Keepers? Need help with ADRs.

mjpeter

Mouseketeer
My son (11) and I are meeting my MIL in Florida this January for 10 days of Disney/Universal. I've made a bunch of ADRs and I'm looking to trim them a bit. Which would be your keepers? What would you take out? BTW, we are staying off property at her condo and will have a vehicle. She has an annual pass, so parking won't be an issue.

Day 1...Chef Mickey's Breakfast...never been, and my son wanted to do one character meal that isn't too girly, lol

Day 1...Raglan Road Dinner...mainly for the grown ups.

Day 2...Beaches and Cream....for lunch and ice cream

Day 2...Coral Reef Dinner

Day 3...Sci-Fi Diner for Lunch...my son thinks this looks like fun

Day 3...Hollywood Brown Derby...Mainly for grownups

Day 4...Yak & Yeti Lunch....We enjoyed this last time

Day 5...'Ohana Breakfast...Enjoyed this last time

Day 5...Le Cellier Steakhouse for Dinner

Day 6...Dinner...Artist Point (Won't drop this one)

We're hoping to find a BOG reservation, but are out of luck so far. Also, my son is 11, but can be a light eater. Can we order off the kid's menu or does he need to do an adult meal? We are not on a dining plan.

We have 3 days in Universal and a couple of days where we will take off or just do a 1/2 day.

Thanks!

FWIW- below are my opinions...you have some great choices so hard decisions to make!

Day 1...Chef Mickey's Breakfast...never been, and my son wanted to do one character meal that isn't too girly, lol
Keep- your son will enjoy it.
Skip- I love it...but you have other options I would rank higher

Skip. Not worth leaving a park for...

Keep! I think this one is fun visually and I love the Mahi dish...

If your son is dying to try it then keep, but I would skip it because the food is just ok...but the experience is neat so may be worth a one time visit

Keep!

Keep!
No opinion- never ate been but seems to be a love/ hate relationship on the boards

Keep! Poutine- yum....

I would drop Coral Reef, I wasn't impressed with the food here. I love the Brown Derby however so try to keep this. Maybe just do ice cream at Beaches and Cream to save some money.

My son (11) and I are meeting my MIL in Florida this January for 10 days of Disney/Universal. I've made a bunch of ADRs and I'm looking to trim them a bit. Which would be your keepers? What would you take out? BTW, we are staying off property at her condo and will have a vehicle. She has an annual pass, so parking won't be an issue.

I would skip this on I am thinking you will be at Epcot? lots of great CS choices

THB is my favorite but with Sci-you might not be hungry,

We're hoping to find a BOG reservation, but are out of luck so far. Also, my son is 11, but can be a light eater. Can we order off the kid's menu or does he need to do an adult meal? We are not on a dining plan.

We have 3 days in Universal and a couple of days where we will take off or just do a 1/2 day.

Thanks!

These are my thoughts

What are some of the better counter service options at Epcot?

Hollywood Studios?

What are some of the better counter service options at Epcot?

Hollywood Studios?

Sunshine Seasons in the Land is good. All around the World Showcase there are lots of choices and you can share and/or have what each person likes. Check out the menus at www.allearsnet.com

Kae

Not worth leaving the park, if you are in a park that day, IMO. If you are at Epcot, there are numerous good CS possibilities there.

Again, JMHO, but this is our least favourite place in all of WDW. I'd recommend choosing ANY other TS restaurant in Epcot. Biergarten is entertaining and has a good buffet (just one option).

Just OK which really isn't what you want out of a signature restaurant, or for signature prices. Keep it if you will be in Epcot for the evening. But consider the Yachtsman at the Yacht Club as a better steak place.

My 2¢ in red, above. Your son can order from the kids menu at any of these places. Except CMs of course.

My 2¢ in red, above. Your son can order from the kids menu at any of these places. Except CMs of course.

The Yachtsman looks really good...didn't know much about that one before.

Lots of different opinions about Coral Reef! I just picked it because the menu looked okay and my son likes fish. :) I'll have to take a closer look at reviews.

Thanks, everyone!!

Thanks!

We have never eaten at Brown Derby or Coral Reef, so no thoughts but heard good things from friends on both. Sci Fi is only one I would skip.

The Yachtsman looks really good...didn't know much about that one before.

Lots of different opinions about Coral Reef! I just picked it because the menu looked okay and my son likes fish. :) I'll have to take a closer look at reviews.

Thanks, everyone!!

Get him Fish and chips in Epcot. We like Coral Reef but I have to say the Fish & Chips are better fish than what I have had at Coral Reef.

Kae

Oh wow, such a great list! Hard to know what to recommend cutting.

You said you wanted one character meal and you have 2 on your list. Ohana food is much better than Chef Mickey, IMO and neither are too "girly". So of those two, I'd cut CM.

I agree with everyone on Beaches & Cream. If you're already in a park, I would pick another restaurant in the park. If it's Epcot, lots of great choices. La Cantina at Mexico is one of our faves.

Coral Reef was one of our best meals and experiences on our last trip. I would definitely keep that one.

Raglan Road - I've never eaten there yet, but it's on my to do. I would have a hard time picking another restaurant on your list to cut in it's place though.

Sci-Fi - This is a must do for my family. My son loves it and I love how quiet, cool and dark it is. One of the quietest spots in all of WDW and that is a welcome break!

Brown Derby, Yak & Yeti, Le Cellier - all great choices.

Artist Point - never eaten there, but you already identified it as a must keep.

The Yachtsman looks really good...didn't know much about that one before. Lots of different opinions about Coral Reef! I just picked it because the menu looked okay and my son likes fish. :) I'll have to take a closer look at reviews. Thanks, everyone!!
Does he like to look at fish in an aquarium or eat tasty fish? The food at Coral Reef is terrible, but the aquarium is pretty cool. If you're in it for the experience, keep it. But set your expectations low for the food.

Does he like to look at fish in an aquarium or eat tasty fish? The food at Coral Reef is terrible, but the aquarium is pretty cool. If you're in it for the experience, keep it. But set your expectations low for the food.

Lol...I guess I didn't make that clear.

He loves aquariums. However, my whole family is stopping at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago on the way down, so I guess it will all be downhill from there, anyway.

So confused about Coral Reef. I'm getting feedback that 50 percent love it and 50 percent hate it. Not much gray area with that one!

I appreciate everyone's help and opinions!!!

Where is raglan road? I've never even heard about it??

Raglan Road is at Downtown Disney. It is an Irish bar and restaurant that has live Irish dancers in the afternoon/evening. Very fun atmosphere and pretty good food...although both my kids hated their steak on our last trip (they are picky about steak though).

OP, I would definitely cut Chef Mickey's....yes, the atmosphere is fun but it is expensive and the food is very mediocre. As a PP said, you already have O'hana, which has better food and is also a character meal. As for Coral Reef, we haven't eaten there in 3-4 years, but it was just ok last time we went.

- As long as you are doing breakfast here, then I say keep it. Had great breakfast the 2 times we dined there but the dinner we will never go back to
- Never been but want to try it some time
- We really like this place for a breakaway (No Way Jose :cloud9:), but only if we are staying at BC, I agree with the other posters that this is not worth it to leave the park, too many other options to choose from at Epcot.
- Get rid of this...been 3 times and besides our first visit, we did not care for the restaurant. The only good thing is the fish tank, and that is if you get a table close to it.
- love this lunch, it is a must do for us each trip...your son will love the atmosphere plus they have really good burgers and shakes.
- great place for the grown ups....DH loves this restaurant if you are planning on dining here on the same day as Sci-Fi, make sure you have more then enough time in between so you don't feel over stuffed after you are done.
- haven't been, wanted to go on our upcoming trip, but found that there would be nothing that my kids would eat here, so doing Tusker House lunch instead.
- good food, great character interaction, but hate the service....every time we have gone (3 times now) our service was less then good, it was like our waitress/waiter forgot that we were there.
- I think it is o.k. but DH and my kids love this place, so we go each trip....however I did not make an ADR for our upcoming trip since DH will not be going :goodvibes
- I agree, don't drop this one....love this restaurant and the ambiance. Great food, great service, and the views are awesome.

My answers are in blue. Good luck narrowing it down, you really have some great choices :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter