kayak and walk nature adventure

mom4fun

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the kayak adventure at castaway cay? Do you need to be an athelete? Thought this might be a nice alternative if the weather was cool.

We were going to do this but it was rough out and thought they had cancelled all the water excursions but come to find out they didn't cancel ours. Oh well. But from the looks of the people who did this excursion (saw them leaving their walking part near serenity bay) you don't have to be "athletic". Just not any major health issues that would keep you from being able to walk a distance or paddle slowly.

We have done this and you don't need to be athletic at all. The only thing I struggled with was the heat on the walk but it was not a difficult walk and they have stops along the way for the laggers to catch up and after kayak we were free to return at our own pace but the kayaking was beautiful!

I have done this port adventure in 2010 and really enjoyed it. The walk was informative and the guide was very funny. Part of the walk ventured into areas typically closed to passengers. The kayaking was my favorite part (I do SUP and kayaking at home) and not too difficult for the notives in the group. The beach location where you enter/exit the water is really nice but as you venture on the kayaking tour they point out some jellyfish to obviously you don't want to fall in. On our return we had a bit of headwind so some people struggled a little especially some single passengers on the kayak. I have visited CC once more since 2010 and I regret not signing up for this port adventure again. Next time I visit CC I will make sure I do.

So would you say this excursion would be good in cool weather,:confused3 also? If you put on a sweatshirt you will stay warm and dry?

We were considering this excursion but it says for ages 10 and up. Does anyone know why? My daughter will be 9 the day after we disembark, but she kayaks with us frequently, has her own kayak, and even kayaked on the bay at LBI this summer. I wonder if they make any exceptions to the age limited.

We were considering this excursion but it says for ages 10 and up. Does anyone know why? My daughter will be 9 the day after we disembark, but she kayaks with us frequently, has her own kayak, and even kayaked on the bay at LBI this summer. I wonder if they make any exceptions to the age limited.

We had a great time doing this,The only problem I would see is the Computer system won't let you sign her up due to her age.

So would you say this excursion would be good in cool weather,:confused3 also? If you put on a sweatshirt you will stay warm and dry?

Just so you know the Kayaks are a bit on the tipsy side so you should be prepared to get wet, other then that it's about a 10 minute walk from serenity bay which you get to by taking the tram.

Has anyone done the kayak adventure at castaway cay? Do you need to be an athelete? Thought this might be a nice alternative if the weather was cool.

You don't need to be an athlete but you need to be in some kind of shape. We went out with about ten kayaks and four needed to be towed back in. My wife and I and the tour guide both had two other kayaks towed to the back of us.Too many people who hadn't exercised in 20 years. My wife and I are avid kayakers so was not a problem. Anyone in average shape should be able to do it.

Just so you know the Kayaks are a bit on the tipsy side so you should be prepared to get wet, other then that it's about a 10 minute walk from serenity bay which you get to by taking the tram.

I have kayaked for 25 years and not once have I ever unintentionally gone in to the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter