• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keep This Going Foever: THE defining moment from your last DVC trip

The defining moment for our last trip in May was walking into the villa in building 46 at OKW and realizing it was the exact same unit we were in the previous trip in January! LOVED IT! Besides that, it was our favorite view in the whole resort!

:banana: Buying DVC during our last WDW trip was my defining moment. Riding back to AKV in the DVC van whilst talking to the driver and not hearing a word he said due to the sheer joy I was feeling after making our first DVC purchase of 170 points at SSR, pretty much sums up the moment for me. :cloud9:

The defining moment had to be at 10:01 pm on August 10th, as we sat in our chairs, all lined up in front of the window of our 1 bdr on the 11th floor of BLT, and Jiminy Crickett's voice came across our TV, clear as day, no one talking next to us......... and then, ............. well you know what happened next...................

mac_tlc

The defining moment for our last trip in May was walking into the villa in building 46 at OKW and realizing it was the exact same unit we were in the previous trip in January! LOVED IT! Besides that, it was our favorite view in the whole resort!

Now doesn't THAT feel like you're going home.

For me, it's every time we stay at SSR. I love doing my morning walk around the grounds and after I'm done stopping at AP for my morning tea. :love: Walking back to our building I just take it all in....I love that place.

For us it is knowing that we don't have to be so frantic and can actually take a somewhat slower more enjoyable pace. And you know why we can do that.......because we will be back!!!

This past May at SSR it rained the entire vacation. My oldest just graduated college, my youngest entering Sr yr HS. I told them how disappointed I was as this was probably the last vacation we would have all together, now that the oldest would be working.

They all looked at me like I was crazy. They all agreed that even when they married we should all get together for a yearly vacation. Right then I realized DVC was the greatest investment I ever made.

Last year during our big family trip to SSR, my DSIL turned to me on our way to DTD and said that this trip was the first real vacation she has been on because she could relax (She just reminded me tonight while I was showing her BWV and doesn't want to go anywhere else but SSR)

This year, that one moment was when my pregnant daughter hugged us during our Cape May dinner and said that she knew that we were going to bring our grand daughter to WDW and probably without her :goodvibes She's right, we can't wait to bring our grand daughter to SSR and let her play on the Congress Park play yard and go walking with grandpa around the lake in the morning.

For us, it was this last July for our very first DVC stay; as we walked up to AKV, there was a lady on the "porch" who asked us who we were. I thought this was strange, because normally you just go in and go straight to the check-in desk...so I was surprised at the "interruption" that made us stop! When she heard our names, she said, "oh, you are staying in Concierge, correct?" (it was just for the first night)

Yes, we were...and she directed us to follow her! We were surprised...she took us straight to the elevator and explained that we needed our keycard to get to the 6th floor.

But the best part...the best part was when we rounded the corner toward the concierge check-in desk and the fellow behind it said, "Well, this must be the Browns!"

That little extra service was a FANTASTIC beginning to our vacation, and made us feel very special! :cloud9:

My defining moment was this past June. My best friend and I have known each other since we were 5. She was one of 6 children and I was an only child. She was always my travel buddy when my parents took me to Disney World. We would say many times," When we grow up, we will come back to Disney with our kids". Time went on, we both married and had children. Her husband retired from the Army and they all moved back home about 3 years ago. Last year, I said to her, "You know, if we are going to Disney, we better do it soon". So I booked a Grand Villa at Old Key West for our large party of 9. We had the best time. Even my non-Disney loving husband had a great time at the Gurgling Suitcase. Without DVC, the cost of the three bedroom Grand Villa would of been astronomical. With it, we have some great memories to share.

You are all making me tear up reading your wonderful posts!! I have a few defining moments from our stays w/ DVC. The 1st being at VWL and walking into the lobby upon our arrival and gazing upon their gigantic, beautiful christmas tree. We were then selected to be a flag family and we had my mom and in-laws with us. We have such beautiful pics from that trip. Sadly my DMIL passed away a year or so after that, so we are glad we were able to share that trip with her. I also have fond memories of my DS sitting in the sand at SAB happy as a clam, and my DD stopping to "chat" with Ariel every time we would go back to our villa at BCV. DVC really has given us so many memories that we will cherish forever:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter