• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kashmir104's Couture PJ (p.1) & TR (p.28): WP/CR~1/3/09* 5/6: Highlights Video p.30

I love that you are sharing this with us. I love the Simply Chic wedding. Can I ask you. Where is the actually ceremony? The WP? Is it part of the whole look?

I'd also love to know what made you guys decide not to have the new, less-expensive MK wedding! popcorn::

jasonandlisa- I’ll definitely have a lot to share. I hope you will be patient with me because my wedding is so far away and I will probably just get more info here and there for the time being and have more to say as we get closer to the date itself!! Please stay tuned!popcorn::

Princessdisneybell- For the Couture Collection, you can choose to have a Wishes ceremony or a Couture one (you just can’t have a Couture ceremony and a Wishes reception- that was a question I asked the first time around!) I choose to have the Couture Ceremony because I wanted the décor to flow nicely. Once I decided on the Simply Chic styled reception, it was hard for me to pass up that look for the ceremony as well. It’s in the Wedding Pavillion, which I’m really happy about. If I couldn’t have the ceremony in the MK park, then it was definitely going to be there (I think it is sooooo pretty even though I’ve really only seen it from pictures on here and from the monorail!) The Simply Chic Couture ceremony was described by Kristi Davis as being all white with a few touches of celadon and chartreuse here and there. I have not actually seen pictures, and, in fact, David Tutera has yet to finish the designs for the ceremonies, but I’ll let you know as soon as I hear something. I’m supposed to be getting an initial “description” of the ceremony idea in the next few days, so be sure to type it up and share it with you! There is also the option to have the ceremony in a ballroom at the Contemporary. That’s a bit too much Contemporary for me. I rather break up the day a bit. I went on David’s actual website and saw a few pictures of a ballroom turned into a chapel and it was really pretty… actually quite stunning! Still, not the same intimacy and romantic feel as the WP (in my opinion), and since I was having such an elaborate reception, I did not want the ceremony to out-shine it, but instead just be a preview of what is yet to come

If you go to David Tutera’s homepage: http://www.davidtutera.com/tuteramain.html
Then click on “photo gallery” followed by “Contemporary” listed under the Wedding Heading, then you can see the pictures of what I imagine the ceremony option in the Contemporary ballroom will resemble. He also has some great photos of the Disney Dream Wedding. I cannot wait to see what the actual Couture collection ceremony inside the WP will look like!

Lurkyloo- Here’s your answer as to why I decided not to have the MK ceremony:

First “Real Question Call” with Kristi Davis: In the beginning of March, I called Kristi so I could ask her a bunch of questions about the MK Ceremony option and the Couture Collection. I was sooo excited about the MK Ceremony, especially because on the website it described the Wishes Collection as the way you can customize your wedding day so if you want you can “get married in front of Cinderella’s castle by candlelight.” Well that sounded perfect to me, but the description of the MK ceremony only said the morning. So I asked if we could do a nighttime wedding. I was definitely bummed to find out that the MK wedding starts before/at 8am! This was the only option. Now I’m not a morning person, and as much as I LOVE Disney, I don’t know if I could get up at 3am to start getting ready… even on my wedding day! (When I look at pictures of myself at character breakfasts I always chuckle because my eyes are so puffy with the first few characters and start to look normal by the end of the meal. Nonetheless, I did not want that problem on my wedding day!!) :laughing: Then I started thinking about my wedding party getting up that early too and I was afraid that everyone would be cranky by the end of the day after being up for so long! On top of that, I always dreamed of a very dressy, “black-tie” wedding at night with a really nice and fancy dinner. My mom and I would crack up as we pictured people eating filet or lobster and the “chipper chicken” with wedding cake (made out of pancakes perhaps?) and fancy alcoholic drinks at 10am in black (or navy blue “Armani”) “tuxhados”! (Pronunciations from Father of the Bride, one of my fav movies (especially since I’m getting married). My mom and I go on and on about chipper chicken and vhail all the time!:rotfl2: ) Plus, Kristi told me that regular park guests are not actually in the park at the start of your ceremony, but they will come in by the end (on the mornings that MK opens at 9am, but they always start letting people in at like 8:30ish, but barrier off the different lands until 9am). To me that was like having way too many uninvited wedding guests because you know that they will ALL come running towards your wedding to check it out (because, honestly, I know I would if I was there and saw a wedding going on!) Then I asked her about Cinderella’s Coach (which has been my dream since I was little), but they only let you use the horse drawn carriage. That wouldn’t work either. :sad2: The kicker was the maximum number of people allowed. Kristi said only 52, including the bride and the groom. I realize that both DF’s family and my family will be traveling for our wedding so we would not have as many as we would have back home, but we expect to have a decent size crowd (especially since DF’s mom is #13 of 13 brothers and sisters!!). Our wedding party alone is approx. 30 people when you count their significant others as well (I had to figure that out since we are having an Illuminations rehearsal dinner and dessert party the night before the wedding with only the people in our wedding party (and their gf/bf/spouses). That only left DF and I to invite 10 more people each! :headache: It just wasn’t going to work at all. So we had to think about sacrificing friends and family for Cinderella’s castle or picking a different location/type. We chose the different location/type instead, and I justified my decision because the main reason I wanted that ceremony was for the pictures with the castle in the background and the magic and glamour of having it by the castle, but I can also have that with the MK Photo Package and all will be well (Plus I’m fairly certain that the Couture part fulfills my glamour fantasy!)

Kristi also gave me some pricing info on the Couture Collection during this call (it was not posted on DFTW’s website at the time). She said the reception was at the Contemporary and had a $45,000 décor add on and a $250/per person food package. She didn’t tell me how many people that was for (come to find out it’s only for 50 and the décor price increases when you add more). At the time, it fit within my budget (the price for 50 people that is) and so I began to fall in love with the photos and video of the décor online… I started thinking of the green orchids and white calla lilies and knew that it was something that if I passed on the opportunity to have I would regret it…

Unfortunately, once I found out that the décor price increases (25% I believe) for every 50 people you add (DF and I set the max at 100) I was a bit worried because I already fell in love with this style of wedding, it was hard for me to imagine not having it because it no longer fit well within our budget. DF and I talked it over and decided just to save our $$ a bit more, pray he gets a few larger bonuses here and there, and go for it because we want to make it a once in a lifetime experience for ourselves as well as our guests.

At this point I think we need to adopt Houie, Douie, and Louie so we can become close kin to Uncle Scrooge McDuck and inherit his $$! :idea:

Can anyone tell me how to update/change the title of my thread? I don't know how to change it or put "updated" in it... :confused3

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for your help!!! :teacher: I'm still learning how to use all the goodies on the board!

YAY!!!!!!!!! :banana: Just got an email from my coordinator, Kristi, with our contract attached!!!!! I'm soooooooooo excited!!! Plus, DF is out on the East Coast visiting me this weekend. Everything worked out perfectly because now we can both sign it together in person :goodvibes This definitely makes my day!

I'm swamped at work, so I can't say much, but a quick glance at our contract it looks like our confirmed events are:

1/2/2009: Rehearsal Dinner, 7-9:30pm at Italy Isola for 30 people
1/2/2009: Rehearsal Dinner Backup, 7-9:30pm at Epcot (TBD I imagine??) for 30 people
1/3/2009: Wedding Ceremony, 5:30-7pm at the Wedding Pavilion for 100 people (Ceremony to start at 6pm)
1/3/2009: Wedding Pre-Reception, 7-8pm at the Contemporary Resort Nutcracker 3 room and Courtyard for 100 people
1/3/2009: Wedding Reception, 8pm-12am at the Contemporary Resort Nutcracker Rooms 1 and 2 for 100 people

I'll let you know more when I have time this weekend to look over the details. I'm just sooooooooooo happy!!

I think it's starting to hit me now... I'm really getting married!! :dance3:

I just realised Courtney, you are getting married a day before my birthday! :teeth:

Everything sounds wonderful :) Are you going to go for a planning session?

I just realised Courtney, you are getting married a day before my birthday! :teeth:

Everything sounds wonderful :) Are you going to go for a planning session?

aww yay!!!! A layer of my cake will be dedicated as "Hayley's Early Birthday Cake"!! :goodvibes

We are thinking we'll have our "planning session" sometime in July 2008. So we have a while to wait. We will be going down to have our site visit the first weekend in Sept and I'm really excited about that! I've seen the Contemporary before, but not the WP or the actually Contemporary Convention Center. The best part about getting the contract is just knowing that the date is secured!!

That's great that you got the date you wanted! :teeth:

I bet you can't wait for the site visit! I really want to see the Wedding Pavillion too :) I think on our down day we'll visit the Grand Floridian just to have a nosy and I'll try and persuade DBF to walk over to the WP. Until recently I never knew it was on a little island - I don't know why I thought there was a little bridge over to it! But it makes it a lot more beautiful IMO :)

I saw someone's wedding TR where the bride had a room in the GF the night before overlooking the WP, and it was really nice as when she woke in the morning she could look out the window and think 'i'm getting married there today!'

Hi Everyone!

I’m sorry it’s been so long since I have updated my planning journal, but when you’re planning an event that is still over 19 months away, things kind of move rather slowly!!!!

In any case, I thought I would bring you all up to date with where I am right now.

Back in March, I had another Q&A session with Kristi Davis my site coordinator and she answered more of my questions. The first was what is included in the package… she said the cocktail hour, bar, DJ, food (that is customized with the Contemporary Chef team), wedding cake, and decorations (The Couture Collection Website has since been updated to list out what is included… and it’s surprisingly a lot!) I’m especially glad that the DJ, bar, and the cake are all included. That saves some $$! :yay:

Another question I had was how to get a hold of some marketing materials for the Couture Collection. While the photos and video on the DFTW’s website are nice, I wanted pictures I could look at in person and any other marketing material they could send me. Another reason I wanted this was because my Grandma still uses dial-up for her internet and it would take her FOREVER and a day to look at the DFTW website on her computer! Kristi was sooo helpful and able to send me pictures of the décor as well as an info packet with descriptions of the collection, ceremony, and reception! Granted, the info is not in an official DFTW marketing book or anything, but just having them in our possession to share with friends and family has been so great! :thumbsup2

For anyone that is interested, I’d like to share with you the descriptions of the ceremony and reception, as well as the sample food menus that I received...

From description #1:
Simply Chic

Clean…sleek…and modern…are the perfect words to describe this stylish wedding design. This wedding will take your breath away with its unique design elements. On the outside, you will be surrounded by the magic of Disney, but this Couture Wedding Collection by David Tutera will allow you and your guests to feel as if you have stepped into a swanky hot spot in a metropolitan city.

The ceremony will be designed with crisp lines. Tall Lucite towers filled with rose petals displaying floating pillar candles will line the aisle leading to the ceremony. The ends of the pews will be dressed with chic white fabricated pew caps that will add to the understated elegance of this wedding collection. Flowers will be primarily white with touches of soft celadon green and hints of chartreuse green.

When guests enter into this wedding they will immediately be transformed into another space. Walls of white pleated fabric will dress the entire ballroom. A fashion forward material of white piatte discs will be used as the overlay table cloths with matching chair backs. This is a more sexy and tailored design. All Lucite and glass containers will be used to display the flowers. The floral arrangements will be created as pieces of art rather than traditional flower centerpieces. Lucite runners will be filled with water, floating candles and floating flowers heads. Tall Lucite towers will display one of kind floral creations. Round glass bowls will be filled with spiraling white calla lilies and more are just hints of what will be designed on the guest’s tables. The combination of long dining tables with round tables will add to this modern wedding collection.

Suspended over head will be an abundance of white lanterns, and sleek candelabras will make the room feel more intimate. Oversized large mirrors with illuminated pedestals will be placed around the room adding depth and reflection. This hip yet chic wedding collection design will surely create a “Wow!” factor and will create everlasting memories for all those that attend.

From description #2:
Disney’s Couture Wedding Collection by David Tutera: Simply Chic

This wedding collection is all about sleek modern lines combined with the soft elements of flowers and fabrics to make this design truly one of a kind. I designed this wedding collection to be about being chic, looking chic, and feeling chic. That is why Simply Chic will be perfect for your Big Day!

Imagine walking into you wedding and seeing sleek Lucite, glass, and Asian inspired lanterns throughout. These are just some of the elements that help create this striking collection. I created a look that allows the room’s lighting to change color throughout the progression of the party. The surprise of frequently changing color brings your guests into the wedding design, therefore, becoming interactive participants and not the expected passive guests.

The entire room will be draped from ceiling to floor with a simple white pleated fabric allowing the room to have a clean canvas throughout. The tables will be a combination of round guest tables and long rectangular tables. This is a fantastic way to create a more artistic and eclectic look to the overall space. All the tables will be dressed with floor length white table cloths. The tables will then be topped with a white piatte overlay that is very fashion forward. The white ballroom chairs will be graced with fitted white piatte full length chair backs adding a wonderful detailed look to the table details. White cushions will add the finishing touch.

The designs on the tables will be never before seen creations. Long custom Lucite runners filled with water, floating candles and floating flower heads will be seen in the center of the long rectangular tables. Exploding from the runners will be glass cylinders also filled with water and floating candles and displaying stunning floral pieces of art. Tall Lucite towers will be placed in the centers of the round tables allowing for a unique architectural floral creation of white and soft green to be displayed on top. Numerous candles and flowers will accent the base of the Lucite tower. Guests will truly appreciate this floral art displayed throughout your wedding.

Place settings to me are the final splash of paint on your canvas when planning your wedding. Each guest’s place setting will be as sleek as the room design. Streamlined glassware and flatware as well as lustrous white china will complete the look. The folds of the napkins will even be tailored to match the overall look of Simply Chic.

Large mirrors positioned around the ballroom will reflect the shimmering surfaces of glass and Lucite throughout the room. This will also allow the space to have a larger look. Displayed on the surface of each mirror will be an abundance of votive candles that truly look as if they are floating. Positioned to the sides of each mirror will be illuminated pedestals of frosted white glass and brushed silver, displaying large silver candelabras.

To add a final nod towards uniqueness and style an abundance of white lanterns will be suspended throughout the ceiling to create a more intimate look for your wedding celebration. The lanterns of various sizes will look like bubbles floating throughout the air over the heads of all your guests. Now remember the room has been created in primarily all white, so I can make your wedding come alive in lighting of any color. Is pink your favorite color? Or maybe red is your favorite color. Well it doesn’t matter because I can change the look and mood of your décor in a split second. Guests can enter your wedding celebration to an ethereal look of all white and then thirty minutes later the room can be pink, and yes thirty minutes later again your room can be a sexy red. The lighting colors are limitless.

Your guests will certainly feel as if they have experienced a one of a kind wedding celebration. The Disney team and I will turn your Fantasy Wedding into a reality with my Simply Chic collection.

Here are some of the pictures that Kristi sent to me. They aren’t the best quality because we don’t have a scanner at home, so I just took pictures of the pictures... eh, I tried! :rolleyes1

This is a picture of the original design of the collection:
picture1372.jpg

A great picture of one of the many “artistic” centerpieces as well as table settings:
picture1392.jpg

More floral art (I never thought of them as art before, but giving them a dual purpose makes me feel not as badly about using so many flowers!!)
picture1412.jpg

picture1422.jpg

One of the long rectangular tables with the Lucite runner with tall glass towers:
picture1432.jpg

Example photo of the bar (I think anyway?):
picture1442.jpg

Another view of the place settings… and oh look! It’s me and Eric… except that bride has brown hair (not blonde) and he definitely doesn’t have any Indian heritage!
picture1462.jpg

More table art. I like this one because you can see the lanterns too. I think it’s pretty cool that those flowers look like they are floating:
picture1482.jpg

Another view… I love the table settings with the orchids. I can’t wait to find out if that’s extra or on every place setting, and if so, if we can maybe add some deep orange orchids too to compliment our other color:
picture1492.jpg

More floral décor:
picture1512.jpg

Another view of the place settings on the tables:
picture1522.jpg

mmm…. Food!!!!!! You can even see the beef on a fork (I’ll post the sample menu they gave in a little while)
picture1532.jpg

You can see the reflection of the room in this photo of one of the mirrors:
picture1542.jpg

After staring at this photo for a while, I finally figured out that it is supposed to be a sample of a bride’s bouquet and groom’s boutonnière! I think they look soooo pretty! I’m thinking I’ll incorporate more orange into my bouquet to compliment our accent color more, but I still think the photo is a great:
picture1552.jpg

This is my favorite picture because it shows how the entire collection just sparkles all over!!!!
picture1502.jpg

An overview of the entire room:
picture1472.jpg

Well I hope you enjoyed this little update! I can't tell you how excited I was to learn that the lighting will change color throughout the entire event! Very cool!! When I have more time later tonight I will also post the sample menus they sent me (once I get a fancy French dictionary to figure out what each dish is! :rotfl: ) and also post a few other ideas DF and I have.

Hope you will stay tuned!! popcorn::

Everything is SOOOOOO beautiful!!! Can I come? :lmao:
The Contemporary is my favorite WDW resort, but those ballrooms on their own are a little, shall we say, dated? It's almost hard to believe it's the same room!!! What a magnificent transformation! Lucky!!!! :goodvibes
Please do keep us posted!!!

absolutly stunning!!!
i think that will be woundeful!

IS their prices available on the dftw site?

can i upgrade a custome to a cuture??

Everything is SOOOOOO beautiful!!! Can I come? :lmao:
The Contemporary is my favorite WDW resort, but those ballrooms on their own are a little, shall we say, dated? It's almost hard to believe it's the same room!!! What a magnificent transformation! Lucky!!!! :goodvibes
Please do keep us posted!!!

LOL :rotfl2: marywdw- I cannot help but agree! I've seen the convention center at the contemporary before and it sort of looks... stuck in the 80's? DF hasn't seen it (I think the only part of the Contemporary he saw was Chef Mickey's), so I hope he's not discouraged when we have out site visit. Who would've guessed that the place really does "clean up good" ;)

cant wait to hear more!

aww thanks! I'm glad people are excited to hear about it!!

absolutly stunning!!!
i think that will be woundeful!

IS their prices available on the dftw site?

can i upgrade a custome to a cuture??

sunsh1ne- I think you can probably upgrade?? Course I have no clue, but I figure with Disney anything is possible! You can see the pricing info on the DFTW Couture Collection site. How many people are you thinking of having? I know for 50 guests the price is basically $45,000 for the reception decor (includes venue, flowers, tables, place setting details, DJ, draping the room, lighting, linens, and any other decorations) and the food and beverage min. is $250/person, but the cake and the bar is included. What is also pretty cool is that they will custom design the menu for your tastes. I was told by my site coordinator to pay attention to the Food Network Fantasy Wedding show because the chef and team who did the Dream Team Wedding will also be doing mine (and the food looked amazing!!!)

The only downfall of the collection is that it's really expensive... this is why DF and I need 2 years to pay for it. At the same time, we already have a home, furniture, etc, so we don't have to worry about the little things at the start of a marriage that most couples need to watch their pockets for, so we can splurge a little.

I'm having around 100 guests at my wedding, so feel free to PM me if you want some more specific budget estimates for larger groups or anything!!!

Id love to come to!!

hehe Maggie! I'd love for you and Shane to come (DF and Shane can talk cars all night long!) Who knows... maybe you'll get your chance! We have yet to tell DF's parents (although some of the extended family already know), so we'll see how well they handle the news of a Disney Wedding. If they blow their lid, then I'll just have to invite my extended DISboards family instead!

So pretty and elegant! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks AuroraBorealis! I hope you'll keep reading over the next few months!

subscribing...can't wait to read more...

Thanks for subscribing jodeeluvsdisney!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter