• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kate and Seth's 10th Anniversary vow renewal at Shades of Green

fairyprincessmom

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

Well we finally bite the bullet and committed to a day March 6th 2011. It is the week of our 10th anniversary.

A little about us...and I promise to make it short and sweet. My hubby and I met at work 11years ago. It was a quick engagement and we eloped. Not everyone was happy about it but it was the best choice for us. Shortly after getting married I found out I was pregnant with my daughter.

Kallie was born and three years later we moved to Florida from Massachusetts. We needed a fresh start. Shortly after moving we found out that we were expecting a son. Not the best timing but he was well worth the struggle-it was a very rough pregnancy.

Presently my husband is deployed to Iraq and will be home in time for our 10th anniversary so we are having a real wedding. I want to have that moment with him, we have a few pics from when we eloped but I really want those memories and of course an excuse to buy a dress. :rotfl:

We have decided on Shades of Green and are having a intimate ceremony at the gazebo. It will give a little bit of Disney magic without the Disney price. I will add to my journal as we make decisions.

Kate:bride:

I have started my dress journey, well online atleast. I have no idea what style or look I want....my wedding is daytime outdoor wedding so a huge ballgown seems like it would be out of place but I am going to go with what feels right.

Kate:bride

So we finally have a plan, well sort of......we are renewing our vows at 1pm on March 6th and that night we are going to do a fireworks cruise on the Grand 1 yacht. I figured out the 180 mark and hopefully we can get the date. I won't know for sure until Sept. I hate waiting I would like everything planned and done with but I guess I have to wait.

Welcome from another VR bride!!
We are renewing our vows on May 4 2011 at the Swan. We are hoping to follow up with dinner and Citrico's and a cruise on the Grand 1 complete with desserts. It is so frustrating waiting to make those all important phone calls at the 180 day mark isn't it!!!
Good luck with all your planning!!

Thanks ladies, planning has been fun but it is a bit stressful. We didn't have a big wedding the first time so this is all new to me. Bonny at Shades of Green has been great. That 180 day thing is a pain when you are trying to plan but I am dealing :rotfl:

Is feeling frustrated with planning today....grrrrrrr!!

I received an email confirming my officant then they emailed back that they were booked. I guess the person who confirmed with me didn't check the date....:headache:

Then my hair and makeup recommendation also emailed me and they are booked so I am back to square one on two things.

:sad2: This simple wedding is getting complicated.

We are confirmed with Rev Jack Day. He is so sweet. I chatted with him on the phone and within a day he mailed our vow renewal kit. Moving in the right direction now. :yay:

Maybe this will all fall into place....:cloud9:

Hello!

I was a Shades of Green bride!

Good luck with everything, your plans sound great so far!

My best friend had a DFTW 9 years ago, she had Rev. Jack. He is wonderful! Very personable. I think you will be pleased.

That's good to know that he can go to SOG. I am keeping that in my planning notes.

My husband doesn't want to wear his class A's or dress blues if he can get away with it, but I am a sucker for it. Are you doing uniform or no?

Good Luck!

My best friend had a DFTW 9 years ago, she had Rev. Jack. He is wonderful! Very personable. I think you will be pleased.

That's good to know that he can go to SOG. I am keeping that in my planning notes.

My husband doesn't want to wear his class A's or dress blues if he can get away with it, but I am a sucker for it. Are you doing uniform or no?

Good Luck!

We are doing the intimate wedding package and part of the package is the officiant. They have three choices for who can do your wedding, you can request a certain one or they will pick. We were thrilled to get Rev Jack.

My hubby had no desire to wear the dress blues, he is wearing a suit. I love the uniform too.

Did you book this through Disney. I would love to do a renewal with just DH
and our girls. The packages through Disney are just more than we need and way more than I want to spend.

I will try to answer everyones questions in one try

The package was booked through Shades of Green, you can add some disney benefits like characters if you want and I am sure there are more if you do a full wedding.

The package is for 14 people including bride and groom
and it includes: venue, wedding officiant, photography, flowers, single tier weddig cake and champagne toast

Like the Disney wedding there are a few choices for each one I am sure you could upgrade things but we didn't

It has been very simple SO FAR :woohoo:

My simple little vow renewal is growing, ALL of my family and husbands are planning on coming down. Wasn't expecting everyone to travel. Plus my inlaws invited friends. Yes even invited them to my vow renewal. They asked the hubby, who is deployed, and has no clue about wedding stuff and of course he said sure. Now we have too many people for the vow renewal package, we have to upgrade, which also means upgrading my budget. Grrrrr.

Hi! I just found your vr report!

My hubby and I are looking at doing the Shades of green renewal for our 10th, which is June 2nd. He just sprung this on me a week ago, and I don't even have a clue where to begin for planning!

I want to do the package, but really, all we want is the minister, the flowers, and the venue. I don't like their photography, we don't want a cake or the champagne, as we are doing something at a different location. I am wondering if I can get those deleted and get a lower price....

How did you go about booking and finding availability? Their website says that you can have the ceremony at any location on the resort. Does anyone know if there are any really pretty gardens?

Maybe we can plan together! lol

My hubby and I are looking at doing the Shades of green renewal for our 10th, which is June 2nd. He just sprung this on me a week ago, and I don't even have a clue where to begin for planning!

I want to do the package, but really, all we want is the minister, the flowers, and the venue. I don't like their photography, we don't want a cake or the champagne, as we are doing something at a different location. I am wondering if I can get those deleted and get a lower price....

How did you go about booking and finding availability? Their website says that you can have the ceremony at any location on the resort. Does anyone know if there are any really pretty gardens?

Are you following me? :lmao:

Bonnie Bailey at the SOG is great, she has been easy to deal with, gives good advice and has dealt with all my "issues" planning. I don't think she will have any problem making a package that works for you.

If you go to the SOG website, it has a section for weddings and events. It shows the intimate package but prices for everything individually is through Bonnie.

As for sites, we are doing our renewal at the gazebo but the offered they patio and a terrace as alternatives. There may be more but I am not sure.

We are doing our ceremony at the gazebo then small lunch reception on the patio.

Let me know any other questions you have? Happy planning!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter