Kelli & Dave's Memories Wedding & Honeymoon - April 2012

rosworms

Mouseketeer
So... I might as well start a planning journal since I have notebooks and notebooks at home with all sorts of stuff written down.

We are planning on having a Memories wedding in April 2012... no specific day in April until we are able to book (six months out) and know what is available.

So far...

-I have picked out my dress (Alfred Angelo's Belle dress).

-I have created a cost estimate for the whole trip.

-I have asked a friend to consider becoming ordained because I don't want to pay a total stranger to marry us.

-I have decided I want to have a celebration after the ceremony that my family and friends can come to if they join us in Florida.

-I have created cost estimates for my family based on the number of people they want in each room and how long each of them wants to stay.

And that is it....

My estimated cost includes.... 9 day hotel stay in WDW, 5 day parkhoppers for two, 2 day/2 park Universal Studios tix, 1 wedding (LOL), airfare, and food during our stay.

If we stayed at a deluxe hotel, our cost would be $9700.
If we stayed at a moderate, our cost would be $7400.
If we stayed at a value, our cost would be $6700.

This is a little rounded up (better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it) so if our cost is less... yay, extra money.

I have figured that if I am really good and save as much as possible from each and every paycheck from now until March 30, 2012... I will still only have $6500. But then if I keep $2000 of tax return money, I have the money to stay at a moderate and still have $1100 for souvenirs.

I know I won't always be really good with every paycheck, so I will probably have less than I want and will have to use the whole of both our tax returns... at the very worst, get a small loan (I know... bad Kelli. Loans are bad!). But... on the plus side, my VERY LAST car payment is in March of 2012... so even if I have to get a little loan, it will just take the place of a bill I got rid of and will be no worse off than before.

That is all for now. I am kind of in limbo since I can't book anything yet. All I can do is plan- wait... it's called a planning journal. Well, I can plan. And dream. It's all blue sky for now.

Welcome and congrats!!! I LOVE the Belle dress! Great choice!
Can't wait to hear all of your plans :goodvibes

congratulations!

Great choice of dress. The Belle dress is stunning and will fit in perfectly in a disney wedding. :goodvibes

happy planning xx

You sound lovely and Organised! :)

Looking forward to reading along! :) We are hoping to get married sometime May 2012! :) No date nailed down yet!

XXXX

oh wow! i gots comments! Thanks!
My DF is the one who swayed me towards picking the Belle dress. I was stuck between Snow White and Belle.

So.... speaking of the Belle dress....
belle-princess-disney-gown.jpg
87cbe80c-7369-4b56-a6d1-4dc2e8382d2d.enlargedNormal.jpg

I have been trying to figure out how to accessorize it.
I need to match the dress and also myself.
76745_663952937822_199100394_36911889_5108402_n.jpg

I'm the really short one. The reeeeeallly short one....

So anyways... I think I need something really bright for the hair (since it's dark) and really dark for my skin (jewelry) since I glow in the dark and people have a hard time finding me in January here in MN because I blend in too well in the snow...

So I thought maybe this tiara....
marytiara152b.jpg

I am quite clueless about jewelry. The dress has hints of gold in the detailing. Could I get away with using the jewelry as an opportunity to show off my 'something blue'? Or would it look stupid?

this is pretty...
il_570xN.202334742.jpg

but so is this.... beautiful actually. actually... my favorite part is that it is a little reminiscent of lurkyloo's big ol' necklace without being a total copycat.
I have such a wedding crush on lurkyloo's wedding... :lovestruc
il_570xN.226981999.jpg

Anyone got opinions? I am really bad at fashion and getting the whole matchy-matchy thing to work.

OH! Also... I am not planning on wearing earrings at all, so I'm not worried about finding some to match whatever else I choose.

I just figured out that, since there are annual passes included in an Escape package... it would only really add $2000 onto our total cost.

Unfortunately, my DF already has a muscle under his eye that twitches whenever I talk about the cost of our wedding/honeymoon since we are really scraping and saving for the Memories wedding already. So... right now I will stick with planning a Memories wedding. And if... in October our funds are doing really well, I will bring the idea up to him.

I just had to say it to someone... the random open internet seemed like a good place. Hehe.

Shoes....
Alright, I spent all of middle school and high school in show choir. So... I am pretty comfortable in show choir shoes. The heel height looks good but is low enough that I can walk around and be comfy and not break my ankles (heck, i used to dance and jump on risers).

So I've been thinking of these in white. Is that too plain? I mean... I'm wearing a big ol' ballgown wedding dress, so who's really gonna see them that much anyway?
midheel.jpg

this is my idea for colors and stuff. and after going back and forth over one necklace or the other... i ended up ordering this one instead when someone sent me a link.
babwedding.jpg

OR

babwedding2.jpg

i currently own the alfred angelo belle dress and am selling it on ebay for 670 at this time. if interested please search on ebay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter