• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

kelscross' journey (comments welcome)

Weekends are the worst...especially at the beginning of a diet...and going out to eat is absolutely the enemy. Why does all the bad food taste so good? As I told Michelle, since it looks like she had a bad weekend too, that just putting it in this journal really helps. It doesn't mean that your "diet" is over or ruined. You are doing so great...and to be selfish...if it wasn't for you, Michelle, Tasha and others on these boards...I don't know if I could have continued. Just knowing that there is such a great support group here makes me want to get my act together and start a new day. You need to put the weekend behind you, and continue on with the great job you are doing.

I hope you have a good Monday! Keep that positive outlook! And if you fall along the way...just post it...we're all here for you!

Gail

Thanks guys for the pick me up! I was feeling mighty low on Sunday night.

Now on to today. I did okay on the eating. I still need to work on the water intake, though.

I was still down this morning and tried to talk myself out of exercising...then I went to class.

I did terrible on a quiz that I should have aced. I was so sick to my stomach about my poor performance that I didn't even want to eat. I had to get rid of my frustrations with myself both with the crappy weekend I had and the poor performance in class today. So I jumped on the treadmill and did some serious speed walking for 30 mins. I didn't check the mileage. I studied for my class while I was walking. Picture that! Ha! It wasn't an easy task, but when I got done I felt so relaxed and no longer frustrated. I don't know if it was the exercising or the studying...maybe both. Maybe I've started a new trend here, study while exercising. Instead of listening to music while on the treadmill I can listen to my pharmacology notes being read to me!

Okay I'm a little burned out, my mind is mush.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be okay.

Holy moly! Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant ever! I definitely would have pigged out there like I always do! In the face of all that temptation I can't say that I would have survived either.

Is there any way to get out of the eating out so much tradition or perhaps they might be willing to go places where it's a bit easier to make good choices? Do you guys have any Sweet Tomatoes restaurants near you? Lots of good, healthy choices there. Also maybe somewhere like Panera bread where you can get half a sandwich/salad combo or some other healthier options? Eating out 3 times in one weekend is enough to kill the most dedicated person. :faint:

I'm sorry you didn't do well on your test but it sounds like you kicked some treadmill butt! Sounds like studying and walking at the same time is a great plan! LOL

I hope things go better for you this week and hopefully all of us that had rough weekends will begin taking control of them and really get into that groove of losing this weight.

We're all going to slip up from time to time but we don't have to set ourselves up for failure. Let's learn from our mistakes and go forward. We really can do this! ::yes::

I know where you're coming from. Weekends are the hardest for me because we eat out a lot on the weekends. Olive Garden is especially hard because although I love their salad, I also love their breadsticks.

Here's to a great rest of the week!!:sunny:

Ooh, Rae Ann! I had forgotten about the breadsticks! I love those too! :love: Now I am REALLY glad that the closest Olive Garden to us is in another state...for now. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Kels, sorry about your test. Since I was once a nursing student, I know how you felt. Nursing is by far not an easy major. I was a straight A student until I took on Nursing. I was happy to maintain a B and that was hard! I will never forget how I felt on the first big test I failed. I wanted to cry. I didn't but a few of my friends cried when they failed a test too. You are lucky that it was just a quiz. And I think it is a good idea to study while exercising. That way you will have more time to do other things. It sounds like you relieved your stress in a positive way...instead of eating (which I have definitely been known to do) you exercised. Good for you! You can claim your 5 sunnies today! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I tried to talk myself into a shortened workout yesterday...and I did...but when I pushed the button to start my dvd of WATP...I subconsciously hit the 3 mile...and did it!! I felt so much better afterward. Maybe you've found a trick to get yourself motivated to exercise by studying at the same time. Way to go!!! I hope your not bummed anymore...you're doing great!!

Gail

Today was a good day. I walked on the treadmill for 30 mins. and I stayed on plan for eating. Got a little more water in today around 32 oz.

I forgot to mention that I have also been going on a bike ride in the evening when I get off work. Since the girls are too little (they can ride bikes just not very fast) my grandmother and I take turns. She goes around the neighborhood and then I go. Boy my butt hurts from the seat!! So I got an extra workout for my legs today trying to keep my butt off the seat! :p

I feel good, I feel strong. I hope I can keep the motivation up!

:rolleyes: Ah...those dreaded bike seats! Unbelievable at how bad your butt hurts...Good idea trying to avoid the seat...takes good coordination and will power because I would want to be lazy and sit down. My cousin has one of those spinning bikes...and it has that hard uncomfortable seat. I guess that's why they make the bike shorts with the padding. Getting those 30 minutes in early is great. Even better staying OP with eating. The water will come with time. I usually down a 16 oz cup first thing when I get up, then I know I only need to drink 3 more of those to get my 64 in.

Have a wonderful day :jester:

Sounds like you are doing really well w/the exercise. Way to go! I love the treadmill. Before I gained all of this weight, I used to do A LOT of aerobics. I still like that too, but have really started to get addicted to my treadmill this time around. I think walking is definitely one of the best forms of exercise.
As far as the water, it will come w/time. Keep it up...sounds like you are getting more in each day. I started drinking nothing but water several years ago. The only time I drink soda is when we go out to eat and they don't have bottled water or lemonade. I really despise sodas now. They seem way too sweet to me and after I finish one I am literally thirsty, which defeats the purpose. :p We have nothing but water in our house. I probably drink 100+ oz. a day. So, trust me, after drinking water for a while, you should have no problem getting all of it in. Keep up the good work.

Woo Hoo! Way to go Kels! Right back on track, that's the way to do it! Sounds like you are kicking butt with the exercise and working your way up on the water. Keep up the good work! :) If you check at Wal-Mart or somewhere like that in the sporting goods dept. you may be able to find an inexpensive bike seat that is bigger and more comfy. You would think they would make something you're supposed to sit on comfortable! Of course, maybe if I had a little butt they would be.... :eek: LOL

Thanks guys! We need to get together and design a bike seat that doesn't kill your behind. Who says big girls don't like to ride bikes!! Ha!

Speaking of which, my older DD is about to turn 4. Well I bought her a bike this spring because she needed a bigger one. She wrecked on it once and wouldn't get back on unless she had a helmet and pads. My grandma bought her the helmet and pads (disney princess of course) yesterday as an early birthday present. She got on that bike and rode like the wind!! Of course I had to ride with her around the block. Not once, not twice, but FIVE times :earseek: The last go around she was saying "Mommy my legs hurt!" Ha! I thought I was gonna die when I first got on it due to my sore bum from riding it all week. But you have to grin and bear it when it comes to your kids. Now my younger DD just started riding a bike (she's 2) she got a helmet and pads as well from my grandma. She tried to ride with us but when she got a few houses down she decided it was too far and turned back around with my grandma.

I did okay with eating except we had pizza tonight. I guess it is a balanced meal if you don't eat a million pieces. I only had two and the top crust of one of my girls' That is a milestone for me because I usually can polish off four pieces easily.

I lost track of the water intake today. But I think I did okay. We drank like fish after our bike ride.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone!

Sounds like you are still doing pretty good. I think eating only 2 pieces of pizza is real progress. It also sounds like you are really enjoying your time w/your girls. They will remember that years down the road.

Kels, you did great! Only two pieces of pizza shows some amazing will power. Everything in moderation, which is exactly what you did.

Riding that bike is gonna shape you up in no time! I think that playing with children is the best exercise ever! It's rewarding on so many different levels. ::yes::

Good job! :)

Way to go on 2 pieces of pizza!! I love pizza...it's really my downfall. 5 times around...not only will your butt be sore...but your legs too! Keep it up!!!

Gail

Not much to report today. Same ole same ole. I did really well on eating I think. I didn't snack at all between meals. We had leftover pizza at my grandmas and I stuck to two pieces only. I ate lunch at work and it wasn't too bad. Sausage and saurkraut (just about the only cooked vegetable other than potatos that I like!) and fruit jello. I don't think that's too awful bad.

Tomorrow morning is the big weigh in. I have to admit that I took a peek tonight and I don't think I'm going to be pleased. I'm going to be so embarrassed if I have to post a gain on the Labor Day challenge thread. But if I do gain I will post it to be honest to myself. I know I had a bad weekend, but I felt like I was really making up for it. My measurements aren't that hot either. I will officially post them tomorrow. I usually weigh and measure myself in the morning (every ounce counts)

Wish me luck!

Have a good day everyone. I am challenging myself to drink water, water, water tomorrow!!!

Well, Kels, it looks like you and I have the same weigh-in day. I will also be doing my weigh in and measurements. Don't feel bad if you did gain anything. Just post it and be honest b/c that will help you stay on track. Besides, no one here would ever make you feel terrible for gaining weight. We all have been there and know how it feels. We'll be here for support. But I am wishing you lots of luck. Maybe weight loss didn't show up today but will tomorrow. You never know!

Kels, I'm sending :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: your way hoping for a good weigh in! I totally understand not wanting to post a gain, especially on a challenge thread. I know I feel like such a failure but we only fail if we let it get us so down that we give up. If we keep going there is no way we can fail! If you do have a gain look back over the last week and see where you could have done better and then next week do it! As hard as it is we also have to keep in mind there are so many reasons we might have a gain that doesn't even have anything to do with how well we did that week. Sometimes it's muscle, sometimes it's that dreaded bloat fairy! Whatever happens just try not to let it get you down. We're still going to love you and support you! Here's hoping for some good news when you post again. :hug:

Good Luck with your weigh in and your water in take.

Don't be embarrased! We're all here for the same reason...the road is not easy. As Michelle said...take a look back at where you think you had a problem. It could be muscle! Just don't get discouraged!! You can do this! It doesn't happen overnight.

Just try to increase that water!! It really does help ::yes::

Stay positive...we are here for you:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter