Keeping up with Disney gift cards from Target

I take a picture of all my important cards with my phone. Gift cards, health insurance cards, etc. This way I always have the important numbers with me.

Can you also use visa gift cards on board or just disney? I get 5% pharmacy rewards and was thinking it would be practical to get discounted visa cards but I always see everyone talking about Disney cards

Can you also use visa gift cards on board or just disney? I get 5% pharmacy rewards and was thinking it would be practical to get discounted visa cards but I always see everyone talking about Disney cards

Are you sure it is a deal to get a visa gift card? Sometimes there is a fee to get it or reload it, and it may not qualify as merchandize with the 5% red
card/pharm. discounts.

Just check before you buy.

Nancy

Are you sure it is a deal to get a visa gift card? Sometimes there is a fee to get it or reload it, and it may not qualify as merchandize with the 5% red
card/pharm. discounts.

Just check before you buy.

Nancy

the Visa Gift Cards and Target GiftCards do NOT get discount. Sorry :guilty:

You also can use your extra 5% shopping day on Disney Gift cards, so not quite 10% off...we keep our vacation fund ready to get gift cards after every 5th prescription! :)

Hope this isn't straying too far off topic, but one of our local grocery chains recently ran a special for buying 2 giftcards they give you a printed coupon at the checkout for $10 off your next grocery purchase. I have been meaning to check if they have Disney. If they do, and it was 2 x $25 in giftcards, that would be 20% off.

Hope this isn't straying too far off topic, but one of our local grocery chains recently ran a special for buying 2 giftcards they give you a printed coupon at the checkout for $10 off your next grocery purchase. I have been meaning to check if they have Disney. If they do, and it was 2 x $25 in giftcards, that would be 20% off.

That's a sweet deal

We just returned from disney cruise and each of my kids had $100.00 in disney gift cards to use from their grandmother sure enough we lost one ($50).

Where where???

Nancy

We sail in a couple of weeks and I've been racking up the gift cards from Target. However the closer we get to leaving, the more nervous I'm becoming about losing them especially en route to Florida. I will definitely keep them with me in my carry-on, but it gets hectic with trying to take things out of it going through airport security. I'm just paranoid they're going to get lost and I'm going to be out a ton of money. I had thought about not storing them together b/c then if I lose some, I won't lose all. But then I would have to constantly check a bunch of places to make sure they were there instead of just one place. Please share any tips you have about how to keep the gift cards safe while traveling!!! Thanks!

I keep gift cards in the same place I keep credit cards, ID, and cash. I just treat them like any other kind of "money". Why are you specifically worried about the gift cards?

I called and applied as many cards as I knew we were going to use for sure on the trip. Also have them all numbered and entered into the Disney gift card tracking app. I suppose if you do that, you don't even need to bring the cards with you, just keep them so if there is any extra put back on a card you have it when you get home. We are still bringing more cards that haven't been applied, but that made a bunch we could leave at home.

Can you please tell me more about the Disney gift card app.? I called my travel agent (Costco) last night and had all my gift cards applied to my Disney onboard account. They told me I would need to bring all the cards along with me on the cruise. Just in case. Just in case what? I also had (Costco) send me a confirmation letter stating that I applied all these gift cards to my account so I would have confirmation that Disney actually has all these gift cards on record. I have approx. 40 gift cards. Do I really need to bring all of them? Would using this Disney gift card tracking app. apply in my situation?

Can you please tell me more about the Disney gift card app.? I called my travel agent (Costco) last night and had all my gift cards applied to my Disney onboard account. They told me I would need to bring all the cards along with me on the cruise. Just in case. Just in case what? I also had (Costco) send me a confirmation letter stating that I applied all these gift cards to my account so I would have confirmation that Disney actually has all these gift cards on record. I have approx. 40 gift cards. Do I really need to bring all of them? Would using this Disney gift card tracking app. apply in my situation?

Just in case you have any credit left over at the end of the cruise :lmao:. It must be refunded to the same source that paid it.

I keep gift cards in the same place I keep credit cards, ID, and cash. I just treat them like any other kind of "money". Why are you specifically worried about the gift cards?

I know the back of the gift card says they can be replaced if you have the receipt and the entire card number, but I honestly don't want to take a chance on finding out how good that policy is. What if someone found my gift cards on the plane, and went to the Disney store at MCO?:confused3 I guess I treat gift cards more like cash, and I never, ever carry that much cash on me at one time. Add in all the extra stuff to keep up with like my DS, carry on stuff, DH:-)rotfl:) and it just scares me that I'm going to lose them amidst all the confusion. If I lose a credit card, I just call and cancel it. And I do keep my passport and ID separate in case I lose one or the other. I just haven't figured out a good way to manage a big stack of gift cards (Target only sells in $50 increments) while traveling, and was hoping others would share how they keep up with them.

Just in case you have any credit left over at the end of the cruise :lmao:. It must be refunded to the same source that paid it.

When you say it needs to be refunded back to the same source that paid for it, would not 1 or 2 gift cards suffice? Disney has all the original gift card numbers, so if I have $100.00 left over after the cruise ; wouldn't I only need 2 of the 50.00 gift cards I used ? It cant make sense to bring 40 gift cards. I don't expect there to be ANY left over charges at all, but if there were; 2-3 gift cards ($100-$150.00) would be enough, right? please tell me if I am wrong, I am going on my 2ND cruise ever, so I have no idea what the right thing to do is. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

I know the back of the gift card says they can be replaced if you have the receipt and the entire card number, but I honestly don't want to take a chance on finding out how good that policy is. What if someone found my gift cards on the plane, and went to the Disney store at MCO?:confused3 I guess I treat gift cards more like cash, and I never, ever carry that much cash on me at one time. Add in all the extra stuff to keep up with like my DS, carry on stuff, DH:-)rotfl:) and it just scares me that I'm going to lose them amidst all the confusion. If I lose a credit card, I just call and cancel it. And I do keep my passport and ID separate in case I lose one or the other. I just haven't figured out a good way to manage a big stack of gift cards (Target only sells in $50 increments) while traveling, and was hoping others would share how they keep up with them.

We carry cash. So I'm used to carrying on vacation. I didn't realize how many cards people were carrying though! I didn't grasp the problem of the size of a stack, lol. So if you had $1500 in gift cards, is the $75 savings worth the worry about losing them and carrying them?

When you say it needs to be refunded back to the same source that paid for it, would not 1 or 2 gift cards suffice? Disney has all the original gift card numbers, so if I have $100.00 left over after the cruise ; wouldn't I only need 2 of the 50.00 gift cards I used ? It cant make sense to bring 40 gift cards. I don't expect there to be ANY left over charges at all, but if there were; 2-3 gift cards ($100-$150.00) would be enough, right? please tell me if It am wrong, I am going on my 2ND cruise ever, so I have no idea what the right thing to do is. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

You don't need to have the cards with you. They will refund to as many cards as they need to, but it is all electronic so you don't need to show up at GS with the cards. You can leave them all at home and just check them when you get back to see if there is anything left on them.

I waited a few weeks, then checked them and tossed them as I check them (no refunds :()

If you have a lot, have your TA put most of them on for you pre-trip and leave those cards at home. Take just a few with you.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter