~ Kate Plus Eight ~

I watched last night...thought Kate's outfits were awful. I find it a little startling that she is comfortable with her whole top open like that. I couldn't imagine being comfortable especially while taking care of my children. The shoes were unbelievable. And then for her to complain that her legs hurt, imagine how her 6 year olds felt.
I also thought she took the backseat a lot and let the other woman (Jamie?) just be left with them ie. the boat, the restaurant, the stores. She just seemed like the kids were there, not like she was responsible for them.

I thought the same. Those shoes..and the halter top.:confused: What was she thinking? I'm sorry but that was totally inappropriate for the trip they had planned. There's a time and place..and that wasn't it.:sad2:
Let me flash this forward just a few years (maybe two or three..) and one of her twin girls wants to dress like this. Wonder how'd she feel about that?
They take their cue from you mom...:rolleyes1
It's not Dancing With The Stars...it's a trip with your kids to the Statue of Liberty. She looked like a hoochie mama. (****'s falling out the side of her halter. :confused3....It was neither appropriate attire, nor was it flattering. She looked like a middle aged mom who doesn't know it.

:confused3 I'm surprised people still want to watch her on TV.....aren't her 15 minutes up yet?

I guess not as long as some do enjoy the show, and are interested in seeing how her upcoming show does. Somehow she has managed to give her self a lot longer than the 15 minutes other 'no name celebrities' have been able to hold onto.

There are lots of things on TV that I wonder why people watch (and let their kids watch along with them :scared1:)..which is why they have the saying, different strokes for different folks. Some of the shows talked about on the Dis I would never watch, but I don't care if others do, and discuss them.

Okay, I read the "handwritten extortion notes" and all it looked like was notes that he took during conversations with lawyers. It's mostly about how they split up the money. All along Jon was making accusations that Kate was hiding money in all of these accounts and it wasn't getting separated equally. It even says "24 hours to give me 50K or 100k or I go to the DA" - not CPS. Hailey is just trying to get money out of RadarOnline.

The kicker is towards the end he keeps writing "a ** hole" - which is a term most people use towards men, not women. Like he was referring to Kate's lawyer's demands. There is even a part like he wrote down to show his lawyer that Kate was lying about having to do laundry "Judy folds the laundry and Carla puts it away."

The notes are interesting read though. I wonder if there is another Steve, or if Steve the bodyguard is really the other signature on the trust (I'm assuming the kids' trust?) of $900,000.

:confused3 I'm surprised people still want to watch her on TV.....aren't her 15 minutes up yet?

Well, the ratings for Kate Plus Eight are plummeting. 1.6 million for this latest episode, which means the show lost yet another million viewers. I would have expected the Emmy appearance to have given it the ratings a boost, but that did not happen. I think people are losing interest.

Does anyone know whether and when Twist of Kate will start airing? I haven't seen any ads for it.

I don't know if all the notes are shown..they said the DA one was in addition to Haley talking about Jon saying he would report Kate for injuring Mady's arm to CPS. That stuff is used a lot in divorce cases.
I have no idea who he is calling names (I never thought of that as just a name called a guy), but it looks like Kate is who he was mad at in the notes. He wanted money, and she wasn't handing it over to him.
I hope that large sum in the kids trust.

I'm just glad for the most part they aren't together, and I hope Jon does spend time with the kids. The show seems to be doing fine for a cable show, ratings are about where a show like this would be on cable according to places where they are talking about it. The kids are getting older, so I assume there will be less and less interest in them. Like other shows, as interest wans, it will go away. I hope Kate and the kids have a nice nestegg.

Okay, I read the "handwritten extortion notes" and all it looked like was notes that he took during conversations with lawyers. It's mostly about how they split up the money. All along Jon was making accusations that Kate was hiding money in all of these accounts and it wasn't getting separated equally. It even says "24 hours to give me 50K or 100k or I go to the DA" - not CPS. Hailey is just trying to get money out of RadarOnline.

The kicker is towards the end he keeps writing "a ** hole" - which is a term most people use towards men, not women. Like he was referring to Kate's lawyer's demands. There is even a part like he wrote down to show his lawyer that Kate was lying about having to do laundry "Judy folds the laundry and Carla puts it away."

The notes are interesting read though. I wonder if there is another Steve, or if Steve the bodyguard is really the other signature on the trust (I'm assuming the kids' trust?) of $900,000.

Kate pops in at about the 1:00 mark, but it in it throughout after. Best opening to Emmys ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjkDxlhleN8

Loved the opening, and I missed the Emmy's.

I missed Monday's show too. I completely forgot. Just remembered The American Pickers were on the History Channel. I was going to watch the re-run later that evening, but I forgot.

I saw that the Gosselins went to Alaska this summer too.

I saw that the Gosselins went to Alaska this summer too.

For the love of God, let's hope for this trip Kate decided to wear a coat and cover up the girls. I really don't want to know if she was cold.:rolleyes1
:rotfl:

I watched the show this morning. I agree with pp about her shoes and the ice cream. Let's get real, you are a mom of 8 and going sight seeing in NYC. Wear sneakers !!! Comfy shoes!! I also looked at the melted ice cream and said to DD doesn't she know better? They will put them in cups with the cones, then no mess!! :confused3 Maybe a producer thought it would look better/funnier on TV?

I thought it was funny that she didn't know what dim sum was, well she thought it was the name of the restaurant!! LOL!! We do Dim Sum all the time, DD was watching and going yumm...I want that. She knows the chinese names for them too, the pork buns are called Cha Su Bow (spelling it the way it sounds). The shrimp dumplings are called Ha gow, my DS favorite! I am hoping we go this Sunday...it is only a weekend thing at the restaurant by us. I would love to try it in Chinatown though.

If you guys ever have a chance to try Dim Sum...go for it!

Just watched. I agree...her choice of clothing was not practical. And the Green Lady Day was not flattering, the other days weren't as bad to me but I just got back from WDW and it was ****s ****s everywhere!!

I felt like it was almost just too hot for them to enjoy this trip. I was surprised at how crowded it seemed at the Statue.

The kids seemed to enjoy mom *driving* the boat.

I can't say I enjoyed watching this episode like Discovery Cove or the chickens. I want to see Bald Head Island and Alaska though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter