Katie and Kellan's Disneymoon PTR - Updated 8/16

Day 2
One of the great perks of staying at one of the three on-site Universal hotels is that you get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Harry_Potter_-_01.jpg

IOA is scheduled to open at 9 this day, so we plan to be in line by 7:30 to get in at 8. This means breakfast in our room while we get dressed and then the water taxi over to IOA.
My plan is to do Ollivander’s first,
Harry_Potter_-_20.jpg
then come back to Forbidden Journey.
Harry_Potter_-_29.jpg

We also have FOTL so Dragon Challenge can wait until we’ve explored a bit first.
Harry_Potter_-_56.jpg

Universal and IOA are the one place that make Kellan nervous about getting on rides. He’s a big guy (6’2”, 330, 50” shoulders) and when FJ first opened, a lot of bigger people couldn’t ride it. And since there seems to be no pattern as to body shape for who can and who can’t, it’s a total crapshoot as to whether he’s going to fit or not. This also means we’re worried about Dragon Challenge, The Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit and The Mummy. All of which are cool rides he really wants to go on. We’ve been eating much healthier and taking nightly walks and he’s already lost 15 lbs since the start of summer. He’s hoping for a few more before we leave.

Once we’re done in Potterland, we’ll probably head over to The Lost Continent and Suessland. We have an 11:30 ARD at Mythos for lunch. After Mythos, we’ll head to Marvel Superhero Island and Toon Lagoon. I know we’ll want to do the water rides, but not want to hang out in wet clothes for too long. After Toon Lagoon, we plan to head back to the hotel for a rest and maybe some pool time.

Right now, the plan is to go back to IOA for the rest of the day, with a break for dinner at Margaritaville (Kellan’s a huge Jimmy Buffet fan). We might switch it up and go over to US for the afternoon instead. It’s something we’ll decide when we get there.

Day 3
Our US day! We plan to spend the day at US, have lunch at Bubba Gump and dinner somewhere in the park. We definitely want to ride Jaws,

Men in Black,

The Mummy

and Rip, Ride, Rockit.

If we went to US the evening before, we’ll head over to IOA to see Potterland in the evening. This will probably be an earlier night because I want to be all packed up and ready to go to Disney the next morning!

I am a huge Joss Whedon fan so I love Firefly but I must admit Buffy is my first, true love. :goodvibes Congrats on your wedding! I absolutely loved the locket, very sweet.

I am a huge Joss Whedon fan so I love Firefly but I must admit Buffy is my first, true love. :goodvibes Congrats on your wedding! I absolutely loved the locket, very sweet.

For me it's Firefly, Angel, then Buffy. My husband is Firefly, Buffy, Angel. Lol.

I LOVE all the personal touches in your wedding. Although my wedding was almost 17 years ago, my nephew and os adorable fiance are getting married next June so my interest in weddings has been renewed, LOL.

Love the parasols and the wedding cake toppers. My neice just graduated culinary school and is starting her cake career-I am going to send her a pic of your cake if you do not mind. It is a great example of elegant and personal!!

I LOVE all the personal touches in your wedding. Although my wedding was almost 17 years ago, my nephew and os adorable fiance are getting married next June so my interest in weddings has been renewed, LOL.

Love the parasols and the wedding cake toppers. My neice just graduated culinary school and is starting her cake career-I am going to send her a pic of your cake if you do not mind. It is a great example of elegant and personal!!

I love weddings. If it didn't mean dealing with crazy brides, I would so be a wedding coordinator. Lol. Go right ahead and send the pic. It was white cake inside with chocolate ganache and fresh strawberry filling. The outside was white butter cream (It was supposed to be light green! Grr...) with piped cherry blossom branches and purple gum paste cherry blossoms, in case she wants the details. Lol.

We are going on our honeymoon in only 14 DAYS!:jumping1:

Since we're only 14 days out, I'm just going to post my spreadsheet itinerary instead of going day by day. It's in three parts.
Days 1-5:

Days 6-9:

Days 10-13:

Everything looks great! I love the spreadsheets, but my parents would go crazy if I did that for our trip!!

Everything looks great! I love the spreadsheets, but my parents would go crazy if I did that for our trip!!

Lol. You should see the spreadsheet I created when were trying to figure out where we were going to have our wedding.

Oh, that is awesome that you guys are doing Potter! I thought about trying to do a few nights too, but decided against it. We only live a couple of hours away so it isn't like we'll never be back. Plus we're thinking about doing Halloween Horror Nights for my birthday anyhow.

Love the spreadsheet idea! The fiance has been a peach during the planningg process and he even got an account here on theDIS. I wonder how he would react to a spreadsheet :scratchin

Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Oh, that is awesome that you guys are doing Potter! I thought about trying to do a few nights too, but decided against it. We only live a couple of hours away so it isn't like we'll never be back. Plus we're thinking about doing Halloween Horror Nights for my birthday anyhow.

Love the spreadsheet idea! The fiance has been a peach during the planningg process and he even got an account here on theDIS. I wonder how he would react to a spreadsheet :scratchin

Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

MY DH would love to do HHN, but I'm certain I'm too big a chicken for it. I hate when there's the possibility of people touching me (even though I know they don't) in haunted houses.

The spreadsheet idea came from SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE, who was also my inspiration for doing this PTR. Lol. She's got spreadsheets for everything it's amazing. My DH keeps picking on me that planning for a Disney trip is worse than planning for the wedding was. :laughing:

Just a quick update to say that we're only 9 days away! Yay!

On the not so yay side, I woke up this morning with a raging earache and a sore throat on the left side of my head. I went to the walk-in, just to be sure it wasn't something like strep :scared1:, but the doctor assured me it's just a cold. So hopefully it'll be gone quickly.

Trip-wise, we're pretty much done preparing. I'm gonna start packing later this week (Kellan made fun of me for trying to start packing last week). My parents' are bringing a couple of things from their house for us next weekend and then we'll be set. The plan is for my mom and dad to come to our house to celebrate mom's birthday (and our kittens' b-day) and then dad's going to stay to take us to the airport and bring the cats back to their place, while mom goes back to work on Monday.

I am so excited!

I hope you are feeling better :goodvibes at least it's before Disney and not while you are there!

I hope you are feeling better :goodvibes at least it's before Disney and not while you are there!

I am, thank you. The cold didn't last very long at all.

On another note, we're only one day and a some hours away! Yay!:cool1:

I've been reading along, and I'm so excited for you both! Congrats, and have a great time. Coronado rocks, doesn't it? I consider it my "home" resort as well...
ENJOY! :thumbsup2

I've been reading along, and I'm so excited for you both! Congrats, and have a great time. Coronado rocks, doesn't it? I consider it my "home" resort as well...
ENJOY! :thumbsup2

I do love Coronado. Something about the theme and the layout really appeals to me. And the Pepper Market is one of the better resort food courts I've eaten at.

The dishes are washed, the laundry is done, the car is packed. We're getting our kitties ready for their trip to my parents' house and then we'll be off to the airport! We've checked the weather and we're currently looking at 40-60% chance of rain every day, but it's Florida in the summer so that's not a surprise. I just hope the rain holds off for Wednesday and Thursday this week. Universal's not much fun in the rain, since almost everything closes. I'll post a link to the TR on the first post here when we get back and I get it started. :cutie: Thanks everyone for reading along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter