Karate shirt for kids

riley2008

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a kids sized (boys size 8) karate themed tee. I don't really want Karate Kid (the movie).

My boys have really taken to karate and are LOVING it. They have their first belt test in 2 weeks and I'd like to get then a "prize".

Any ideas? - I've checked our usual stores - Children's Place, Target, Walmart

Thanks,

My 2 older boys are in Tae Kwon Do and it is VERY difficult to find those kind of shirts. Would the club you are involved with have any shirts available (or that can be made?). I ordered some logo T's, stocking caps, and hoodies from our local graphics shop (our club chose a neat design) and gave them to the boys for X-mas.
Sorry, no other ideas. A while back Target had ONE T with a martial artist on it that said "Kickin' it old school", but that's all I've ever seen. You could do an on-line search possibly??
Good luck! :thumbsup2 And so glad to hear they are having fun. Good luck at belt testing....very nerve-racking for all of us!

What about a Kung Fu panda shirt or other merchandise? Or even Kung Fu Panda 2 which is coming out very soon. :goodvibes

Or a classic gift for a first belt test is a personalized wall-mounted belt rack where they can hang up their old white belt and have space to display all the ones they'll be earning in the future.

My 2 older boys are in Tae Kwon Do and it is VERY difficult to find those kind of shirts. Would the club you are involved with have any shirts available (or that can be made?). I ordered some logo T's, stocking caps, and hoodies from our local graphics shop (our club chose a neat design) and gave them to the boys for X-mas.
Sorry, no other ideas. A while back Target had ONE T with a martial artist on it that said "Kickin' it old school", but that's all I've ever seen. You could do an on-line search possibly??
Good luck! :thumbsup2 And so glad to hear they are having fun. Good luck at belt testing....very nerve-racking for all of us!

I've checked at several of the local schools and they all include their logo on their merchandise and they only sell t-shirts to the students that are part of their competitions (I'm guessing they would be considered part of the team uniform.) We're taking through the YMCA for now. Two of the karate schools provide the instructors for the classes. (So, it is cheaper.) I've been surprised at the difficulty of finding something.

Thank for the luck! We are all so excited!

What about a Kung Fu panda shirt or other merchandise? Or even Kung Fu Panda 2 which is coming out very soon. :goodvibes

Or a classic gift for a first belt test is a personalized wall-mounted belt rack where they can hang up their old white belt and have space to display all the ones they'll be earning in the future.

I thought about the belt racks, but wanted to wait on that. The next belt test, if they stick with it, will be close to their birthday. (And they'd be able to store 2 old belts on it!)

Didn't know about KungFu Panda 2! Very Cool! Not sure they'd go for the tee, but definitely the movie!

Darn it can't get the link to work....Miles Kimball has a small black duffle bag, it says karate in "asian-style" print and has silhouettes of two martial artists, and you can get them personalized too. It is big enough to hold a gi and a belt, and my son has been using it to go between home and dojo for quite a while.

My son started karate when he was 5 (he's 8 now), took a break last year, then restarted at a new dojo this year. He's on the small side and it's nice to have a sport where you don't have to be the biggest kid to do well. He just got his blue belt a month ago, and he's over the moon with excitement. Good luck to your sons on their first belt test, I hope they enjoy karate as much as my kiddo:goodvibes

My DS9 is a black tip in Tae Kwon Do-he started when he was 5 and and he is gearing up for his black belt test in the fall:cool1:.

I think it is difficult finding good martial arts gear. We do have the "kicking it old school" shirt that was mentioned, but I think I got it last year.

I make my son these cakes when he passes his tests:

http://www.parenting.com/article/how-to-make-a-martial-arts-jacket-cake

and I change e belt to match what he has just earned.

My DD is 4 and passed her second test last month-hoping to have 2 black belts in our family in a few years!

I thought about the belt racks, but wanted to wait on that. The next belt test, if they stick with it, will be close to their birthday. (And they'd be able to store 2 old belts on it!)

Didn't know about KungFu Panda 2! Very Cool! Not sure they'd go for the tee, but definitely the movie!

Regarding the belt racks, ds8 is a third level junior black belt (he's been going year-round since 4), and I got a shadow box at Michaels for his belts. I started with his second, and he has room for one more. A lot of kids drop out after the third or fourth belt, so wait (there is a push through period, a time when they might want to take a break - my ds continuted, but I know a lot of kids who didn't). Really, they are so pumped after testing, you really don't have to give them anything (because nothing will compare to how testing made them feel).

Regarding the belt racks, ds8 is a third level junior black belt (he's been going year-round since 4), and I got a shadow box at Michaels for his belts. I started with his second, and he has room for one more. A lot of kids drop out after the third or fourth belt, so wait (there is a push through period, a time when they might want to take a break - my ds continuted, but I know a lot of kids who didn't). Really, they are so pumped after testing, you really don't have to give them anything (because nothing will compare to how testing made them feel).

Could you post a picture of the shadow box? My DD9 recently got her junior black belt and we are still trying to figure out how to display her other belts.

Thanks OP for starting this--I had honestly given up on finding anything in kids sizes after finding mostly adult shirts in my searches! Lots of great sites referenced here & I have added them to my favorites. Definitely planning on buying from some of them! :thumbsup2

I too would love to see what the shadow box looks like for belts--I saw some nice belt displays on Amazon but would like to see what others are doing as well. My DS9 is a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do so we are starting a get a good collection going & want to get them on display.

I just wanted to add that even though it can get costly, I truly believe martial arts is one of the best things that we can do for our kids. I am so impressed by the skills they learn that builds them up both mentally & physically. Here's a pat on the back to all of you who are doing this for your kids! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter