of the Space Station before our cruise......This is our second cruise so its not imperative to us that we are one of the first people on the ship....especially as the weather might not be great at the end of January so the pool might not be an option.

Has anyone visited the station before? Is it worth the money if we only are there from 9am to 1pm??? What about the lunch with an Astronaut?

they sound cool!

kids are 8 and 11

I have been thinking of doing a quick tour of the Space Station before our cruise......This is our second cruise so its not imperative to us that we are one of the first people on the ship....especially as the weather might not be great at the end of January so the pool might not be an option.

Has anyone visited the station before? Is it worth the money if we only are there from 9am to 1pm??? What about the lunch with an Astronaut?

they sound cool!

kids are 8 and 11

I think your kids are probably the right age for the Space Station. We had stopped there after our cruise with our then smaller kids (1.5, 2.5, 8) and there wasn't a lot for them to do. I was kind of disappointed. But with your kids being older, they may get much more out of it. And I'd say 9-1 is more than enough time to be there. I thought it would be a much larger type museum, but it is kind of small. Two hours, maybe three tops.

I assume you mean the Space CENTER? Getting to the space station involves riding a rocket into orbit.

Honestly, I don't think four hours is enough time to really enjoy the Kennedy Space Center. We were there for six hours and I could have stayed longer. Then again, I am a big fan of manned space exploration and the rest of the family wasn't as into it as I was.

Personally, I wouldn't want to do anything where I felt the need to rush and get things done before another deadline.

We actually did it after the cruise and before our flight home - we got off ship at 8:00 or 8:30 then drove to Kennedy - We didn't have enough time to go on the bus tour, which I'm told is worth it - since you get much more.

We spent probably 2 - 3 hours there - could have spent more - but paranoia set in about security lines at MCO.

Call your congressperson and see if you can get free tickets to it. Each congressperson gets an allocation of them.

Dave

Hi there!

I guess it depends on your kids. We got free tickets last year and our kids were 10 and 5. We went the day before the cruise so we could have taken as much time as we wanted... honestly, the kids were just not into it. We took the bus tour, did a quick loop around the buildings and we were done. Like I said, my kids were just not that into it. Maybe if my son (who was 5) was a bit older...

Personally, this will be our second cruise in Feb. and I am so excited/antsy the day we leave that I don't know how much I would be able to concentrate at something like that!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter