Kade's Wish - MAW

Read the day 6! That is so awesome that he got to see Barney. Love the James Bond secrecy!

I'm so thankful for your description of the shows. We just got annual passes to Universal and Islands of Adventure. I think ds will love Barney! I think we will have to skip Shrek, the effects would not make him a happy camper.

I loved your TR and seeing all the pictures. We too went to the beach on Sunday...matter of fact Brooke(I think it was Brooke) asked if we were going to do a meet up since you too wwere going to the beach that day. We ended up going to Siesta Keys. Long drive, but so worth it. We also were at Universal on Monday. Kylee and I wanted to go to the Barney show, but we never made it over there.

I loved your TR and seeing all the pictures. We too went to the beach on Sunday...matter of fact Brooke(I think it was Brooke) asked if we were going to do a meet up since you too wwere going to the beach that day. We ended up going to Siesta Keys. Long drive, but so worth it. We also were at Universal on Monday. Kylee and I wanted to go to the Barney show, but we never made it over there.

how funny is that! too bad we only saw you guys for the short time we did.

just got caught up .... looks like a lot of fun was being had!
so happy Kade got to meet his Barney!
cool pirates!!

very sorry to hear about Kade today. Prayers and thoughts are with you all

What's wrong with Kade? This is the only connection place for me to keep up on how he's doing . . .

Brenda

Josh posted that Kade died last night on his facebook page. I don't know any details but my heart breaks for all of them.

Lots of prayers for you and big brother and grandparents and friends....what a sweet little boy we all got to get to know a little bit and enjoy - love seeing his sweet smile. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do for you guys!!!!

Everyone,

As you know Kade passed away in his sleep Thursday night. Below is the eulogy I wrote for his funeral Mass on Monday.

Josh

Dear family and friends,

When God gives you a child, you have no idea what the future holds, and you immediately start making plans and aspirations for your baby. You can make all the plans you want, but God has his plan too, and no matter how bumpy or smooth the path, it is the Perfect Plan.

It is no secret that Kade’s path was full of obstacles, but he had his share of smooth patches too. God knew Kade’s path when He made Kade, and it was Perfect. Sure Kade spent more than his fair share of time in the hospital. Sure, Kade lost countless moments to seizures. Sure, Kade never verbally spoke, walked or even sat on his own. But what made his journey perfect is what he taught us, and who he brought into our life.

The day kade started having seizures he brought some VERY special people into our life. Nurse Tina Klassing was one of the first nurses on the 12th floor to take care of Kade. God put her in Kade’s room as part of His perfect Plan. Tina was not only Kade’s nurse, she turned into our counsler, playmate for Kade, she setup a play date for Jackson, and most importantly became a great friend. Another very special person God and Kade put in our life that day was Dr. P, one of the world’s best neurologists. Dr P did not consider Kade just another kid with seizures. He took time to get to know us as a family. He stayed in Kade’s room until ALL of our questions were answered. Unfortunately he moved to Seattle to work on ground breaking DNA research but to this day still holds Kade in his heart, and on the top of his research list.
The next group of people God and Kade brought into our life were our GREAT Therapists and support people from First Steps. These ladies came into our home, and worked with Kade, hours on end, to teach his muscles what to do. Almost every night of the week, we had at least one of these wonderful women in our home. I dont know where we would be with out Shelly, Krista, Pam, Brandellen, and Jo.

Some of our most cherished memories with Kade are the amazing Make-a-Wish trip we took to Disney World. We had a wonderful time visiting the characters and Kade had a one on one meeting with Barney! The best part about it, we were there together as a family, grand parents included! Thank you Make-a-Wish!

Kade transitioned from First Steps to the Early Childhood Special Education system when he turned 3. We were introduced to more amazing people including new therapists and a wonderful teacher, Melanie. Immediately Melanie became an advocate for Kade and put a thermometer on his wheelchair so the bus driver would know if Kade was getting to hot.

Kade’s life wasn’t about what he couldn’t do, it was about showing others what THEY can do. He taught us so many things. He showed us that we had more patience than we could ever imagine, more love than we thought possible, and how to fight for those without a voice. He opened doors, made friends, showed others how to love, all with a goofy Elvis smile on his face.
Kade has a very special relationships with both sets of Grand Parents. They were extra sets of parents for Kade. Without them, things would have been so very different. He loved all of them SOOOOOOO VERY MUCH. Kade loved his big brother too. Jackson went out of his way to make sure Kade was involved in everything he could be, even as a special guest in his classroom. Jackson is the best big brother and Kade loves him for that. God put another very special Jackson in his life. One day while at Vision Therapy Kade got to meet a little boy, named Jackson. They never said a word to each other, but they were the best of friends, and as God’s plan unfolded, were classmates.
Dr P told me one day that he ran more tests on Kade in 2 weeks than he typically runs on kids over a two year period. What Dr P didn’t know is that Kade would do more in 3 years 8 months and 7 days than most adults do in a lifetime.

I did not come close to painting an accurate picture of the life Kade had or the lives he touched, but it gives you an idea. I know, too, that I did not come close to mentioning everyone that helped us and Kade along the way. Please know that we hold a very special place in our hearts for EVERYONE that has helped Kade or even took a moment to say hello.

When God came to Kade’s room Thursday night and took him home, the very first thing he did was opened his eyes nice and wide, stood up, kicked his wheelchair to the curb, and RAN around to meet all of the family and friends that were waiting for him. God’s plan was perfect!

Kade, we love you, we miss you, and you will forever be in our hearts.

Until we meet again.
Thank you
Josh and Annette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter