Keith Urban and Garth Brooks anti Canadian?

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
I received this by email this morning. Can someone confirm if this is true?
I did edit some of it as I have no intention of insulting our American friends. I just edited for facts only.

Keith Urban asked all Canadians to stand up at the Minot (N.D.) Fair. After the Canadians stood up, he asked them all to leave the stands before he would sing because they were not helping out fighting with USA troops.

Also, Garth Brooks donated 1 million dollars to keep Canadian cattle out of the USA.

Not true at all.

Check Snopes out when you receive these types of emails, it's amazing how many are a hoax.

That one about hating Canadians has been around for awhile with everyone from Keith Urban to Toby Keith.
It's not true. And the poster below me is right, Snopes is usually a very reliable source!
:)

He was born in New Zealand. He'll be touring Canada, so I don't think he hates us that much.

I received this by email this morning. Can someone confirm if this is true?
I did edit some of it as I have no intention of insulting our American friends. I just edited for facts only.

Keith Urban asked all Canadians to stand up at the Minot (N.D.) Fair. After the Canadians stood up, he asked them all to leave the stands before he would sing because they were not helping out fighting with USA troops.

Also, Garth Brooks donated 1 million dollars to keep Canadian cattle out of the USA.

Edited for facts?:rotfl2:

He was born in New Zealand. He'll be touring Canada, so I don't think he hates us that much.

He just cancelled his Canadian tour. I work in country radio and we got the press release last week. Too bad! There will be a lot of disappointed fans I'm sure!

:confused3

He just cancelled his Canadian tour. I work in country radio and we got the press release last week. Too bad! There will be a lot of disappointed fans I'm sure!

Really I just seen his site and they've added a second Edmonton show in the fall.:confused:

According to the Keith Urban website his World Tour (including Canada) is still going ahead as scheduled.

Then why is ticketmaster still selling tickets?

Not true at all.

Check Snopes out when you receive these types of emails, it's amazing how many are a hoax.

I get a lot of "warning" and "beware" type e-mails from well meaning friends and I always refer them to Snopes.

My mistake! He's still got the west coast of his tour. At this point, it's Ontario dates that have been cancelled. However at this point that could change.
Hope that helps! I'm not a big KU fan personally. I don't understand why all country singers, whether they come from Alberta or New Zealand all sing with a Nashville accent. I just don't get it.

According to the Keith Urban website his World Tour (including Canada) is still going ahead as scheduled.

Honestly who really cares... and for the five people who do......"golf claps" :lmao:

Not exactly sure what you mean by your statement, seems to me Keith as enough fans to ensure a better living than most.

SherylR said:
My mistake! He's still got the west coast of his tour. At this point, it's Ontario dates that have been cancelled. However at this point that could change.
Hope that helps! I'm not a big KU fan personally. I don't understand why all country singers, whether they come from Alberta or New Zealand all sing with a Nashville accent. I just don't get it.
I am not a country fan at all, but living here in Alberta I don't hear a Nashville accent in all the music my DW or DD listen to.

Not exactly sure what you mean by your statement, seems to me Keith as enough fans to ensure a better living than most.

I am not a country fan at all, but living here in Alberta I don't hear a Nashville accent in all the music my DW or DD listen to.

Have you listened to Terri Clark at all? She's got a lot of twang! She's not bad, I'm just sayin'....George Canyon too... major accent....

Just remember that KD, Shania, Anne, to name a few, all have their roots in country and they don't have nashville accents. Yes there are some that when recording, record for the market and will have an accent in their singing - just the same way that many when recording main stream lose their accent. American Woman - eh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter