Kansas DVC-ers?

I'm not sure where I heard this, or even if it is correct, but I heard that many airlines "pre-bought" gas at higher prices and now they have to pay that. Has anyone else heard anything like that?
Yep, I heard that, too....probably on these boards. :goodvibes Who would have ever guessed the prices would have dropped as much as it has and stay. I think a lot of businesses probably thought it was a temporary drop and they bought the futures, not realizing everything was collapsing. :confused3

Yep, I heard that, too....probably on these boards. :goodvibes Who would have ever guessed the prices would have dropped as much as it has and stay. I think a lot of businesses probably thought it was a temporary drop and they bought the futures, not realizing everything was collapsing. :confused3

Wouldn't surprise me much. That is how SWA kept prices so low. They purchased futures.

Okay, I sort of belong. Jayhawk here, living in Ohio. Spent 20 years in Lawrence, Fairway, Stanley and Leawood. Rock Chalkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

OOps, I think we have hijacked this thread. NOKSFans!! We Luv ya too! Us Kansans have to stick together! You know because we still have to circle the wagons to ward off the natives. Seriously, a friend of mine was asked about that at Eagle Scout camp in Canada one year. I kid you not.
:sad2:

OOps, I think we have hijacked this thread. NOKSFans!! We Luv ya too! Us Kansans have to stick together! You know because we still have to circle the wagons to ward off the natives. Seriously, a friend of mine was asked about that at Eagle Scout camp in Canada one year. I kid you not.
:sad2:

I know what you mean. When I was a teenager, a family moved to my town from the East Coast and they teen girls in the family thought they were going to see covered wagons on their drive through Kansas. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi Everyone!

We're new DVC members from Olathe. We're really looking forward to taking our first trip 'home' to BLT in October 2009! :love:

Hi Everyone!

We're new DVC members from Olathe. We're really looking forward to taking our first trip 'home' to BLT in October 2009! :love:

Waves from a fellow Olathe-ian! :wave2: We've owned at VWL since 2006. Welcome to the community! DH and I toured BLT when we were down there last week but we decided to add on at the Boardwalk instead. DH really liked them, though!

Ugh.. Keep watching plane tickets going up and up and up. What is up with that?

I got Southwest from Kansas City Non-stop to Orlando Feb-1 to 6 for $90 per way. Not the greatest but now that non-stop to Orlando is Taboo at MCI I figured that it wasn't bad.

I am looking a couple of weeks after that, from the 21st to the first. I have been watching SW & AT slowly raise their prices as I have been expecting them to go down now that gas is $1.30/gal and oil is less than $40 a barrel. :mad:

Funny how the airlines don't take the oil or fuel prices into effect. For that matter I wonder why they are still charging the extra fees for luggage (not sw). I guess they have seen the extra money and now are unwilling to give it back.

Well, I changed the dates of our trip by a day and got decent prices with SW - $50 credit I had for our previous trip. So, that is over with for me now!

So, be prepared for record highs in KS during the end of Feb. It seems it is always warmer at home than in Orlando when we travel! :rotfl2:

I don't officially belong anymore - but I lived the first 18 years of my life in Wichita!!! Any of those Mickey antenna toppers could have been mine. :goodvibes My aunt is a DVC member and lives in Wichita (don't think she is on the DIS though). Now we are members at BWV and live in TX. I still have my KS in me though!!

My mom moved to Dallas. Occasionally, we drive down there to see her and then fly out of Dallas to MCO.

My mom moved to Dallas. Occasionally, we drive down there to see her and then fly out of Dallas to MCO.

It isn't too bad a drive - at least not for us. We are northwest of Ft. Worth, so it is maybe 5 hours home to Wichita. Considering that it takes 8 hours to drive to my sister's house which is IN TEXAS!!

Southwest has some good fares ($79) to Orlando from Kansas City if anyone is sitting on the fence :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter