kcashner..more land/cruise questions..

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
and/or anyone else who's a pro at 'customizing their land/sea packages'..

You mentioned in another post to stay at a DCL resort (I don't want to have to transfer to another resort.) Which ones are DCL's? (Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom?)

Do we put the DCL luggage tags on before the bus picks us up to take us to the resort?

Are the 'hopper' tickets available on a three day?

I'd call WDW ressies, but you and everyone else here have more helpful info:D

Thanks!

Hi, I'll try to help.
I'm sure of all of your plans, so I'm guessing at some of this.

I am in the progress of helping a friend get the most for their money and I did alot of price comparisons. I know that many people said it is cheaper to book separately. I found that when I priced a land/sea package vs separate cruise, hotel and tickets that is is cheaper to book the land/sea package.

On disney's main site, they have alot of choices when it comes to hotel and ticket prices. It's pretty easy to use so that you can compare prices.

I do believe there is a 3-day hopper.

If you have the cruise portion already booked, I would go to the main site and explore the package. Some of them include food and your pick of "wishes". It was actually pretty cool. I wish they had those choices when we did our land/sea.

Have fun!:tongue:

Ok, I'll tackle some of these....
Unlimited Park Hoppers are available for 3 night stay. However, these are the most expensive passes, and must be purchased for your entire length of stay. That means you pay for check in and out days. Since we don't usually go to the park on either arrival or departure days, these end up being very expensive.

Another option is to go to the Disney store and buy a 4 or 5 day Parkhopper Plus pass. The unused days NEVER expire, so if you will ever in your entire life make another trip to WDW, they can be used. I have a friend who bought kid passes for her kids and used the leftover days for her grandchildren! Technically, these passes are to be used by one person, but there's currently no system verifying that.

You put the DCL tags on at the resort when you are preparing to go to the cruise. You claim your own bags at MCO and proceed to the transportation. The idea is that you don't want the bags to accidentally end up on the wrong ship!

If you have 3 or more people, it is frequently cheaper to use a private limo service than to use DCL transfers. ANother advantage to private limo is that YOU determine the schedule, not DCL, and that it will pick you up at any hotel.

Cruise hotels....not necessarily an all inclusive list....Grand Fla, Poly, Contemp, Port Orleans, Carib. beach, Boardwalk. These, I know for sure are. I know that none of the budget class hotels are "cruise hotels" (that means, no All Stars). I'm honestly not sure about ANimal Kingdom Lodge or Beach Club....we've stayed there, but not with cruises.

I know for sure that Old Key West is NOT one.

You really can save by doing your own package, but be sure to buy your insurance privately if you do this. The DCL insurance will cover only the cruise portion if you break up the package.

How to save--buy the type of pass you will use, rather than the unlimited park hoppers. Typical savings $40 or more per person. Private limo rather than DCL transfers (break even point is 3 adults, coupon available at www.castawayclub.com) You pay by the vehicle, rather than by the person. Watch for hotel specials--off season, you can save a lot. www.mousesavers.com is a good site for current deals.

Thanks a lot kcashner and musicgirl!

We're doing a 7-day this coming May and want to do another for 2005, but want to go to WDW for 3 days in 2005.

I'd never even thought to buy the ultimate park-hoppers. (I forgot that they don't expire):D

If we start planning now for 2005, we won't get hit w/a huge bill all at once.

Thanks again::bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter