• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Karen and Robby's Wishes Wedding - March 16, 2012 - Planning Journal!

Slugger

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! Long time lurker on the Disboards, but I thought I would post up our wedding plans over here! Now Karen has already posted our wedding plans on another forum, but I'm posting it over here as well.

Karen said:
Quick Background
I was a CP (from Ohio) at KSR in Jan 2010, met my now DF (from Alabama) a CP in DHS Parking (same time), got engaged Jan 4, 2011 (about 20ft away from him asking me out of course MK, by partners) called DFTW 2 days later for an appointment, and now about 350 days out from DFTW day!!! March 16, 2012 (we just submitted the contract on Monday!)

Wedding Basics
So we decided almost immediately that it had to be a Wishes wedding. I was looking at 2013 and my DF wanted sooner. He is just so darn impatient Our bridal party is 3BM and 3GM 1MoH and 1BM a FG and RB. Oh and us of course. We booked a 10a on Fri at WP with Cocktail hour and reception at GF from 11-3. My friend from my CP is our photographer, saving us about $1,000. My family friend is doing some silk bouquets so that's saving $500. I will take savings wherever I can! We are expecting about 80 guests (I was shocked that many family and friends said they wanted to come!) and yes, for a 10a wedding we are having an open bar from 12:30p-2:30p. It's 5 o'clock somewhere right?

Honeymoon
We are staying at DAKL for a few days after the wedding as sort of a mini getaway, since we will live 15min from MK. The plan is for a Disney Cruise, but it all depends on work.

I like to type so this should be fun! I am very open to suggestions and questions about the DFTW experience! I hope to post pictures along the way with decisions that get made The only ones I won't post will be dress shopping day. Just because I know that my DF reads these boards sometimes and I don't want him to catch an early look!

Thanks for reading/following and I think this will be a fun year!

-Karen

We have already signed our contract and we should be hearing from the Wedding Planner this week! We are both excited to start planning this wedding and getting everything planned!

We are currently both seasonal cast members moving down to Orlando in the middle of May. We are both set to do the Fall Advantage 2011 College Program, but we are both currently waiting to hear back from the Professional Internships that we have applied for.

I will be updating this thread every so often and Karen might pop in as well. Hope you enjoy reading everything!

-Robby

Congratulations and welcome to the boards!

Can't wait to follow along with your plans. :bride:

Thanks everyone!

We got some good news today! We finally have a wedding planner! Here is what Karen posted earlier.

Karen said:
So I am sitting in class right now and of course posting here! But its because I got the phone call! Mind you right now any Unknown number makes me edgy because I am waiting to hear from Disney about Professional Internships as well as from DFTW about our Wedding Planner. Well, see my phone blinking and its Unknown so I leave class and its Carol! Super excited to get the ball rolling now! She seems wonderful and I am ready for these 6 weeks to fly by so I can move to Florida and we can have a Planning Session in person! She said her assistant Kristi (sp?) is going to E-Mail me more information and a questionnaire. I was just smiling up a storm while I was on the phone and I can't stop! I am super excited to get planning!

Oh and on another note.... I talked to David's Bridal this week and I am set for shopping on April 23rd at 10am! I am really excited because my MOH (who now lives in NYC), my 3 bridesmaids (2 from OH and 1 from MI) and I will all be together! I don't know if I will buy a dress then, but I definitely want to be sized! eeekk! Sooo excited! What a great surprise for a gloomy day (Yes its 40 and raining in Cleveland today) :ROFLOL:

More updates soon!
-K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter