Kansas DVC-ers?

*waves*

Booked a flight from Wichita with layover in Atlanta. I must say that it gets increasingly hard to find discounted fares. Even the discounted fares aren't very discounted.

I signed up for DING on Southwest to find deals out of Kansas City, Tulsa, and OKC and even those DING rates aren't particularly low, so I decided to just fly out of Wichita and not have to drive out of town.

Anyone thinking of adding on at BLT?? We are considering it.

Discounted fares are really hard to find right now aren't they? I got a ding fare for Tampa so I switched to that airport. We were renting a car anyway and it saved me about $60 per ticket, so I decided to go for it. But I haven't seen much for MCO that would work for us.

We love it that AirTran goes through Atlanta. We always make sure that we have enough of a layover to eat at Moe's Southwestern Grill. Love that place. Either the quesadilla or the enchalada. "Welcome to Moe's".

We added on Thursday night! We've been waiting and watching for BLT to be announced.:goodvibes

Yeah, I seriously want some points there. Not sure if it's going to happen any time soon though.

Thanks for the Tampa tip, I added that airport to my DING.

Just booked a flight to Orlando for a business convention in Oct a week ago on Airtran via Atlanta for about 150.00 each way. I know thats more than in the good old days but for 3 weeks out from ICT I'm not complaining. It will be hard to be in MCO and not be staying at our DVC resort. I may make it to WDW though if there is time.

As for points at BLT... the timing is just not right for us. If the economy was a little brighter I think it would be tempting. Just too many unanswered questions right now. I do hope to stay there some day. We've got about 40 years to get it in! I also can't wait to book a Treehouse at SSR. The fact that they announced that really helped keep us SSR owners excited.

I probably posted this before but our December Midwest flight from KC to MCO was cancelled outright at the end of July. Turns out Midwest is now running non-stops on weekends only. Blech.

We scrambled to get rebooked on Southwest at about the same price. No more two across seating..... :mad:

DH wasn't crazy about the BLT rooms at first but after further study, he has deemed them adequate. We're going to tour them in December when we're there; I wonder if we're going to walk out of there with an add-on. Last time, we did!

Hi all, we're from Salina and fly out of both ICT and MCI, depending on which one has the best fares. Until the last couple of years we usually found decent priced flights out of Wichita on American. The last couple of years we usually make the drive to Kansas City and fly Southwest (the ding fares have been too good to pass up).
Thanks for the tip on Tampa, I've added it to my DING. Is it really only a 45 minute drive? That's not bad at all.

Thanks for the tip on Tampa, I've added it to my DING. Is it really only a 45 minute drive? That's not bad at all.
We have never made that trip in 45 minutes. It's been over an hour for us. Assuming Mapquest is up-to-date, it estimates 1 hour and 20 min from the Tampa airport to Lake Buena Vista. I guess if you drive "fast" and don't get caught, you could make it 45 minutes.:rolleyes1

We have never made that trip in 45 minutes. It's been over an hour for us. Assuming Mapquest is up-to-date, it estimates 1 hour and 20 min from the Tampa airport to Lake Buena Vista. I guess if you drive "fast" and don't get caught, you could make it 45 minutes.:rolleyes1

Yes, that is what I found too. I was figuring somewhere between 1 and 1 1/2 hours from Tampa.

Hello fellow Heartlanders. I'm not in KS or Mo. I'm in Omaha, but this thread is the closest I've ever seen to Omaha or let alone Nebraska. I never see Nebraskans around here.
Just wanted to say HI.! :thumbsup2

I was going off memory. It didn't seem that long when we drove it 5 years ago. But we suspect we will be driving it more often because the fares from Wichita to MCO vs TPA is about $60 round trip. Take that $60 x 3 or more people and that adds up.

Hello fellow Heartlanders. I'm not in KS or Mo. I'm in Omaha, but this thread is the closest I've ever seen to Omaha or let alone Nebraska. I never see Nebraskans around here.
Just wanted to say HI.! :thumbsup2

Don't worry, your close enough :goodvibes

Yes, that is what I found too. I was figuring somewhere between 1 and 1 1/2 hours from Tampa.

Thanks everyone for the realistic time. Depending on the fare savings, it may still be worth it.

Plane ticket prices don't seem to have come down much. I should have bought them when gas was $4+. lol...

Apparently ticket prices for airfare go up quickly when the price of gas goes up but they are very slow to go down when gas prices go down.:confused3

Looks like I can get in for $248/person now on Airtran. That is with no additional fees. Who knows what that would be.

I think I will still hold of for now.

DH wasn't crazy about the BLT rooms at first but after further study, he has deemed them adequate. We're going to tour them in December when we're there; I wonder if we're going to walk out of there with an add-on. Last time, we did!
I agree about the first look at BLT. The promotional video they linked us to from the announcement email was AWFUL! All the special effects of the "dream" made it hard to see anything. It was later when we saw pics on the Dis and later the pics on the DVC site that we could get a better look at the rooms and decide it looked like something we could enjoy. Of course, WALKING to MK, was the deal maker.

For those of you who have flown AirTran, how's the leg room? We are tall and enjoy the extra room that we now have on Southwest. Is AirTran as roomy? Thanks.

If you are tall and don't have the kids with you choose the exit row seats. If not take a yoga class the night before to increase flexibility. :)

Its not terrible but if I am able to get exit row seating I take it as I'm 6'3".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter