Kali River Rapids Tip

mickeymomtx

Mouseketeer
Just reading some other tips and thought I would share one of my own. DH hates most rides but loves KRR and we usually ride 5-6 times in a row. He doesn't mind getting drenched, but I hate it, so I had to come up with a plan. Of course, I wear my cheap poncho but what about the shoes. Well, just before the trip I usually get a pedicure and they give those little flip flop things to wear out....AhHa. I carried those little "flip flops" in my bag, took off my sneakers before getting on the ride and placed the pedicure flip flops on my feet. The CM's were fine with my so-called shoes and we rode 6 times. My sneakers were safetly placed in my lap under my poncho. It was wonderful and I came off the ride with only wet hair. I gave my poncho to a rider waiting to get on, who seemed to appreciate it and we went on to our next ride. Hope this tip will help someone else who really hates walking around in wet sneakers.

Good idea!:thumbsup2

I hate the wet sneakers too, and I usually wear my teva sandals that are made for water and dry out quickly. Wish I had a suggestion for my DH, we are just the opposite, he is more of the water phobe on that ride and I don't mind so much, but I don't know what we could have him wear.

After our first time on he went into a gift shop and bought a whole new outfit!:lmao:

To top it off he had his wet clothes in the gift bag and we forgot it when we stopped for a bite to eat in Africa. When we realized it we went back but of course it was gone, and no staff at the restaurant seen it. We checked at the gate, and left our info in case someone turned it in, but no luck!:scared:

We still laugh though thinking about what the person who ended up with the bag thought when they pulled out wet clothes including undies!!!!:lmao:

Hilarious! I hope the thief learned his lesson. I am still looking for some sandals for our upcoming trip. Just don't want to pay a big price for sandals I will only wear at AK. I may give in though, I've tried on the Teva's and they seem pretty good. If not.. it is pedicure flip flops for me.

I brought along some of the bags that my NY Times gets delivered in. I put 2 over each sneakered foot, held in place by a rubber band. Also, kept my feet off the floor of the raft. After 3 go-rounds, my feet were dry. And wearing my dollar store poncho, the rest of me was dry, too.

I keep a pair of cheap flip flops in my bag for wet rides - I can't stand sloshing around in wet sneakers!

Also dont wear jeans or jean shorts cause when they get wet hard to take off.Also dont wear white shorts and colored underwear cause the colored underwear will show throw the shorts

I always wear Crocs which are great for wet rides and
also help my feet not get tired or blisters from a long day
at the park. You don't even have to remove Crocs they
dry within minites of getting wet.

Hilarious! I hope the thief learned his lesson. I am still looking for some sandals for our upcoming trip. Just don't want to pay a big price for sandals I will only wear at AK. I may give in though, I've tried on the Teva's and they seem pretty good. If not.. it is pedicure flip flops for me.

Thats not theift, thats finders keepers. Whats wrong with that? If you can keep a hold on your stuff its lost adn if its lost adn someone else finds it its not theft. If you find money unmarked on the ground would you turn it in? Did you know 90 percent of unmarked money turned in (this is noit just at disney but everywhere) usually goes into teh pocket of the person its turned in to. If money is unmarked noone can really claim it. With all that said if it is somthing like a camera or somthing I would turn it in but if its money and its loose and unmarked I AM KEEPING IT. if its a wallet I will turn it in.

Great tip!

We always do this. I pack a large plastic bag with a face towel from the resort and a pair of $1.99 old navy flipflops in it inside my backpack. I take off my tennis shoes/socks and stuff them inside my backpack, then put the whole backpack inside the big plastic bag BEFORE I put it in the middle of the raft. That thing still has a lot of water in it, even though it's supposed to be 'dry'.

Ride over, take the poncho and the flipflops off, towel your feet off, then slip the wet stuff inside the plastic bag and put it back in the backpack. Voila! Happy dry feet!

If you can keep a hold on your stuff its lost adn if its lost adn someone else finds it its not theft.
That is theft.
Did you know 90 percent of unmarked money turned in (this is noit just at disney but everywhere) usually goes into teh pocket of the person its turned in to.
That is theft.
If money is unmarked noone can really claim it.
Many a wad of cash was returned to its owner who described it including the approximate amount.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

Thats not theift, thats finders keepers. Whats wrong with that? If you can keep a hold on your stuff its lost adn if its lost adn someone else finds it its not theft. If you find money unmarked on the ground would you turn it in? Did you know 90 percent of unmarked money turned in (this is noit just at disney but everywhere) usually goes into teh pocket of the person its turned in to. If money is unmarked noone can really claim it. With all that said if it is somthing like a camera or somthing I would turn it in but if its money and its loose and unmarked I AM KEEPING IT. if its a wallet I will turn it in.

Wow, talk about spreading the pixie dust. :rolleyes: :scared1:

But, when I do self check out at the grocery store and ask for cash back and it only does give out 20 dollar bills; and I find a five at the bottom, I take that to the clerk in charge of this area and tell her it is not mine, clearly. I assume they will return it to the person whose change it is from paying cash. That is only fair. I believe they will be able to figure out who the five dollars belongs to, but I know, it doesn't belong to me.
Just my thought,
d

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter