• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kait and Quentin's March 2011 Escape Wedding Planning Journal

Katiebugbride

Earning My Ears
So I've been a visitor of these boards for weeks now looking for info to help me decide if a Disney wedding is right for us or not. After talking to my fiance and family, I've decided IT DEFINITELY IS!!! I can't wait to start planning.

Let me tell you a little about my fiance and I. I'm Kait. I just graduated from college this past May and work both as a one on on special education paraprofessional at a middle school in Massachusetts and also as a teacher for an afterschool enrichment program for at risk elementary school students. I have always loved everything Disney! My family and I go to Disney at least once a year on vacation. I completed three , yes three college programs at Disney. I know three is alot but i just couldnt get enough! I've been wanting a Disney wedding for a longtime but didnt think it was going to be in the budget or that my DF would go for it.

Quentin is my DF. He is a Economist for the state of Massachusetts. He actually went to Disney for the first time when we got engaged in October. We were planning a wedding at home in Ma, but it was just getting so expensive so fast and it really wasn't what either of us wanted. After going over our budget very closely ( not that he doesn't do that enough at work);), DF agreed that Disney would be the best way to go.

The Engagement

In October, DF and I went on vacation to Disney for my birthday. I knew he was planning something, as he was asking alot of questions about what day we were going to which parks, where we were going to eat ect. He isn't usually so detail oriented. On October 8th, We had plans for a dinner at O'hana but decided to forgo that and attend the MNSSHP instead. We got to the park early and he said he needed to do "some work" and would meet me in a little while. I wasn't sure what he was doing exactly but I was glad to walk around the park while I waited for him. I was having so much fun that I didn't question what took him so long. It came time for the fireworks and I knew exactly where we should watch " Hallowishes" but DF insisted that we watch them from the rose garden. I argued for a bit about there being better spots and but finally gave up. The fireworks began and a few minutes in , I looked over to Quentin and he was down on one knee. And of course I said yes! I was speechless and so excited.The rest of the night is a blur.

The plan so far...
We've decided on an Escape wedding in March 2011. Our original plans were for April 2011 here at home but April was too risky to have a Disney wedding. I didn't want to get married during a school vacation week. I've been to Disney in March in the past and it was so much more relaxing. So, right now we are deciding between the Wedding Pavillion and Sea Breeze point. We are planning on having about 20 guests. I would love to have a Wishes wedding but unfortunatly its just not in our budget as we plan to stay at Disney for about two weeks for our honeymoon. We are thinking of having a dinner reception at O'Hana and maybe a brunch the day after the wedding at Chef Mickey's. I'm still investigating some ideas for a welcome party , so any ideas are greatly appreciated. Most of our guests will have park passes so one idea is to do a scavenger hunt in the Magic Kingdom as a group but we still need ideas for dinner or some other kind of event. Any ideas or suggestions?
I'll update as soon as I find out any more details. For now anyways, I guess I just have to wait the grueling 6 months until we can reserve our date in July.
Good Luck Planning girls! :bride:

That sounds like me... stalking the boards waiting to book my wedding :rotfl: Your plans sound lovely and I completely agree about the 2 week Disneymoon after the wedding, we'll be there for just over 2 for ours. Enjoy the planning :goodvibes

Welcome to the boards and congratulations!! Our wedding is this March and we picked it for the same reason you did. It's still a bit expensive for our guests because it's technically spring break season but so far it looks like the crowds will be pretty low!

Hi everyone! Thanks to everyone who has read my pj so far. It must be wedding night on tv or something , I was flipping through the channels and the wedding episode of "18 and Counting" was on and now I am watching "Just Married". It put me in the mood to post a picture of the dresses I have picked out for my maid of honor and my junior bridesmaid/flower girl.
So my maid of honor is my best friend, Meghan, who I have know since I was in kindergarten. We were roomates through out most of college and have been going through the wedding planning process together as she is getting married July 2011. Our weddings being so close in time would be great if Df and I were having the wedding at home but now it might be too expensive for MOH to travel to Florida. I am disappointed but I understand , she and her fiance just moved into a new house and are saving up for their wedding on the Cape. As she is not sure yet whether she will be attending, I have picked out a dress for her ( wishful thinking I guess). My junior bridesmaid is going to be my sister, Emily. She is going to be 10 when we get married but thinks she is too old to be a flower girl. There is a huge age difference between us but she is so excited to help me with some of the planning. My flower girl is a little girl, Emily( Not that two Emilys isnt confusing enough, My DF has a cousin Emily who will also be coming to the wedding and she is about the other girls ages), who Ive been babysitting for about 4 years. I have become very close with the family and see the kids atleast once a week. The family usually vacations to Disney every two years and next March will coincidentally be the time they would actually vacation , so Im hoping they will come to the wedding.
Here are the dresses : ( I was originally thinking pink ( blush and bashful as I am a huge Steel Magnolias fan) but I found the best invitations and they are tiffany blue, black and white. Plus this color will look beautiful in tropical Florida.
Junior Bridesmaid dress ( my sister Emily)
fd0006_pool_blue_white_front.jpg

Flower Girl ( Emily)
yhst-11683221621812_2090_67379282

MOH Dress (Meghan) This dress but in Tiffany blue
734.jpg

My Dress!! I bought it at Davids Bridal about a month ago. My actual dress is in Ivory, I looked too washed out in the white. This is just the picture from the web site but Ill post my dress next time I take a picture of it. Its at my mom's house so I would not be tempted to show it to DF.
e9351_primary.jpg

Well thats it for tonight. The next thing I have to work on figuring out how to design my invitations and make a guest list of who will most likely be attending. Thanks for reading!

Oh I love your dress choices (Especially yours!). I look too washed out in white too, love the ivory!

That is a beautiful dress! I understand about keeping the dress at your mom's house...I don't trust my DF either not to peek at it :laughing:

Ghost

This type of marriage is safe and perfect for this first appointment. It means "he really loves and respects you. But it also means another referring "he just wants us to you, remember to take it!". => Only do you only have a love ko, kekeke

Want to kiss the hand

Kiss đượm style of "knights", when a man and a woman hand-over light up, then he is clearly that "I really admire you." => Secure than this one

Forehead kiss

This type of transmission rather than meaningful. Usually, this is the type of fathers, mothers for their children baby burn, carry messages full of love and protection for children. But it's nuances respect and comfort of lovers for each other. => Parents rather than children who love to kiss ko

Marriage on eyelids

When her eyes and wait for your sweet kiss, please kiss her lightly on the eyelids - a gesture of intimate but not too hastily or flippant. => More sticky masscara beware

Style than butterflies

This kind of love him for his jokes, but no less intimate. Pressure Monitoring please her, they play corner and her eyes, then down around her cheeks and chin. This will make her eager and waiting to .=> heard the style is more funny then ... kkeke

Marriage as

You can approached her from behind or from the front is not the problem, gently embracing her shoulders and placed a kiss on it. Sure she will understand the message such as pillows love and desire from you to clear message "to his children. => Before her marriage and smaller ko wear a wire or wires, even for a few ko wear hearing that more

French kiss

Kiss is also known as "soul kiss" by all who believe that the breath will have to go through the tongue of the marriage. Interestingly when the French people call this "model than the British" .=> preferred over this one

Than property

Usually the guy will leave a small imprint on your body, to remind him that you belong to. This will be a milestone marking the first intimate times of both .=> new marriage requires only that property and, sure die lost!

Than provocative

Screen kiss prelude of each - the guy will gently use your tongue splitting each bank, but not "attack" teaser that immediately until you can not bear more popular all time. => More of this new type of coffee nè!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter