KCup machine issue

sarahlovesmickey

<font color=darkorchid>I could probably make Shake
I love my KCup machine BUT in an attempt to save some money, I've been using ground coffee in the accessory you can buy so you don't have to necessarily use an actual Kcup. Not sure what that accessory is called but it allows you to put in ground coffee from a canister- Anyway, so I've used it a few times and it seems like I'm getting a lot of coffee grounds in my cup of coffee. :confused: I've followed the directions that came with it to a T but still getting coffee grounds in my coffee. Anyone else have this issue???

Don't fill the cup so full and try a coarser grind, I like to grind my own and the coarser works better. I use mine all the time and haven't had the problem.

Don't fill the cup so full and try a coarser grind, I like to grind my own and the coarser works better. I use mine all the time and haven't had the problem.

Thank you for your response! Yeah, I tried various amounts of coffee grinds in it, but still had the issue so perhaps it is because it's so fine. It's Folgers so.... I haven't tried grinding my own, but perhaps I'll give it a try! Thanks!

I use Dunkin Donuts in my k cup filter and have never had an issue with grinds in my coffee. Are you using the correct type of coffee??

I use Dunkin Donuts in my k cup filter and have never had an issue with grinds in my coffee. Are you using the correct type of coffee??

It didn't say a specific type of coffee to use--only said "ground coffee", so I've been using Folgers. I'm going to try to grind some myself and make it a little more coarse as the previous poster suggested.

Hey Sarah, I'm having the same issues with my Keurig machine - when I use the MyKCup, I get coffee grinds in my cup, and the water is spitting everyone when it comes it. I think the reusable KCup thing is a piece of junk!

Coarse coffee, and not overfilling the cup, should do the trick. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure of the price comparison with coffee by the lb., but I just bought a 48 pack of K-cups on soap.com for 18.99. It was an off-brand, but, I'm a fan of lower priced coffee. :)

Hey Sarah, I'm having the same issues with my Keurig machine - when I use the MyKCup, I get coffee grinds in my cup, and the water is spitting everyone when it comes it. I think the reusable KCup thing is a piece of junk!

YES!!! Mine is doing the same thing and I can't figure out why! As I said, I've followed the directions to a T...not sure what I'm doing wrong. I may have to give Keurig a call. :sad2:

Coarse coffee, and not overfilling the cup, should do the trick. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure of the price comparison with coffee by the lb., but I just bought a 48 pack of K-cups on soap.com for 18.99. It was an off-brand, but, I'm a fan of lower priced coffee. :)

I will have to check that website out! Thank you so much!!

I really wanted a refillable k cup too and when i read all of the reviews on amazon I decided to go with Eko Brew (sp?). It was cheap and had AWESOME reviews and is really amazing. I'm a coffee nut so I have multiple cups a day, as does my bf, and it never spills or spits water out or gets grinds in my coffee.

I do grind my own coffee, but I have used regular store bought coffee before and it still worked great.

I think they're being sold at Stop & Shop now, but may be cheaper on amazon.

I really wanted a refillable k cup too and when i read all of the reviews on amazon I decided to go with Eko Brew (sp?). It was cheap and had AWESOME reviews and is really amazing. I'm a coffee nut so I have multiple cups a day, as does my bf, and it never spills or spits water out or gets grinds in my coffee.

I do grind my own coffee, but I have used regular store bought coffee before and it still worked great.

I think they're being sold at Stop & Shop now, but may be cheaper on amazon.

Does this go into the Keurig machine or is it a seperate thing?

Oo that would have been good info for me to give you, huh? :upsidedow

It fits right in like a regular plastic throwaway k cup. It's got screens on the bottom and bottom sides that let coffee out, and the lid (which is attached to the cup itself) has a cone shape so the coffee is brewed perfectly.

I honestly think it's some of the best coffee I've ever had. I'm a complete coffee snob who used to think keurigs were the demise of our coffee loving society until I got one for my bday and I now LOVE it because I get freshly brewed coffee for each cup, and the eko brew thing is really what made me start to love my keurig!

Oo that would have been good info for me to give you, huh? :upsidedow

It fits right in like a regular plastic throwaway k cup. It's got screens on the bottom and bottom sides that let coffee out, and the lid (which is attached to the cup itself) has a cone shape so the coffee is brewed perfectly.

I honestly think it's some of the best coffee I've ever had. I'm a complete coffee snob who used to think keurigs were the demise of our coffee loving society until I got one for my bday and I now LOVE it because I get freshly brewed coffee for each cup, and the eko brew thing is really what made me start to love my keurig!

Cool! thanks for the idea--I just may look into this if I can't figure the issue out. Also going to call Keurig. Perhaps they have a solution.

I had the same problem. Have you tried cleaning the pin that sticks into the kcup? I cleaned mine and you should of seen all the grinds that were on it. while the lid is up carefully wipe the pin until no more grinds are coming off....

The MYKCup we had NOTHING but problems - overflow of grounds and a big mess. Switched to Ecobrew and it works perfect! We use various types of coffee in the Ecobrew and never one problem. :thumbsup2

We use to have the same problem till we got a tooth brush and cleaned the basket before we wash it. No problems after that.

Those of you that use the EcoBrew, do you like it better than the SoloFill?

Agreed that the My KCup is a piece of junk. =)

Well, I tried all the suggestions and we are still having the issue. I'm going to buy an EcoBrew as many people suggested. wish me luck!

Those of you that use the EcoBrew, do you like it better than the SoloFill?

Agreed that the My KCup is a piece of junk. =)

I've had the solofill cups for awhile and really liked them. Recently Amazon had the ecobrew cups on sale so I bought a few and have to say I prefer the ecobrew. Cup feels like it holds a bit more and since the bottom is flat it is easier to clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter