• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kennedy Space Centre

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Anyone been there lately with insight on traffic issues that I should know about that will make the trip from WDW longer than the hour and a half I've been told the drive should take (asking because I went to a ball game in Dunedin last week and the 75 minute drive in the middle of the day took twice as long due to road construction).

Thanks.

We drove to Cocoa Beach from Disney yesterday and did Kennedy today. The drive to Cocoa Beach only took about an hour. Did not see any traffic issues and the Space Center was awesome! Have fun!

You shouldn't have any problems getting to the Space Center. When there were shuttle launches you could have traffic problems but not now.

In the past I've been slowed because of wild fires on the side of the roads. Can't predict that though.

We went there on our 2009 even before the shuttle was scuttled and the drive was easy and very picturesque in places. The space center greatly exceeded my expectations and I highly encourage you to give it a try.

Plan on a whole day as there is a lot there. Took me a bit over an hour from OKW.

You shouldn't have any problems getting to the Space Center. When there were shuttle launches you could have traffic problems but not now.

No kidding! We were invited to watch the last shuttle launch (Atlantis) at the Center; we left hours early for the drive from Orlando and the traffic was unbelievable!

:(

No kidding! We were invited to watch the last shuttle launch (Atlantis) at the Center; we left hours early for the drive from Orlando and the traffic was unbelievable!

:(

I was there for that launch. We left Orlando at 1am. We had no issues with traffic on the way to KSC. DH insisted in being there early to get a prime spot. The trip home was a different story.

I was there for that launch. We left Orlando at 1am. We had no issues with traffic on the way to KSC. DH insisted in being there early to get a prime spot. The trip home was a different story.

We were too naive regarding traffic, but luckily made it to the launch in time! We got to watch from the Vehicle Assembly Building on the Center, so didn't have to worry about getting there early to find a spot. It was an amazing experience! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter