Kennedy Space Center tickets?

MarthaJr.

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if you can still write your congressman for free tickents or has anyone done this recently? My DSIL is planning a trip in April.

I tried back in May last year for our October trip and while the Aid responded, we never ended up getting them. You can always try.

We just got back two weeks ago from Kennedy space center. We got our tickets from our congressman. If you do get the free tickets it is so worth it to buy the 25.00 special up close tour. It was wonderful. These tickets are limited. You get to go inside the vehicle assembly building and other things. The vehicle building hasn't been open to the public since 1979. It was a great tour.

Request the free tickets as far in advance as possible as there are a limited number of free tickets given out. You can always buy admission on the Internet or upon arrival. My husband and I were sorry we only had a day and a half to spend there.

Just wondering how others would handle this response from our local Congressman's office less than 12 hours after my request:

Thank you for your interest in the Kennedy Space Center. Unfortunately we no longer get complimentary tickets so I’m afraid I can’t be of much help. To book a tour you can call the reservation line at 888-838-8915. Sorry about that and I hope you enjoy your trip!

I am not feeling "entitled" or angry and I don't want to push. I also understand if they have tried and are unable to get anymore tickets for our time period. But, since I know that others still are getting help from their Congressmen, this seems to so clearly be a brush-off I can't help but feel a little offended and maybe even lied to.

Do I respond?:confused3

Those folks who have been getting positive responses, do you mind sharing what district/state you are in? TIA!

Just wondering how others would handle this response from our local Congressman's office less than 12 hours after my request:

Thank you for your interest in the Kennedy Space Center. Unfortunately we no longer get complimentary tickets so I’m afraid I can’t be of much help. To book a tour you can call the reservation line at 888-838-8915. Sorry about that and I hope you enjoy your trip!

I am not feeling "entitled" or angry and I don't want to push. I also understand if they have tried and are unable to get anymore tickets for our time period. But, since I know that others still are getting help from their Congressmen, this seems to so clearly be a brush-off I can't help but feel a little offended and maybe even lied to.

Those folks who have been getting positive responses, do you mind sharing what district/state you are in? TIA!
I wouldn't pursue it any further. You asked. Your congress critter said 'no'. Whatever their reason may be, they either cannot or will not get you tickets. If you still want to go to KSC, there are some discounts available for military (active and retired) as well as ticket sellers like Undercovertourist.

When are you going? From what I have read you need to ask for them 6 months ahead. Could it be that they are out because your trip is too soon and they just worded it badly?

If not and they are saying this isn't done at all then I think they may be fibbing a bit. Last year I was able to get launch tickets from my congressman's office. I still have the email contact so on 12/2 (6 months from when I want to go to KSC) I emailed her directly and asked. She wrote me back that she doesn't personally handle that anymore but she forwarded my request on to the person in the office that does. I am still waiting to hear if I am able to get them or not. So as of December 2, 2012 they are still doing it and I haven't been contacted and rejected! I am in Nebraska.

Probably not much you can do except show your displeasure through your vote next time they are up for reelection. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter