Keens for park touring -- stupid question

alliecats

DIS Veteran
On the basis of all the advice on many threads here, I got some Keen Whispers for park touring. However, when I pull the bungee cord thing to tighten the laces, I am left with a big floppy leftover shoelace thing on one side. The plastic thing at the end of it hits the ground. This will A) trip me and B) drive me absolutely crazy with the sound. I don't think it is supposed to do this but I have never had shoes like this before. Advice?

Thank you preemiemama! The cord on one of them is so long it almost sticks past the toe, even tucked! I am not sure why I got a mutant lace.

Also, you might be tightening them too much. Try wearing them with this a little looser and see if it still fits and doesn't rub.

Thanks Soniam, I will try that. I was just reading some reviews on Amazon and people were talking about how their cords were also too long, and how they were made in Thailand. Reviewers were saying the ones from China had cords of an appropriate length and the Thai ones were too long (among other minor design flaws/inconsistencies). I checked, and mine are made in Thailand. I may return them and see if I can get a better pair in exchange.

does sound like your cords are a bit long. I am a HUGE Keen fan. I prefer the VeniceH2's and the NewportH2's, and just got a pair of the Sienna MJ's - hoping those will be a great alternative as well. My cords on my sandals only tuck half way down the top of the foot.

On the basis of all the advice on many threads here, I got some Keen Whispers for park touring. However, when I pull the bungee cord thing to tighten the laces, I am left with a big floppy leftover shoelace thing on one side. The plastic thing at the end of it hits the ground. This will A) trip me and B) drive me absolutely crazy with the sound. I don't think it is supposed to do this but I have never had shoes like this before. Advice?
I am also thinking about buying one but not sure about the size. Did you buy same size as your running shoes or 1/2 size bigger/smaller? thank you

I am also thinking about buying one but not sure about the size. Did you buy same size as your running shoes or 1/2 size bigger/smaller? thank you
I have several pairs of Keen Whispers. I find they run a tad larger. I wear a 6.5 in most running shoes and in Keen hiking boots, but I wear a 6 in the Whispers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter