Kaylee & Alan - Caribbean Beach Oct/Nov 2000 - Day 8

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Kaylee & Alan’s Trip Report Day 8 – Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom & Villain’s Dinner

Day 8

Cast
Kaylee – aged 26, first time visitor to WDW
Alan – aged 28, second visit to WDW, first when he was 8

Early Entry at Magic Kingdom today so we were out and on the bus. The MK was very,very busy full of strollers. We went on It’s a Small World and by that time Fantasyland was packed with really long queues everywhere. Di our friend had made PS for us at Crystal Palace to meet Pooh and Gang. The Crystal Palace is like a Victorian summerhouse. Breakfast was the usual buffet foods. Pooh stood in the lobby and Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet toured the room. Because Di had put on our reservations that we were now on honeymoon, the waitress did a heart on our table in Mickey Confetti and presented us with a Magic Moment certificate. I had photos with Pooh and Gang and my autograph book was filling up.

After this we did Haunted Mansion, which was different than Paris, followed by Festival of the Lion King – which was excellent. I really wanted to go to Mickey’s Toontown Fair, I thought Minnie’s house was better than Mickey’s. The queue to meet the ‘big cheese’ was big and as I met him before we didn’t join it. There was a great shop here and we brought a lovely Millennium Photo Album and I got a 2000 Mickey in the sale. I was only allowed to take back one soft toy and I have a Minnie Mouse from Paris and the Mickey matched her perfectly. Surprise I brought more pins and some Pooh nail varnish.

We got the railroad from Toontown to Frontierland, we walked slowly to Adventureland and saw the Tikki Room, I enjoyed this as it had Zazu in it. We walked back to Main Street and did a little more shopping in the bake shop – not that I do much baking. I loved having it shipped to our room – it was a great perk of staying on site. Even though we excited the park and caught the bus to the CBR.

When we got back to our room our wedding photo’s had arrived and we really liked them we had to choose 24 out of 65 to go into our album. This was difficult, so we thought we would look tomorrow. There was no room at the pool and it took ages to get a lounger, but we settled down for a little while.

We left at 5pm to get our bus to the Magic Kingdom (I had to stand all the way) and when we arrived we got the monorail to the Grand Floridian, via the Contemporary, Transport and Ticketing Centre, The Polynesian and the Wedding Pavilion, you could see a wedding taking place (they are in hour and a half blocks I think) and they had Cinderella’s Glass Coach. As we went to run down the staircase we noticed there was a wedding party at the bottom the photographer was Rick Ferro the same as ours (obviously highly in demand). So we ran back up and got the lift down so we didn’t disrupt them.
At 1900 Park Fair, the Queen of Hearts was waiting in the lobby, with the stroppy look on her face, I managed to get a photo with her and she signed my autograph book. We were taken to our table which was in the main room, dinner was lovely – Chinese style and lots of puddings. Governor Ratcliffe, Prince John, Captain Cook and Cruella were here so I had lots of opportunities for photo’s and autographs. Cruella was a scream as the only ‘talking’ character there she was shouting at the kid’s and really interacting with the adults. She seemed to have taken a liking to Alan, you should see the photo!

After dinner we took the monorail back to the MK and were just in time for the Main Street Electrical Parade. It is a shame there are so many trees on Main Street it makes it really difficult to see if you are not at the front. It you want to be at the front it seems you need to queue really early. After this we got a spot for the Fantasy in the Sky Parade and enjoyed the fireworks. We did more shopping after this Alan brought a Dopey baseball shirt and we got a souvenir Disney Dollar.

Back on another crowded bus to the resort for hot chocolate and bed.

Next: Island’s of Adventure and dinner at Artist Pointe.

Thanks for the wonderful report - luv reading them!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter