Keep an eye on your reservations

This is really unfortunate for you, but I wouldn't give up if you are sure it was not you cancelling the reservation, then I would really be pushing them to PROVE WITHOUT A DOUBT that it came from you. The person who suggestion tracking the IP address is a good one. The problem will be the likelihood of them tracking that level of information for the cancellation. No notification e-mail is absolutely absurd. Disney must seriously have some incompetent people working in either IT or their web/marketing group. What are they doing to protect sensitive information if they can't even follow simple steps to prevent unintended access to accounts?

I wouldn't give up on the phone with them. Keep pushing to get your reservation back if it was wrongly cancelled outside the realm of your control.

GL!

I have already spent 3 hours on the phone. Yesterday, I even emailed an old executive email list I found online. At this point, I don't think Disney cares.

This really sucks but I've never heard of a room just being cancelled like that. The only time I've heard of it is on MYW reservation not paid before the due date. Just wondering you say you are the only adult but are their kids in the house? How old are they? Perhaps one of them was on your MDE and hit that button by mistake and didn't say anything?

This really sucks but I've never heard of a room just being cancelled like that. The only time I've heard of it is on MYW reservation not paid before the due date. Just wondering you say you are the only adult but are their kids in the house? How old are they? Perhaps one of them was on your MDE and hit that button by mistake and didn't say anything?

My 4 year old was asleep hours beforehand. So I highly doubt it was her, plus you have to use my fingerprint to open the phone and a password to use the app.

I'm glad you were able to find a workaround. I would probably write to guest services anyway. When we were there in October, we were on one of the POTC boats that listed heavily to the right and took on so much water that I had to take off my shoes and empty them on that water-soaked exit ramp. I wrote to guest services when we got back and they contacted me a week later via phone. If Disney or some IT glitch cancelled your reservation (and after our problems this week I 100% believe it was a Disney screw-up here,) they owe you an apology at the very least.

But am I the only one who thinks it shouldn't be that easy to cancel a reservation?! One-click is fine for feeding my Amazon Prime addiction, but one-click should not be the default setting for MDE cancelling reservations!

Here is the thing... Disney is showing that someone accessed the account and canceled through said account. In their opinion (and in the opinion of any online service/game/whatever) it is up to the individual to protect their information so that no one but themselves can access their accounts. Now, I am NOT saying that the OP gave that information away or anything like that. In no way am I blaming the OP for what has happened. Let me make that clear. I am simply explaining why Disney may not be willing to work with the OP to "reinstate" the original reservation. They have "proof" from their systems that the account was used to make the cancellation. IP addresses wouldn't matter what so ever as their are ways to change them, the owner of said account could have logged on from somewhere else, or the owner of the account could have given their information to someone else. So, based on what Disney can see, there is nothing to send up a red flag.

For all Disney knows, the OP canceled the reservation and then had second thoughts about it so they are trying to get their original deal back.

Again, I am in no way saying this is what happened with the OP or putting any blame on the OP. I am simply pointing out how a company may be seeing this.

That all said, if I was the OP, I would at least be scanning my computer for viruses and malware and changing my passwords just to be safe since there is really no way for them to know.

What stops someone from linking an existing reservation to their account? Then using their account to cancel it? Would it still show as I cancelled it?

What stops someone from linking an existing reservation to their account? Then using their account to cancel it? Would it still show as I cancelled it?

You can't link a reservation once it is linked to the lead holder's account. You can link the occupants to the account but only the lead can modify and cancel.

I know this is 100% accurate because if my fiance is put as the lead party on our reservations I have to log into his account (with his permission of course) to modify the reservation. Since you booked on a AP discount I have to imagine you were already linked as the lead party member.

You can't link a reservation once it is linked to the lead holder's account. You can link the occupants to the account but only the lead can modify and cancel.

I know this is 100% accurate because if my fiance is put as the lead party on our reservations I have to log into his account (with his permission of course) to modify the reservation. Since you booked on a AP discount I have to imagine you were already linked as the lead party member.

I can back that up as well. My MDE is still linked with that of friends we went to the world with last year. They have a trip planned in a few weeks and I can see every ADR, FP+, and where they are staying. I cannot see the price they paid or cancel anything of theirs. So even if your MDE info is showing on someone else's account they can't change anything. I can however see their reservation number. But since the issue here was an online change seeing the reservation number wouldn't matter.

I'm glad you were able to find a workaround. I would probably write to guest services anyway. When we were there in October, we were on one of the POTC boats that listed heavily to the right and took on so much water that I had to take off my shoes and empty them on that water-soaked exit ramp. I wrote to guest services when we got back and they contacted me a week later via phone. If Disney or some IT glitch cancelled your reservation (and after our problems this week I 100% believe it was a Disney screw-up here,) they owe you an apology at the very least.

But am I the only one who thinks it shouldn't be that easy to cancel a reservation?! One-click is fine for feeding my Amazon Prime addiction, but one-click should not be the default setting for MDE cancelling reservations!

It's not. It verifies that you want to cancel and has you acknowledge it first.

So if it's not a one-click kind of thing, I'm pretty sure the OP would have remembered going through multiple screens to cancel a reservation.

Considering how wonky MDE and the WDW websites have been the last few weeks, I'm in the "Disney Ate the OP's Reservation" camp on this one. Heck, I just checked MDE after spending half an hour on the phone with WDW this afternoon over the magic bands and linked reservations for our trip next week and now we have a totally NEW problem for our May trip. Kiddo's ticket is now linked to DH's name. *double facepalm* So I think there are some gremlins in the system...

I guess everyone doesn't because I never get them now. I cancelled a ton 2 weeks ago. There are posts at the Restaurant board of folks not getting them now too.

I get the confirmation emails but haven't gotten cancellation ones in over a year

I get ADR cancellation emails and when I cancelled a reservation for a room only reservation in October, I received a cancellation email.

Photo pass lost every single one of our memory maker photos from our trip last October. Every single picture. It took them weeks to figure out what happened. My travel agent dealt with it, so I have no idea what happened. Eventually they found our photos.

So I completely believe MDX or MDE or whatever it's called ate your reservation.

I get ADR cancellation emails and when I cancelled a reservation for a room only reservation in October, I received a cancellation email.
I guess only select accounts get them
I cancelled a room yesterday. No email
I'm not the only one that doesn't get them and you aren't the only one that does. Not sure there is any rhyme or reason to who is getting them and who isn't
Point is pretty just that not getting them is not unusual

I guess only select accounts get them
I cancelled a room yesterday. No email
I'm not the only one that doesn't get them and you aren't the only one that does. Not sure there is any rhyme or reason to who is getting them and who isn't
Point is pretty just that not getting them is not unusual

Disney technology is BIZARRE

You're the only adult and you have a child. Is there anyone outside of the household who knew or could guess a passwords who doesn't want you to go?

(Started my internet life planning a wedding...you would not believe how many people cancel the important plans of others because they are angry or jealous)

Disney's computer system/IT is a disgrace. Remember when MDE was randomly deleting and adding people to reservations - all those people who suddenly had extra spouses they'd never heard of? Tickets not linked properly? A couple of years ago when that upgrade deleted everyone's ADRs? Just yesterday I tried to pay my MFs and couldn't get the system to work. Who hasn't seen the error screens when trying to do something on line. Any other major company I'd consider user error - Disney, naw, I'm pretty sure the computer ate OP's reservation.

This weekend My Disney Vacation Account disappeared. I had issues with MDE and after IT fixed my MDE I discovered the next day that according to Disney, I had No Disney Vacation Account.(It's been active since 2013.) I spent an hour on the phone with IT to get it fixed. I had to create a new user name and password with IT to retrieve my account. Thankfully I had kept my account number written down and activity transactions. I got everything back, but I will not be putting money in it anymore because my trust has been lost. IT was very nice, but there are hard earned and saved dollars at stake when it comes to Disney vacations. I feel for the OP.

Their systems have been notoriously buggy. I don't know where this stuff is being developed, but they really shouldn't have the frequency of issues that we have been discussing. It almost appears that the development is being done offshore. This isn't anything of surprise with this type of setup. Offshore developers (especially cheap ones) are bad bad bad. If we had these types of issues with any other company, we wouldn't be so nice. It is absurd to think these are just normal problems. I truly believe they are the result of an incompetent company who either hires poor internal IT people, or wrongly offshored the development of such key applications and ended up getting the crap you pay for.

Sorry but Disney has nothing to "make right". You made a mistake. Things happen. Move on. Learn from it.

While it sounds harsh, to the CMs this is right. They see you cancelled it, and to them it seems as if you changed your mind. Unless Between IT and yourself you can prove you didn't cancel, I don't see them offering you the same rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter