Kansas DVC-ers?

Southwest has some good fares ($79) to Orlando from Kansas City if anyone is sitting on the fence :)

There were several $49 flights up last week... I think they've now changed it to where $79 is the lowest if you are needing to fly into Orlando. You can still find the $49 flights to Tampa though!

We're flying into Orlando on 10/9 and back home from Tampa on 10/25 --- $49 each way!!! ;) I haven't snagged a deal like this in years!

Southwest has some good fares ($79) to Orlando from Kansas City if anyone is sitting on the fence :)

Yeah, I should have purchased 2 days ago when I saw that. Now, the flight back that I want jumped to $135/person. Probably should just pull the trigger and if it drops get the credit back. :sad2:

There were several $49 flights up last week... I think they've now changed it to where $79 is the lowest if you are needing to fly into Orlando. You can still find the $49 flights to Tampa though!

We're flying into Orlando on 10/9 and back home from Tampa on 10/25 --- $49 each way!!! ;) I haven't snagged a deal like this in years!

Bummer! We leave on 5/27. I would have switched my flights to Tampa, but already have a rental car through priceline. My flights were only 79, but still would have loved the extra savings.

Yeah, I should have purchased 2 days ago when I saw that. Now, the flight back that I want jumped to $135/person. Probably should just pull the trigger and if it drops get the credit back. :sad2:

When are you flying, jfinke?

We're going Marathon weekend in January and supposedly, SWA will be opening booking by the end of Jan. Hope those $79 fares are still around!!!

We're going Marathon weekend in January and supposedly, SWA will be opening booking by the end of Jan. Hope those $79 fares are still around!!!

I just noticed the following on the SWA website:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2009. On June 23, we will open our schedule for sale through January 15, 2010. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

We are considering a quick trip for MLK weekend, but it looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer.

I picked up flights on Southwest for 9/25 to 10/4 for $79 per person each way. I wish that I would have caught the $49 each way. Just happy to get the rates that I did :woohoo: Now just having the torturous wait for the Food and Wine Festival. This will be our first stay at the Beach Club so we are pretty excited.:banana:

When are you flying, jfinke?

Sept 25 - Oct 3. The direct flight down that Friday is still $79. But the only flight back that I wanted jumped up. There is still one for $79 but it is at 8 in the morning. Little early for us.. ;)

We were planning on doing the Everest run, but my knees are bothering me... I really hate getting old. :mad:

Sept 25 - Oct 3. The direct flight down that Friday is still $79. But the only flight back that I wanted jumped up. There is still one for $79 but it is at 8 in the morning. Little early for us.. ;)

We were planning on doing the Everest run, but my knees are bothering me... I really hate getting old. :mad:

That 8:10 flight isn't nonstop either. I won't book connecting flights anymore unless I absolutely have to! To me, that takes a lot of the fun out of flying.

Are you renting a car? If so, have you considered flying back from Tampa instead of Orlando? It's a very easy drive on I-4. Flight 1441 leaves at 11:25 am and it's nonstop --- and best of all, it's a $49 flight!

I wish SWA flew from Wichita but thats not going to happen. We're just happy Airtran is here. For those from Wichita if you have a choice and the price is close please choose Airtran. I know from inside knowledge that there is a chance after next year they could go away without more subsidies. This would kill our costs to fly to MCO from ICT. I love MCI but don't need to add a 3 hour drive to the end of our flights.

That 8:10 flight isn't nonstop either. I won't book connecting flights anymore unless I absolutely have to! To me, that takes a lot of the fun out of flying.

Are you renting a car? If so, have you considered flying back from Tampa instead of Orlando? It's a very easy drive on I-4. Flight 1441 leaves at 11:25 am and it's nonstop --- and best of all, it's a $49 flight!

I looked at it, but the times are not convenient. Plus, renting a car would wipe out any savings + more. We have been using DME since it came out. We pretty much stick to property when we are there. I have no interest in driving when I am on vacation... :cool1:

Oh well, I will watch a few more days and then pull the trigger. With my luck, the prices will go back up. lol.. A couple of weeks ago, they were ridiculously high. Delta was offering flights for $140. I think that that is what caused them to drop at SW. But, of course, you have to pay their cash cow, the baggage fee. :rolleyes:

Southwest finally came out with their flights for February.

We got direct flights for two for $278 total. :banana:

I wish SWA flew from Wichita but thats not going to happen. We're just happy Airtran is here. For those from Wichita if you have a choice and the price is close please choose Airtran. I know from inside knowledge that there is a chance after next year they could go away without more subsidies. This would kill our costs to fly to MCO from ICT. I love MCI but don't need to add a 3 hour drive to the end of our flights.

Yeah, it's no fun.

Holy cow, we are taking a last minute (well at least for me this is last minute) trip on the 16th!!

But, I can't find any cheap flights out of Wichita, or anywhere close... SO.. we are going DRIVE.. omgosh, I said it.

So, has anyone taken the drive and can recommend a route or another??
Thanks!

We almost always drive from Omaha! We head through KC and take 70 through St. Louis and head south in Illinois. Would that work for you? We've already got our hotel reservations in Georgia for December's trip!

THanks for the tip, but we are already south of KC, so we probably have to head through Little Rock. Just not sure if we should go South at Birmingham or go further East To Atlanta first to stay on more Interstate roads or not.

Yeah, I wondered if you'd say that. Well, it could be a back up plan if the weather is uncooperative on your southern route. We always have to have that back up plan as we always travel in the winter.

I don't know how I missed this thread, having visited this site often. We joined DVC in 1994, with OKW as our home resort. We always try to go down to Florida in September, mainly because the weather isn't so hot and the points are cheaper. We use to drive but got to the point that it took too long to get there and flying would get us there quicker. We are from Kansas City KS, and I am a BIG KU basketball fan. We just returned last month from WDW and had a great time.

Holy cow, we are taking a last minute (well at least for me this is last minute) trip on the 16th!!

But, I can't find any cheap flights out of Wichita, or anywhere close... SO.. we are going DRIVE.. omgosh, I said it.

So, has anyone taken the drive and can recommend a route or another??
Thanks!
I can't help you on the route to take but wanted to sprinkle lots of pixie dust :wizard: for your trip down so all goes smoothly and you enjoy your trip. Where are you going to be staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter