• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Katie & Mike TR - SBP/Bluezoo/Morocco - Dessert Party (8/5)

Congrats! Your pictures are beautiful, and I am in LOVE with your dress!! Do you mind sharing the designer and style number? Congrats again to you both! :goodvibes

Well, like most disbrides, I am currently planning a post-wedding trip in an effort to bleed the annual pass dry :cutie: Like the wedding, I am confined to booking during horrible/crowded times of the year due to my job as a teacher. After the last mid-term on December 18 I am booking it out of here until December 27 :cool1: I put a deposit down for the Dolphin for $155/night. Obviously if something better comes along I'm gonna take it, but Pop Century is currently $135-145/night for that time, so we figured to just spend the extra $20 a night for the better location/amenities. Here's hoping a buy 4 get 3 free deal comes along, or I get a pin code :surfweb: But for Christmas time, I seriously doubt it.

Hooray! You started your trippie! Sorta! :hyper: I totally understand why you want to wait until the pro photos come back, but I loved looking at the teasers! :love:

Yea, it's gonna be a long couple weeks waiting for the pics! I wanna write the TR before I forget everything! Thanks for reading though, I am honored the disboards wedding guru is following :worship:

Beautiful! I love the colors!

Thanks! I did too! :goodvibes

Congrats! Your pictures are beautiful, and I am in LOVE with your dress!! Do you mind sharing the designer and style number? Congrats again to you both! :goodvibes

Thank you so much :goodvibes The dress is from the Jasmine collection, style number F979. It was $850ish, I believe. The sample I tried on was green. Here are some catalog pics, and for some reason they shot it in gold. I really needed to try hard to envision what it would look like in ivory.

dress.jpg

d_209210.jpg

And here is a shot that shows a little more of the detail up top. I originally had a Mickey necklace similar to the one the bridesmaids wore, but decided against it because I thought there was already so much going on up top I didn't want to overdo it.

3627165840_68530e1351_o.jpg

And since I just finished editing all the photopass pics, I will leave you with my favorite (obviously small sized because I've haven't gotten the disc yet). I'll talk more about photopass in the TR but I will say that you basically need to totally guide the photographer to get any fun/decent shots. I don't know if I would ever pay for it again.

5193_872945932210_1907767_50306825_.jpg

Darn, it looks like it is discontinued now! So beautiful in the ivory though, I love it! I was actually at the Boardwalk on your wedding day! It was later in the day though, there was a bride getting married at SBP at 7:30. Looks like you had a gorgeous day!

I love your photos already - I can't wait to read your trip report!! You look beautiful on your wedding :goodvibes . Iam going to be an Escape bride and will probably have Morocco - we actually really want it there as its our favourite country but reviews like yours really stops all "step-child of dessert party locations" concerns!

P.s. Thanks for the tip about you officiant I have already book marked him - he sounds perfect for us!:thumbsup2

Thank you for your reviews; you looked so beautiful! Your make-up was perfect, it really brought out your natural beauty. You have fantastic eyes.

We are considering Studio222 and Ron so I am glad to see you enjoyed working with them!

I LOVE your reviews!!!!!

How is the Bluezoo? Like price-wise and taste? I have been thinking about it as well, but I do not eat fish, and it looks like a lot of seafood!

Your pics look stunning!! I cannot wait to read more :banana::banana:

LOVE your pics! I am definitely looking forward to seeing/reading more! Did you pay for the Disney photographers at the DP or did they substitute that since you used outside photography? And Blue Zoo is one of the restaurants that we're seriously considering, it seems like it was a good experience! :)

Awesome pics! Looking forward to reading more!!!

Your teasers are great! Congratulations- Looks like you had a gorgeous wedding! Can't wait for the full TR... don't keep us hanging too long:rolleyes1

Darn, it looks like it is discontinued now! So beautiful in the ivory though, I love it! I was actually at the Boardwalk on your wedding day! It was later in the day though, there was a bride getting married at SBP at 7:30. Looks like you had a gorgeous day!

Oh that's too bad. Maybe if you call some places they might have it. It's really nothing special though. A-line strapless dress with a sweetheart top...you will easily be able to find something similar.

7:30 wedding? :rolleyes: There are the Disney inconsistencies again. If I knew nighttime was an option I would have done it. I thought 5pm was the latest you could do SBP.

Congratulations!!! You looked beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics because the teasers are amazing!!!:goodvibes

I love your photos already - I can't wait to read your trip report!! You look beautiful on your wedding :goodvibes . Iam going to be an Escape bride and will probably have Morocco - we actually really want it there as its our favourite country but reviews like yours really stops all "step-child of dessert party locations" concerns!

P.s. Thanks for the tip about you officiant I have already book marked him - he sounds perfect for us!:thumbsup2

Thanks :goodvibes I really loved Morocco. I would recommend though that you enter through the backstage. Again, this is something there are inconsistencies with. I've read that other people have been told walking through International Gateway was not an option. Well, it was for us. In fact that is what we were going to do. Then about a month before I decided I should probably arrange transport there in case it's raining. Towncars there were I believe $25 each and they seat 4. It's worth it to enter through the backstage...I think it makes it more "magical".

Yea again the officiant is such a personal thing. Some people are religious and want a minister or whatever. I know a lot of the ministers do non-religious ceremony's, but we wanted someone totally "neutral"...so again, if that's what you want, Ron is perfect.

Thank you for your reviews; you looked so beautiful! Your make-up was perfect, it really brought out your natural beauty. You have fantastic eyes.

We are considering Studio222 and Ron so I am glad to see you enjoyed working with them!

:goodvibes Thanks! I'm glad you are considering Studio 222. They are an affordable option for people who want a modern style. Their 4 hour package was $1200 for us. We also added an a la cart hour that was $380, I believe, bringing the grand total to 5 hours. If you are an escape bride, 4 hours is plenty. I just wanted them to photograph the spread at Bluezoo which is why we had to add the extra hour.

I LOVE your reviews!!!!!

How is the Bluezoo? Like price-wise and taste? I have been thinking about it as well, but I do not eat fish, and it looks like a lot of seafood!

Your pics look stunning!! I cannot wait to read more :banana::banana:

Thanks :goodvibes I loved Bluezoo. It's specialty is seafood, but they have other stuff as well. For our main entrees the choices were tuna, salmon, beef, and chicken. One of my sisters had the beef and she said it was amazing. My mom got the chicken...I'll have to ask her how it was, but she didn't complain!

Like I've said before the private room has a $1200 minimum. Our grand total was about $1900 :scared1: I was stupid though. I see that before I said we had 4 courses. Well I forgot about one. We actually had 5!!! I'll talk about them in the the TR later. But suffice it to say that it was way too much food. It was $102/person. If I could do it over, I would have asked for just 2 courses. The cheapest option on their private dining menu is $55/person, so you can easily make it cheaper.

Now we had 12 people, so the food was around $1200...but that doesn't take into account tax, the automatic gratuity, and of course the killer...drinks. I think each mixed drink was like $11-12 each and most people got 2 each. I'm fine with that, but it made the dessert party bar a waste of money. Again, I'll go into more details later.

OMG the teasers are amazing! I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

:goodvibes Thanks! Neither can I!

LOVE your pics! I am definitely looking forward to seeing/reading more! Did you pay for the Disney photographers at the DP or did they substitute that since you used outside photography? And Blue Zoo is one of the restaurants that we're seriously considering, it seems like it was a good experience! :)

:goodvibes Thanks! I paid for the DP photographer. They did not substitute. The substitute I got was a honeymoon shoot inside Epcot. I believe I've read though that they no longer do any substitutions. :sad2: This is the one thing I HATE about DFTW. Our Disney Photographer was a very nice, cool guy. The pictures might be fantastic...the thing is that I have no idea. Yes I am aware you can now look at portfolios and request people, but there is still no guarantee you'll get them. I would definitely never do an in-park wedding and give up the ability to choose my own outside photographer.

The DP photography was $350, and then we paid another $395 for the high-res disc. The disc will include our DP and honeymoon shoot photos. Overpriced, but what can I do?

Awesome pics! Looking forward to reading more!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Your teasers are great! Congratulations- Looks like you had a gorgeous wedding! Can't wait for the full TR... don't keep us hanging too long:rolleyes1

Thanks! :goodvibes Trust me I don't want to leave you hanging. Once I get the photos you will see the fastest TR in the history of the boards. Since it's summer vacation I have nothing but free time and will probably be able to pound the whole thing out in a day or two :lmao:

OMG your pictures are just stunning!! Everything looks absolutely gorgeous...and your dress is just exquisite!!! Congratulations!!

I just had to stop in and say how absolutely gorgeous your photos are. Some of the best I have seen on the Dis! Congratulations on your wedding!!!:lovestruc

Your wedding looks really fun and fabulous. The back of your dress is beautiful. I can't wait for the full TR. I'm glad it was great. And congratulations!

OMG your pictures are just stunning!! Everything looks absolutely gorgeous...and your dress is just exquisite!!! Congratulations!!

I just had to stop in and say how absolutely gorgeous your photos are. Some of the best I have seen on the Dis! Congratulations on your wedding!!!:lovestruc

Thanks! :goodvibes Coming from someone who knows photography, that means a lot!

Your wedding looks really fun and fabulous. The back of your dress is beautiful. I can't wait for the full TR. I'm glad it was great. And congratulations!

Thanks :goodvibes I hope there are some good pics of the back of the dress because it was pretty detailed.

Everything looked so beautiful, and wow you are a stunner, can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!:goodvibes

Thanks :goodvibes I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures either! The photopass pictures are scheduled to arrive June 24, so at least I'll have something to tide me over.

Katie, you looked so beautiful! I'm glad everything went well and can't wait for your TR! Thanks for the vendor reviews and sneak peeks!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter