Keeping Backpack safe while on rides

cmadrid3878

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip to Disney World and I'm a little concerned about leaving my backpack in the stroller while we are on a ride. I'm assuming you can't take it on the ride with you.
Does anyone have any tips for this? Not sure what to do.

You can take your backpack onto the rides with you! Loop it over a leg or shove an arm through it.

Yep! One little tip: on the "tighter" rides (mainly roller coasters), I'd put one foot in, set the backpack down, then put my other foot in and sit down. When I carried a fully stuffed diaper/camera backpack, it was sometimes hard to shove it to the floor after I was sitting, especially if there was any kind of lap bar. Last trip, I just used a small string backpack. That actually made me more nervous, because it wasn't wedged in as tightly! :rotfl2:

I take mine on with as well. This is the first time we are taking a stroller and I hope the stroller bag will be fine....

i would not advise leaving valuables in the stroller.

you are assume incorrectly.
you can take bags on pretty much everything.
on mild rides you can hold them on your lap, put them on the seat next to you, or put them on the floor.
on some thrill rides there are compartments although if the backpack is large it may not fit in which case you'd want to put it on the floor and put your leg through one of the straps.
(the exception would be soarin in which case you'd put it off to the side)
on other thrill rides there are no compartments like on tower of terror in which case you would again put your leg through one of the straps.

i take my bag on every ride with me and i have never had an issue.

Like everyone said - take it with you.

That said, I don't stuff my backpack and have another bag I'd leave with the stroller of things that I don't care if they get lost/stolen (extra clothes, diapers and wipes, snacks - though well packaged and sealed because squirrels can be major thieves, etc). That way, the bag I take on rides is lighter.

Soarin has a compartment under your seat for items, and it is quite large!

You can bring your bag on every ride, like someone said they do have compartments on the rollercoasters but a full size backpack will be too big. You could still put it by your feet though, I can't think of any ride where it wouldn't be safe by your feet. The milder rides you can put it on your lap or next to you

I agree with everyone...do not leave anything in your stroller that you would not want stolen...it happens ALOT unfortunately. I left a full bottle of water under our stroller last month came off Spaceship Earth and the water was gone. Not going to do that again:) Thank goodness I always take everything else with me. And I never take the "good" stroller, always the umbrella stroller.

We left a cheap diaper bag in our stroller (nothing Valuable) and I carried a flat cross body purse with me. The flat purse easily fit with me on rides.

I will be leaving a bag in the stroller with nonvaluables, but still things I'd prefer NOT get stolen. (diapers, etc.) I'm going to attach the bag to the stroller with a caribiner somewhere non-obvious hopefully. It's a rental stroller, so we'll see if that works out, but that's my plan. So if someone were walking by and thought they'd just swipe my bag, they'd have a bit of a tougher time than they were anticipating. (I realize they could just take the whole stroller.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter