Kansas DVC-ers?

Did you see on the transportation board that SWA will change the way they handle the ticketless travel funds? New reservations have a disclaimer on it that on Jan 29, 2011, unused travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual on the ticket. I hate that change because I'm usually mixing funds for different family members.

Hope everyone has a Mickey Lovin' Good Day!

LOL I never have any funds!! I keep watching the DING to see if my flights will go down, but they never do.

We have our Feb. trip booked to the world.:cool1: Every trip it seems like the flights are a little higher. When we bought DVC 4 years ago we were flying for around $100-$125 rt. Now I can't seem to find anything under $200 and most are even higher than that. Yikes. We usually fly SW, but maybe it's time to branch out. Anybody else have better luck lately?

We've had really good luck via Airtran from Wichita. They go up and down but we've seen fares under 100.00 each way pretty often over the last couple of years.

Looks like this thread had died a bit, so I am bringing it back. :cool1:

After a two year hiatus we are going back in January. We wanted BLT, but we waited a couple of days too long and are now waitlisted. We are currently at WLV. So, either way we will be experiencing a new resort.

I just read in the Orlando BUsiness Journal today that Southwest Airlines CEO said that they will probably do away with any of the cities that AirTran only flies out of once a day and those cities where they receive subsidies (which includes Wichita). I hope that isn't set in stone and that we can change his thinking!

Anyway, I have reservations on AirTran for me, my daughter, son-in-law, grandaughter (age 9) and grandson (age 6) to go to WDW in October. I also purchased MNSSHP tickets for one evening and plan to surprise the kids. We are splitting our stay (4 days at BWV and 3 days at VWL) so they could get the feel of both places. This will be their first visit and I am SO EXCITED!!!

I just read in the Orlando BUsiness Journal today that Southwest Airlines CEO said that they will probably do away with any of the cities that AirTran only flies out of once a day and those cities where they receive subsidies (which includes Wichita). I hope that isn't set in stone and that we can change his thinking!

Anyway, I have reservations on AirTran for me, my daughter, son-in-law, grandaughter (age 9) and grandson (age 6) to go to WDW in October. I also purchased MNSSHP tickets for one evening and plan to surprise the kids. We are splitting our stay (4 days at BWV and 3 days at VWL) so they could get the feel of both places. This will be their first visit and I am SO EXCITED!!!

Wow... that would really be a bad thing for Wichita. We love Airtran and use it almost exclusively to get back and forth to WDW.

We too are headed to WDW next month and attending MNSSHP. Can't wait to go for the first time. The entire trip is a surprise for our kids and its been pretty hard to keep the secret. Thankfully its getting closer and closer to the day we leave!

Glad to see the Kansans posting! We are currently planning a December trip (Dec. 14-22). So excited to see WDW at Christmas. We are staying at AKV.

We hope to go to MVMCP but the only day that works is 12/18. Since that is the last day of the party I am guessing it will be really busy so I can't decide if we should go. Anybody go that late in December before?

I couldn't believe the flight costs! I knew Dec. would be higher, but yikes. I am paying about $270 rt out of KC.

That will certainly stink if they cut that out. I know my inlaws fly airtran out of Wichita. Though if they are traveling with us, they usually come up to KC and fly out of MCI.

Oh, no! I was really hoping that Southwest would start having more flights out of Wichita once the merge was complete. We usually drive to KC and fly Southwest because it's cheaper and there are more flight times available, but Wichita is certainly closer for us.

So glad I found this thread!
I'm from Derby, Kansas...
We own at Beach Club, Vero Beach, Old Key West, and Kidani.
I'm also hoping for some better fares out of Wichita.
We drove down for the first time last June and had fun, but we took our time...
It would be great to meet some of you members in our area!

Glad you found us! I am from the Johnson county area. We have been OKW owners since 2007. We have a Christmas trip coming up in a little over 60 days and I am so excited. :)

What a fun thread!:thumbsup2 We own at BLT and live in Ottawa, Kansas. We're about 45 minutes south of Kansas City. I noticed this thread was started way back in 2006, so thanks to those who kept it going! We're relatively new owners, and we can't wait for our first DVC trip to get here!

Susan

That is one heck of a drive. Don't think I could do that.

That is one heck of a drive. Don't think I could do that.

It was a long drive but, we stopped along the way for some DIS meets with friends that we've met here on the boards. It really was fun! We both teach so we had plenty of time...
When we go during the school year we don't have the time to drive so we fly but airfare just kills us!

We live in Wichita and always drive. It's just too expensive to fly out of Wichita anymore. We don't mind the drive down. It's coming back that's the hard part. I checked flights in the paper on Sunday and the cheapest fair was $309. For 4 we can drive for much less. We will be making the drive down for Thanksgiving this year. Only 6 more weeks.

We live in Wichita and always drive. It's just too expensive to fly out of Wichita anymore. We don't mind the drive down. It's coming back that's the hard part. I checked flights in the paper on Sunday and the cheapest fair was $309. For 4 we can drive for much less. We will be making the drive down for Thanksgiving this year. Only 6 more weeks.

Wow, that is high! We fly out of Kansas City and usually pay about $200 rt. We are going before Christmas this year and are still only paying about $240 rt. I expected it to be much closer to $300 in Dec. but I guess we got lucky. How long does the drive take you from Wichita?

We would have been thrilled to find flights for $309 when we booked for the nine of us for our Christmas trip. I really hope SWA makes a difference!

Wow, that is high! We fly out of Kansas City and usually pay about $200 rt. We are going before Christmas this year and are still only paying about $240 rt. I expected it to be much closer to $300 in Dec. but I guess we got lucky. How long does the drive take you from Wichita?

It takes 21 hours :eek: Last Christmas we drove straight through but stopped coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter