kAPALUA Bay Hotel --Maui

tracylb

Earning My Ears
HI,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Kapalua Bay Hotel on Maui using the Concerige Collection? WE have reservations for November and would love to hear from anyone that may have stayed there and what your opinion was.

Hi, Tracylb! Welcome to the boards! :D

I haven't stayed at the Kapalua Bay yet, but hope to some time in the future. I stayed at the other Hawaii resort in the Concierge Collection (Mauna Lani Bay Resort) and it was fabulous.

My guide told me that he took his family to the Kapalua Bay resort, and that they absolutely loved it.

Hopefully someone will respond that HAS stayed there. I'd like to hear about it too!

Hope your trip in November is just wonderful. Happy planning! :)

Kapalua is absolutely gorgeous. It is our favorite resort on Maui. The beach is great and never too crowded and the location is incredible. We have never used our points for a stay but have been there twice.

My Wife and Honeymooned at the Kapalua Bay Hotel this past November. It’s an absolutely fantastic hotel. The grounds are beautiful and the staff was excellent. Plus the beach it’s on (Kapalua Bay) was voted one of the top five in the world by one of the major travel magazines a few years back. (I think it was Conde Nast) It’s a GREAT spot for snorkeling as the water in the bay is very well protected and calm.

The hotel property is adjacent to the Ritz Carlton and both hotels are owned and operated by the same company. They even provide free shuttle vans between the two so that you can visit the different restaurants and shops located on each property. (Our favorite there was The Plantation House. Awesome food and a stunning view of the sunset)

Another great thing is the proximity of the hotel to Lahaina Harbor, which is pretty much the “downtown” area of western Maui. You’ll find a ton of restaurants, shopping and shows located along Front Street, about a 15 minute drive from the hotel.

One last thing, if you do go to Lahaina, you HAVE TO see “Warren & Annabelle’s Magic” This was the BEST thing we did on the island. If you see the brochure or posters for it, it looks sort of cheesy. But the show itself is AMAZING. We’re not big into magicians and magic shows, but this guy was great. And he’s hysterically funny too. Don’t miss it.

We stayed at the Kapalua Bay Hotel last year in June. We have since been to Honolulu and Kauai and have visited several beaches there and absolutely feel that Kapalua was the nicest. We had heard about it and were a little surprised when we got there because it was smaller that we had expected, but once we got over that, and expecially after visiting Waikiki and Poipu, we still feel it's the best.

We stayed 10 nights on points, which we are just now recuperating from, but it was well worth it. We found that most other guests were there for a shorter time. I like not moving and 10 days on one Island is very relaxing.

The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The rooms are a nice size and we had oceanfront rooms so the view was spectacular. Nice size bathrooms and we had two doubles and a sitting area. The furnishings were okay, but not spectacular.

The bell staff was the best! They clued us in that they had small refrigerators for the rooms (I don't think there was a charge). They gave us guide tapes/CD's for the Road to Hana and Haleakala.

We brought our own snorkel gear and even our own beach umbrellas, which was absolutely fine. Be sure to buy some of those little packets of fish food from the beach shack. You'll get some great underwater pictures.

We had the seafood buffet, but felt that it wasn't worth the price. Breakfast was included and was unbelievable. Didn't even need to have lunch!

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter