Kansas DVC-ers?

Well, this was really last minute, so we aren't staying on points. We have plans for those already, later in the use year. Anyhow, we are going to Pop.. LOL!

Decided tonight was the night to unearth this thread!! Maybe we'll find a few more ;-)

Umm, yeah, another trip is on deck for us!
:thumbsup2

So excited to see this thread! :banana: We joined DVC last year by buying a small BCV resale. We stayed at "home" last year for a five night stay in Nov and loved it! I'm planning on an adults only trip with my mom and uncle this Nov. to check out F&W Fest for the first time. :thumbsup2

I'm from Wichita, although we recently moved to the suburb of Andover. :goodvibes

HI there! I'm in Wichita too! We are headed back to BWV in October ;-)

Bouncing off the walls here in KCK. We will be heading to Disneyworld in about 10 hours :yay: We are going again in November (Thanksgiving day to be exact) but that is soooo long from now that we had to get a fix in before that. 7 days at Pop Century, here we come....OK, I need to get some sleep now :goodvibes

Bouncing off the walls here in KCK. We will be heading to Disneyworld in about 10 hours :yay: We are going again in November (Thanksgiving day to be exact) but that is soooo long from now that we had to get a fix in before that. 7 days at Pop Century, here we come....OK, I need to get some sleep now :goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip! :)

So excited to see this thread! :banana: We joined DVC last year by buying a small BCV resale. We stayed at "home" last year for a five night stay in Nov and loved it! I'm planning on an adults only trip with my mom and uncle this Nov. to check out F&W Fest for the first time. :thumbsup2

I'm from Wichita, although we recently moved to the suburb of Andover. :goodvibes
Welcome to the thread wdwfanatic316! We lived in Wichita for 12 years and have friends in Andover....small world. We live in the Kansas City area now. Enjoy your trip this fall!

Time to revive this thread!!!!
Can you tell that I am ready to go NOW, instead of October?!!
:wizard:

We are from Wichita also. We have only driven one time and it was a one-way. We were driving a small moving van to Orlando. We purchased a townhouse last year and move some stuff down. We flew back. Anyway, we drove from Wichita to Birmingham where we spent the night, then on to Orlando the next day. While Birmingham looks much closer to Orlando than Wichita, the second day was still very long.

I wish the airfares would come down!

Have a safe trip.

We are heading back to the World in October. This will be the first trip where we are traveling with others (my DH's parents, sister and brother and their families will all be joining us). Hoping they don't cramp my style! :rotfl:;):

Hi from Salina. We always fly, but as we are starting to stay several weeks in the fall, we keep talking about driving. We're just not sure we want to spend 2 days on the front and 2 days on the back of our trips in a car. :goodvibes

For those that haven't heard, Southwest plans on starting service out of Wichita next year. I'm not sure what routes, but I'm hoping one will be to MCO.

Yes, I have every appendage crossed for that. LOL

Depends upon whether or not the City will agree to cough up the sweet deal for them that they gave Airtran. But THIS is something that I would support my tax dollars going to. As opposed to SEVERAL other things that I could, but won't, rant about right now.

Here's a bit of trivia, for Wichitans. I think my source is fairly reliable on this. I found out that many moons ago, Continental wanted to make Wichita their Midwest hub airport. But the City Council nixed it because the expansion, might have meant that they would "crowd" Cessna. They didn't want to tick off Cessna. And thus the coffin was sealed on the "Air Capitol" becoming a real Air Capitol.

We are heading back to the World in October. This will be the first trip where we are traveling with others (my DH's parents, sister and brother and their families will all be joining us). Hoping they don't cramp my style! :rotfl:;):

Hope it goes well. I want to try this, but thus far, no takers. Eh, may be just as well.

Southwest at ICT is not a done deal yet, but we do have our fingers crossed.

Wow, I hadn't heard that (that's what I guess for not watching the news!). That would be awesome! :yay: Although I do admit, I get nervous flying SW about finding a seat with my family!

Hope it goes well. I want to try this, but thus far, no takers. Eh, may be just as well.

I don't hold out much hope for this! My Dh and I are very particular about out Disney travels. We get to the the parks early and follow a specific plan once inside the park so that we rarely wait in line more than 20 minutes. However one of the families is always late and loves to sleep in. That is going to drive me nuts! The other family is just grumpy! Hoping I can just remember to have a magical time. :banana:

Ooh I just saw this thread. We live in Wichita (east side Andover school district). It's so exciting to see all you fellow Wichitans. We usually drive to WDW and are planning our next trip for Christmas. We are all very excited.

Hi to Everyone and Special Welcome to Silly Girl!

I'm so glad there are others in Kansas that are Disneyholics like me. Yesterday I noticed it was cooler in Orlando one evening than here in the Kansas City area....it has been so HOT and humid. Somehow the weather always seems better when you know you have fireworks to enjoy each night. As all of you, we're looking forward to the next trip. :goodvibes

Quite delighted to hear about SWA possibly adding Wichita. Be sure to let us know if it happens. Did you see on the transportation board that SWA will change the way they handle the ticketless travel funds? New reservations have a disclaimer on it that on Jan 29, 2011, unused travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual on the ticket. I hate that change because I'm usually mixing funds for different family members.

Hope everyone has a Mickey Lovin' Good Day!

Hi from Lenexa-We have been members since 2004. Our next trip is in October- can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter