• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Karl Holz, Richard Fain, Mickey Arison all confirm shoe limit

testifyoncruises

Mouseketeer
One small little item missed from last week's SeaTrade conference his a small cruise news industry only report today.

Karl Holz, Mickey Arison, and Richard Fain have all confirmed that their respective lines (Disney, Carnival (and their brands), & Royal Caribbean (and their brands) have all instituted a limit of three pairs of shoes per passenger. This is said to help speed up boarding at all embarkation points as the new technology in the scanners is being disrupted by the sheer numbers of shoes passengers are bringing.

As a woman, I find this outrageous, but only NCL is not participating in this new shoe limitation. It is either abide or cruise on a different line.

So I guess one pair of sandals, tennis shoes and some other pair. This applies to everyone. I wonder if water socks are consider shoes or socks? :confused3:confused::sad1:

The real April fools joke is.....I only own 7 pairs of shoes.:confused3

Can a one legged person bring 6 non-pair shoes?

When we were on a Disney cruise we met a nice person with one leg from our state named Bill.

When we were talking about our day over dinner my daughter told about how we met a guy from our home state with one leg named Bill.

The child of the family we were seated with asked “What was the name of his other leg?”

I can see that the kids and I will be going barefoot so that my wife can use our shoe allowance. Lets see, for a 3 night cruise - that's 12 pairs of shoes. I guess she will just have to ship the rest ahead of time.

Clarification: Flip-flops and sandals count as half a pair. So instead of one of your allotted pairs of shoes, you can take two pairs of sandals, or one pair of sandals and one extra regular shoe.

;)

Can a one legged person bring 6 non-pair shoes?

When we were on a Disney cruise we met a nice person with one leg from our state named Bill.

When we were talking about our day over dinner my daughter told about how we met a guy from our home state with one leg named Bill.

The child of the family we were seated with asked “What was the name of his other leg?”

That is hysterical! :rotfl2:

Let's see how that one works. They'll be working harder trying to wrangle shoes from ladies than worrying about their scanners. :littleangel:

lol... forget about people with guns... never ever cross a woman by taking away her shoes! It's more dangerous!

One small little item missed from last week's SeaTrade conference his a small cruise news industry only report today.

Karl Holz, Mickey Arison, and Richard Fain have all confirmed that their respective lines (Disney, Carnival (and their brands), & Royal Caribbean (and their brands) have all instituted a limit of three pairs of shoes per passenger. This is said to help speed up boarding at all embarkation points as the new technology in the scanners is being disrupted by the sheer numbers of shoes passengers are bringing.

As a woman, I find this outrageous, but only NCL is not participating in this new shoe limitation. It is either abide or cruise on a different line.

So I guess one pair of sandals, tennis shoes and some other pair. This applies to everyone. I wonder if water socks are consider shoes or socks? :confused3:confused::sad1:

:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::lmao:

Thank goodness it was only an April fools joke. Just the thought of it. The only way it could get worse is to tell me I can only bring 3 bags! The Horror!!!!

HAHA - loved it and if it were real, I would have to start vacationing in Dillards instead of on the cruise.

Oops, gotta go, I heard there is a shoe sale at Macy's in the morning....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter