Kennedy Space Center - Discount tickets?

skibum

DIS Veteran
We are going to tour the Space Center, and I know there are discount tickets available, but I do not remember where the outlet is with the best price. I am sure some DISer knows. TIA, Vince.

We stopped by KSC on our way home and would not go there again.

It struck me as a place not upgraded since the 60's. I expected to bump into Tony Nelson!

For the expense of the admission price, it definately was not worth it for the price of 6 admission tickets.............

You may want to try posting your question on the DIS Budget Board as well, they have many experts on saving money.

You could also try to contact Shirley at The Perfect Gift, I'm sure she could help you.

Brett

"Waiting to live the dream again"

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey,

We got FREE tickets from our Congressman. He had a blurb about it on his website.

They sent us a letter saying four tickets would be waiting for us to pick up on the day we disembark from the Wonder.

Good luck!

I strongly disagree that it is a waste of time and money. We spent 5 hours there after our cruise and before heading out to start our drive up the east coast, and we could have used another full day. The tour was fascinating, especially seeing the launch pads, the tracks for moving the vehicles, and the Saturn V Center. If you are not interested in the space program, you might be bored. But for our $21 in admission we got to meet a shuttle astronaut (who had flown 7 missions as I recall, and, for Disney freaks, has been a narrator of CP at Epcot), see the memorial to the fallen astronauts, board a full scale model of the Space Shuttle, plus take the tour. The museums were also interesting (according to DW and DSD as I had to get our car fixed and was late in getting back to KSC). The only thing I would do differently was to NOT buy discount tickets. You get a voucher and have to turn it in. Problem is that the way they have things set up there was either one or two lines for turning in vouchers (and people could buy regular tickets in that line, too) while there were about twelve lines to buy tickets. It took me over forty minutes just to turn my vouchers in. I would not have missed KSC, and encourage anyone with an interest in the space program to take the opportunity to visit.

I'm with Doctor P - we found it very interesting and would probably go again. I have 3 boys (jr. high and college age at the time) and they all enjoyed it as well as my DH, DMIL and myself. I purchased our tickets from there website. Would return again given the time.

We also enjoyed our visit. We have 2 teen boys and they would have loved to have stayed another day. We went in October and another storm was on the way. Buildings had been been damaged in previous storms so some buildings were closed. We had lunch with an astronaut and they boys had their picture taken with him. However, the autographed pics we were given were stolen from our luggage on inspection during our air trip home. We will probably go back when we plan our next trip to Florida.

I followed the lead of another poster and emailed my congressman. They are sending us 4 free tickets - awesome!

Just curious, how long did it take for your Congressman's office to send you the tickets? I talked to someone in my Congressman's office in July regarding a November visit. I emailed him again in August. I still haven't seen or heard of any upcoming tix!

coleland said:
It took several months to come to fruition for me, but it was worth it.

Let me get this right, you just request tickets from your congressman and they send them to you? Why? Thanks for any explanation. :confused3

You get what you put into it. Take the "Then and Now" guided tour. It is excellent.

More info about tickets from congressmen would be great. What states are you from--those of you who've gotten tickets? Also what did you email to them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter