Keeping Track of Pressed Pennies

MamaCrush

DIS Veteran
We leave Sunday for our next trip, and I'm wondering what is the easiest way to keep track of the pressed penny designs you already have??? We have just started this collection on our last trip, and I'm not sure the best way to avoid duplicates. I think there's a checklist on line somewhere, but I'm not sure. Any hints or suggestions???

I'm not sure about a checklist but I'm pretty sure there is Pressed Penny book you can buy at the parks or at your resort. We have never done the pennies but I think it is something my DD4 may like to do this time, i'll be lurking to see what others say!!!

We went in 2008 and I got ours from penny collector. It's a pretty comprehensive list and I just printed off where I knew we would go (i.e.: hotels & parks) as they are listed individually. I knew we wouldn't get to the All Star or POP resorts or the waterparks so I didn't print those, but as we found the machines I crossed it off our list. I also let my daughter look at it ahead of time to see the ones she wanted the most. That way it saved time in the parks. I carried a backpack when we were at the parks to keep autograph and penny press books, camera and iteneraries/reservation numbers in and just added that days sheet to the bag. I would swap it out when getting ready for dinner if at a different location and every night we would cross the ones we got off the list.

You can get penny press and autograph books at any shop on property.

The lists aren't perfect and some were moved or replaced with different machines, but you still get a good idea. All the employees at each of the stores know where they are in their shop so that's a good resource too.

Happy pressing!

We went in 2008 and I got ours from penny collector. It's a pretty comprehensive list and I just printed off where I knew we would go (i.e.: hotels & parks) as they are listed individually. I knew we wouldn't get to the All Star or POP resorts or the waterparks so I didn't print those, but as we found the machines I crossed it off our list. I also let my daughter look at it ahead of time to see the ones she wanted the most. That way it saved time in the parks. I carried a backpack when we were at the parks to keep autograph and penny press books, camera and iteneraries/reservation numbers in and just added that days sheet to the bag. I would swap it out when getting ready for dinner if at a different location and every night we would cross the ones we got off the list.

You can get penny press and autograph books at any shop on property.

The lists aren't perfect and some were moved or replaced with different machines, but you still get a good idea. All the employees at each of the stores know where they are in their shop so that's a good resource too.

Happy pressing!

Thanks, guys. I have the pressed penny books... But they're heavy to lug around for two kids! :laughing: The paper list seems the way to go. I just don't want to get back to the room and discover we have two of the same penny.

Oh, I forgot. It costs 51 cents for each penny and they have quarter ones too (75 cents). A M&M mini tube holds the coins perfectly and we just refilled at night if we needed to. We didn't do the quarter ones so we'd put 2 quarters and a penny then stack the next 2 quarters and a penny on top until it was filled up. That way we didn't have to dig around a plastic bag or jingle around the park!

Hi there....from the WDW Moms Panel.....For some tips on how to get the best quality prints on your pressed pennies and the location of the penny machines in Walt Disney World, click on this link to allears.net. Once at the site, click on the BEYOND THE PARKS link at the top of the page. On the left hand side of the screen you'll see "Pressed Penny & Quarter Guide" located under "Other Fun Things". You can also request a pressed penny location list at Guest Relations in each of the parks.
Hope this helps.

I have never even thought of trying to collect the pressed pennies but now maybe it seems like it could be worth a shot with the tips you all mentioned.
Thanks so much

The site presscoins.com has an up to date site as of Feb. 2010. Allears is not up to date. Also, there is now the first DIME machine in tomorrow land. Hope that helps everyone.

I'm dreading the thought of printing out a more updated penny press location list. But it must be done to get the most current info.

Then I've got to take the old list and mark everything on the new one.

We've been collecting pennies for YEARS so that's going to be a nice long job. :rotfl:

And for those who don't know - the China and Japan penny machines are in the Epcot International Gateway gift shop.

If you can wait until you get to the World, each park has a list that they will give you from Guest Services. We got one at each park last year so hubby could find the ones he didn't have yet.

They say what they are and where they are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter