Katrina losing impact on Orlando

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
According to the latest forecast and projected storm path, Katrina is moving quicker through Florida and further off to the gulf then forecasted earlier today. As of tomorrow afternoon, the eye will just about in the gulf.

Good news for me and the rest of you coming down tomorrow or later this weekend.

Rain doesn't bother me. I won't melt. I'll head to the parks, throw on a poncho, and be a happy camper. :)

I just got off the phone with my son who lives in Orlando. They have sunny skies today. It totally missed them and went to the south.

jfritz said:
I just got off the phone with my son who lives in Orlando. They have sunny skies today. It totally missed them and went to the south.

:cool1: :sunny:

jfritz said:

You've made my day. We fly out tomorrow at 7:40am!

Thank you sincerely for posting!

:)

We are flying in on Monday, 9:30 AM. I am not so concerend about dealing with the hurricane once we land, but it looks like Katrina is going to head back to the NE. If Orlando is anywhere near that cone, the flight may be delayed or altered??

tink5697 said:
We are flying in on Monday, 9:30 AM. I am not so concerend about dealing with the hurricane once we land, but it looks like Katrina is going to head back to the NE. If Orlando is anywhere near that cone, the flight may be delayed or altered??

I'd say at this point, unless something very bizarre happens, we're all safe in Orlando. The storm as of now is way out of the range of Orlando, and is just moving farther off to the north.

jfritz said:

Hold it there partners,

The storm is expected to turn north, head back up the coast and slam the panhandle at a possible category 3 strength. Orlando is likely to get alot of rain over the next few days. Expect those sunny, pretty skies to dissolve into thick "cane clouds".

Fortunately it is likely to stay off shore enough to keep most of the heavy stuff away. You likely wont even get much wind. In fact, the way the storm is now, in size, you may not get much rain, but they expect it to get pretty big overnight. It's just good to keep an eye on.

(edited) After looking again, it looks like it may stay far enough out to keep any really nasty weather from showing up, but if that upper level high keeps it a little closer, then you can expect more rain.

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm12/projectedpath_large.html?from=wxcenter_maps

We're heading down next weekend, and hope everything is cleared out by then.

Flying to WDW tomorrow morning from LAX, landing @ 6:30 ish Florida time. . .

Poncho, travel umbrella, rubber hiking sandals and extra socks and shoes already packed.

:umbrella:

Walt Disney World . . . here we come!

It may have lost impact on O-town but something big must be expected for the panhandle.
I was at Epcot today and they were using the far end of the parking lot as a marshalling yard and at 3 pm there were about 350 utility trucks.

Happy for all of the WDW vacationers :) ...but worried about the rest of us along the Gulf Coast :guilty:

This one seems rather unpredictable.

My husband left WDW this morning. He said the CSR parking lot was full of trucks from the power companies, with license plates from lots of northern states. Apparently, they were using the hotel as some sort of staging area in case they were needed for the storm. Maybe they'll drive North, now, or maybe they'll just hang out until they are needed.

Okay, we're in Orlando right now and the weather has really been fine, with a few scattered showers. We're trying to decide whether to go to the MK tomorrow. MY DH heard it was going to rain all day, and he will not go if it's going to rain all day (I would, but you know...). Does anyone know if tomorrow will be anything like today was,weather-wise??

Thank you!

The local news has said that we will get the biggest impact from Katrina on Saturday. We could get several inches of rain and some gusty winds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter